Lindsey Vonn tears knee ligaments in super-G crash; Olympic bid in doubt - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #1
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Lindsey Vonn tears knee ligaments in super-G crash; Olympic bid in doubt

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympic...171839823.html

Lindsey Vonn tears knee ligaments in super-G crash; Olympic bid in doubt

Lindsey Vonn sustained tears to the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligament in her right knee in a crash during the world championships in Schladming, Austria, a source close to the Alpine Olympic gold medalist told Yahoo! Sports. The U.S. ski team confirmed the injury and said Vonn also suffered a lateral tibial plateau fracture in her right leg.

The injuries are expected to require surgery as well as a lengthy rehabilitation and could jeopardize Vonn's 2014 Olympic bid in Sochi, Russia. The U.S. Ski team said in a statement that Vonn will be out for the remainder of this season but "is expected to return to racing for the 2013-14 Audi FIS World Cup season and the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi."

[Photos of Lindsey Vonn's super-G crash | Vonn airlifted from mountain after crash ]

Following a lengthy fog delay, Vonn crashed midway through the super-G course during the world championship event. She came off a jump and caught the edge of her right ski and twisted her leg violently before going down. She lay on the course for 12 minutes before being airlifted.

Vonn returned to skiing full time in January after being hospitalized for two days in November with an intestinal illness. She said publicly that she was still recovering from the illness, which kept her off the ski course for 11 days before she resumed practice.

Vonn captured downhill gold in the 2012 Vancouver games, while taking bronze in the super-G. Vonn entered the race with 59 world cup skiing wins, three shy of tying the all-time women's record of 62, held by Austria's Annemarie Moser-Proell.
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #2
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lindsey Vonn tears knee ligaments in super-G crash; Olympic bid in doubt

Aww f**k!!! Sh*t!! That sucks!!! I trust she'll have a speedy recovery.
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #3
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

I'm so happy for Tina, but feel really sorry for Lindsey. This accident was scary terrible. I hope she'll recover soon and be able to compete at ZOI next year.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #4
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Aliya Mustafina had the exact same injury the year before the 2012 Olympics and came back in a year to win the most medals of any gymnast at the Olympics. And that was a sport that takes probably more pounding on the knees. Vonn could still do it, she can't be counted out yet.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #5
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

That's terrible, but I'm thankful it wasn't worse. The 'air-lifted' part is scary