2013 REVIEW: Laura's Best Win of The Year? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which Was Her Best Win?

AO R2: Laura Robson def. Petra Kvitova 2-6 6-3 11-9 1 5.00%
Madrid R2: Laura Robson def. Aga Radwanska 6-3 6-1 13 65.00%
Rome R1: Laura Robson def. Venus Williams 6-3 6-2 0 0%
Wimbledon R1: Laura Robson def. Maria Kirilenko 6-3 6-4 5 25.00%
USO R2: Laura Robson def. Caroline Garcia 6-4 7-6(7) 1 5.00%
Other (State) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 27th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #1
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
2013 REVIEW: Laura's Best Win of The Year?

The bad far outdo the good this season but they were some pretty nice wins too.

This was a tough one, It was between Radwanska in Madrid and Kirilenko at Wimbledon. I chose the Wimbledon win over Kirilenko eventually as she was completely ruthless in that match. Serve and Groundstrokes were firing, ROS was amazing too. 31/17 ratio of winners and errors, 8 aces and 3 DFs. She just dominated throughout, it was stunning.

The Petra match was an absolute mess.. but a Top 10 win... who cares?
Her win over Garcia was pretty good, I thought she played a controlled match throughout.
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #2
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: 2013 REVIEW: Laura's Best Win of The Year?

It has to be the Aga win for me. Not just because it's her highest ranked scalp (though that's a big factor), but because she just dominated one of the best players on tour when she was at her absolute worst, on her worst surface and having just ditched Krajan. It came from nowhere at the best possible time.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #3
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysisGOAT View Post
It has to be the Aga win for me. Not just because it's her highest ranked scalp (though that's a big factor), but because she just dominated one of the best players on tour when she was at her absolute worst, on her worst surface and having just ditched Krajan. It came from nowhere at the best possible time.
I agree. The match against kvitova was a disaster
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #4
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
I agree. The match against kvitova was a disaster
I disagree. It was SPECTACULAR. Sure, it was technically horrible but my god it was fun to watch.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #5
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysisGOAT View Post
I disagree. It was SPECTACULAR. Sure, it was technically horrible but my god it was fun to watch.
Spectacular
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #6
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

I agree definitely the Aga win, though Kiki comes a close second. As previsouly mentioned it was just the way she dominated Aga who, whilst not playing amazingly in that match, is one of the best on tour and on paper a terrible match up for Laura. I gave her no chance to win that match before it started, whilst you always felt she had a chance against Kirilenko.

Oh and the Petra match was epic, possibly my fav match of teh year for being so hysterically bad but whatever, such drama! Watched the whole match in the toilet cubicles at work as was the only place available, was in the for half the day...worth it in the end!

Special mention to the Erakovic win at Wimbledon as well, yes Marina gave it to her on a plate but still amatch where I had completely given up hope before a rare turn around. That and the Petra match were the two wins I celebrated most this year.
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #7
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of

I would say Kirilenko. I like how she came back form some disappointing loses and just played her best tennis of the year. But I actually think her matches against Erakovic and Petra shows the most promise for the future, in that on the big occasions she can hang in there and pounce at the first opportunity.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #8
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Kirilenko for level of play. Plus it was arguably her best tournament run of the year.

Aga for claibre of player beaten.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #9
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree with Kirilenko for level of play, but I went for the Kvitova match just because of the sheer, unadulterated fuckery of it all, and that it went extra innings... I seem to remember I just couldn't believe she kept holding in the third set. It was a beautiful, beautiful disaster.
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #10
country flag RobCic

RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all

I think the Kirilenko match was her best all round performance of the season. A difficult decision because Garcia was serving unbelievably well in the US Open and coming through in straights was a great result.
RobCic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #11
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Radwanska in Madrid without a doubt... For the first time since playing Kvitova at the Aussie Open she'd dug in to come through a tough 1st round encounter against Rybarikova. She then told Krajan to get lost, and played round 2 as if a huge emotional weight had been lifted from her shoulders. Every time Aga threw in a patty-cake serve Laura rammed it down her throat. My favourite moment was at 5-1 deuce in the 2nd set with Aga serving. Aga hit her one decent derve of the match - a slice out wide which looked like a clean winner - but Laura somehow grabbed hold of it and returned it with such ferocity that she almost tore the racket from Aga's hands. What a way to set up match point!

P.S. BodyElectric: I checked the link and it seems fine. Maybe last night's unstable climate upset the web for a while. Where's Eugénie "Weather Girl" Bouchard when you need her?
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #12
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

The Kvitova match was devastatingly entertaining. Car crash TV, I couldn't take my eyes off it. Terrible and fantastic all at the same time. Hopes were still high for Laura at around this time and I thought it was a great sign that she could win ugly against a grand slam champion.

However, I voted for the Radwanska match. Expectations were at an all time low, I didn't expect a competitive set, let alone a straight sets drumming. Made Aga look as basic as she does whenever she faces Serena. Awesome performance.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 05:53 PM   #13
country flag tennisprince

tennisprince has much to be proud of tennisprince has much to be proud of tennisprince has much to be proud of tennisprince has much to be proud of tennisprince has much to be proud of tennisprince has much to be proud of tennisprince has much to be proud of tennisprince has much to be proud of tennisprince has much to be proud of tennisprince has much to be proud of tennisprince has much to be proud of

Laura Robson has had some impressive wins in 2013 no doubt, Even though Venus was struggling from an injury I would say that this is an outstanding victory for her considering the high profile player she is.
tennisprince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote