Mona Barthel News & Opinion - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 10th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #76
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel News & Opinion

From Mona's website:

Quote:
9.3.: I am happy to win my first match in Indian Wells this year. Kiki played well in defense but played aggressive as well, so she made winning for me not easy.

9.3.: Due to a special occasion I would like to say once again that I do not have a twitter account and also any Facebook page.
I am wondering what this special occasion is about.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #77
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Interesting interview in context with her FedCup appearance which is causing a lot of talks and gibberish in the German threads and also some words on the role of her coach.

http://www.handelsblatt.com/tennis-f...g/7915308.html

Quote:
Köln (SID) - Für Tennisprofi Mona Barthel war ihr Verzicht auf einen Einsatz im Fed Cup gegen Frankreich (3:1) auch im Rückblick die richtige Entscheidung. Das sagte die Weltranglisten-28. im Gespräch mit dem Tennis-Magazin (Ausgabe vom 15. März). "Für mich war es auch im Nachhinein die richtige Entscheidung, den Fed Cup abzusagen", sagte die 22-Jährige.

Ihre Zukunft im deutschen Team lässt Barthel offen: "Ich weiß es noch nicht. Wenn Barbara ihre Entscheidung getroffen hat, dann werde ich auch meine treffen", sagte Barthel, die sich beim WTA-Turnier in Miami mit Teamchefin Barabara Rittner zusammensetzen will.

Ihre derzeitige Stärke macht Barthel vor allem an ihrem neuen Trainergespann Robert Orlik und Jacek Szygowski fest, mit dem sie seit Anfang Februar zusammenarbeitet. "Jacek konnte mir auf dem Platz wertvolle Tipps geben", sagte Barthel, die aber auch ohne Coach ihre Schwächen auf dem Tenniscourt ausmerzen kann: "Ich habe selbst ein gutes Gefühl dafür, was ich noch verbessern muss. Ich kann auch auf dem Platz gut einschätzen, was mir noch fehlt, um die Top-Spielerinnen zu schlagen."
Quote:
Mona Barthel thinks that her refusal to play for the German FedCupteam against France was the right decision.
In an interview of March 15th with the German"Tennis-Magazin" she said :
"In retrospect it was the right decision for me to refuse the FedCupmatch."
Barthel leaves open how it will be in the future. "I do not yet know. When Barbara comes to a decision I will make mine", Barthel said, who wants to meet Rittner at Miami.

Barthel thinks that her good form is mainly a consequence of the work with her new coaches Orlik and Szygowski. They are working together since February . "Jacek gave me some worthy hints on the court" she said, whereat she thinks that she can get managed her weaknesses on her own : "I have a good sense on my own for the things I still have to improve. I also can judge on the court pretty well what I`m still missing to beat the top players."

Last edited by joy division : Mar 13th, 2013 at 06:08 PM.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #78
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Mona's new report from her website:

Quote:
13.3.: Unfortunately I lost in three sets to Sam Stosur. I won the first set, but Sam was able to raise her level. Nevertheless I am happy with this tournament and looking forward to playing my next tournament.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #79
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Barthel thinks that her good form is mainly a consequence of the work with her new coaches Orlik and Szygowski. They are working together since February . "Jacek gave me some worthy hints on the court" she said, whereat she thinks that she can get managed her weaknesses on her own : "I have a good sense on my own for the things I still have to improve. I also can judge on the court pretty well what I`m still missing to beat the top players."
Good.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #80
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

I think every player needs a coach, even Hantuchova
Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #81
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
I think every player needs a coach, even Hantuchova
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #82
country flag Tecumseh

Here is a piece of an interview with Mona that was published in the new "german tennis magazine" which has been released today. It explains her coaching situation in more detail. I translated this little passage from german into english. So it may not be a perfect translation but maybe good enough to understand in which direction Mona is heading in this matter.
Quote:
In Paris you were working with Jacek Szygowski who is a coach from the Robert Orlik Academy. Did he provide some new input for you?

Yes of course. It was naturally a difficult situation for both of us because we just got to know each other in Paris. You have to get used to each other first. Jacek could give me some worthy tips on the court but we did not analyze my game until now intensively. You can’t do that during a tournament, therefor you have to work together for a certain amount of time. Considering that Jacek and I didn’t know each other before the tournament it all went superbly.

Is he going to be your new coach?

I am working together with the whole academy, not only with Jacek. During the next tournaments he and Robert will be accompanying me and after that we will see. It can sometimes happen that I will travel to a tournament with my mother alone but on the whole I am planning to work with a tour coach.

What kind of role does your home coach Maik Schürbesmann play?

Everytime when I am at home I am working with Maik. I enjoy to work with him and I would like to continue our cooperation. We do know each other for many years and if there is a good agreement between all the coaches everything will work out fine.
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #83
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Finally some little more reasonable and clear words of Mona in that concern. Her statements in the article I posted two days ago were pretty much contradictory.

Still the whole thing is a little confusing to me.
Hope she can find a good arrangement with so many different kind of people around her in permanent change.
Because as known - too many cooks could spoil the broth.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #84
country flag yoite

yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice

I want to konw what's her next tournament after Miami?
yoite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #85
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoite View Post
I want to konw what's her next tournament after Miami?
Charleston and then Stuttgart
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #86
country flag yoite

yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice
OK I know~Thank you

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #87
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

They designed a suite for Mona at Charleston

Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #88
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoite View Post
OK I know~Thank you

Hi yoite, welcome to our club!
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #89
country flag yoite

ThanksYou know there is also a forum which named "tieba" in China. And I am the manager of Mona'column. So I come here to share some news of Mona with you and participate in some discussion. I think we will have a great time here

Old Mar 16th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #90
Setsuna.

Thanks Heiko.