Mona Barthel News & Opinion - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 16th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #91
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel News & Opinion

Sorry to switch to Chinese, just ignore me.

欢迎来到Tennisforum yoite! Mona Barthel的名字用中文怎么说?请问给我发你Barthel的网站, 我想去看看。我们这里肯定有机会讨论Mona的网球赛!
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 16th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #92
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoite View Post
ThanksYou know there is also a forum which named "tieba" in China. And I am the manager of Mona'column. So I come here to share some news of Mona with you and participate in some discussion. I think we will have a great time here

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Sounds really good!
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #93
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
we did not analyze my game until now intensively.
Heresy! Analyze your game? No don't do that. According to one of your fans on TF, that would be akin to dissing yourself. Since you're a good player, obviously there's nothing in your game that can be improved.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #94
country flag yoite

yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post

欢迎来到Tennisforum yoite! Mona Barthel的名字用中文怎么说?请问给我发你Barthel的网站, 我想去看看。我们这里肯定有机会讨论Mona的网球赛!
Her name is "萌娜 巴瑟尔" in China. Someone translated it as "莫娜 布汀娜".While the first one is the official one and most of Chinese fan call her "萌娜" because it sounds very lovely.
By the way, connect me with English is just ok

yoite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 03:06 AM   #95
country flag yoite

yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?ie=utf-8&kw...91%9F%E5%B0%94
That is the address.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #96
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

This is another part of Mona's interview with the "german tennis magazine" in which she talks about the fed cup and her cancellation. I have translated it from german into english.

Quote:
The fed cup has been a big issue. After your victory in Paris and with all the injured players there was some irritation about you not playing fed cup. Why didn’t you start for your team?

I made my decision during the Australian Open. There were several reasons because of which I decided not to play. One reason was that I wanted to focus on my singles career and the others were of personal nature. And I don’t want to talk about them. For me it is even in hindsight the right decision to cancel the fed cup. It may seem strange to outsiders that someone denies the nomination for his country. Of course it is a dream for me to play fed cup for Germany one day but it was not the right time for me. On the other hand this does not mean that I will never play fed cup.

Your personal reasons are making us curious…

I understand that but I would like you to respect that I don’t want to talk about it.

Would you have liked Barbara Rittner to ask you again after your success in Paris?

No, I made my decision in Australia and it did not come easily to me. I had been thinking about it for a long time and then I decided not to play. If this turns out to be my only chance to play fed cup then I have to live with it. In any case I was very happy that Germany won.

Did you follow the match?

Of course I did. I was already in Doha in order to prepare for the tournament and at the same time I was following the live score. Since the live stream was not working I did not get any pictures.

Did you have any contact to your team?

Yes I had. I wished the best of luck to all of them. We are in good relations within the team. That I did not play was not a decision against any player.

Julia Goerges could not understand your decision and was criticizing you in public. Did you get hurt by this emotionally?

Everyone has his own opinion with regard to the fed cup. And not everybody has to understand my decision but as long as there is respect everything is fine. I do accept Julia’s opinion. She has always played so far and that’s why it is maybe more difficult for her to understand the cancellation.

Last year in Stuttgart you were for the first time a part of the team. How did you like it?

It was a nice time and also something special to have witnessed all this. It was a unique atmosphere in the team that you don’t experience as an individual sportswoman every day. It was a pity that I was not nominated due to the fact that I was only the fifth player. But to have been a part of this was great.

Were you disappointed that Barbara Rittner decided to nominate Andrea Petkovic who had just come back from a long-time injury?

No, not really. I did not expect to be part of the team. I got a call just two days before the practice week started. So I did not have any hopes to play. The decision concerning the nomination is made by Barbara Rittner and I accept her decisions. I would not claim that I would have performed better than Andrea. The fed cup is a special experience on which everybody reacts differently. You can play either your best tennis or you can be overchallenged.

Are you in frequent contact with Barbara Rittner who is closely networked with her players via twitter and facebook?

I would not say so. We do have some contact but with regard to my career I am mostly influenced by my parents.

In April there is the encounter between Germany and Serbia. Will it take place with Mona Barthel?

It depends on how Barbara will line up the team. We have a lot of good players.

But you are the number three at the moment.

Yes, that’s true. Let’s see how it will look like in April. There is still some time left.

Would you like to play or wouldn’t you like?

I still don’t know. When Barbara will have made her decision I will decide.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 03:58 AM   #97
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Thanks for the translation, Tecumseh. I think this article shows that Mona is a mature young woman with conviction--she gives a well-balanced interview which is informative for her fans and also clearly delineates what she will and will not discuss. Hopefully the whole affair of not playing in Limoges can be put to rest!
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #98
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

^^^
Keep your hair on.
Btw., your avatar choices are always quite interesting.
Right now it`s German players - strangest pic.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #99
country flag Tecumseh

Mona's new reports from her website:

Quote:
18.3.: Yesterday I met with Denise Cronwall (designer and manufacturer of tennis clothes that I wear.) and her family. That was a nice break in the practice routine.

17.3.: Meanwhile I am here in Miami and started my practice. The weather is nice, like a summer day in my home town, not too hot.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #100
country flag yoite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Mona's new reports from her website:
When did she sign the sponsor? And which sponsor did she sign?

Old Mar 19th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #101
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:

On her homepage she has listed some sponsors but I`m not sure whether she updated this site.
http://mona-barthel.de/sponsoren.html

I don`t know whether Denise Cronwall is contracting athletes at all. But as far as I know she hasn`t yet a contract. I guess it could be on the way.

Last edited by joy division : Mar 19th, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #102
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:

Mona is wearing Denise Cronwall (name of the brand) since the second half of last season. I don't know for sure if they signed an agreement but i suspect that it's quite likely because Mona is officially the WTA representative of this brand.

I think they suit each other very well, special clothes for a special player. I am happy that Mona doesn't wear this boring stuff from Adidas and Nike.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #103
country flag yoite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
I am happy that Mona doesn't wear this boring stuff from Adidas and Nike.
I couldn't agree more. The Nike lacks creativity.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #104
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Heresy! Analyze your game? No don't do that. According to one of your fans on TF, that would be akin to dissing yourself. Since you're a good player, obviously there's nothing in your game that can be improved.
Dear Mona,

Pov is misrepresenting my reply to him the other day. I do believe you can improve your serve. But at the same time, I hope you don't mind it being appraised as an already most amazing thing to behold on the tour.

Best wishes & regards.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #105
country flag RichardJule

RichardJule is just really nice RichardJule is just really nice RichardJule is just really nice RichardJule is just really nice RichardJule is just really nice RichardJule is just really nice RichardJule is just really nice RichardJule is just really nice RichardJule is just really nice RichardJule is just really nice RichardJule is just really nice

Quote:
嘻嘻,你是气象局局长???
RichardJule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote