Mona Barthel News & Opinion - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #46
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel News & Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
I couldn't watch the match. Was Putintseva really that terrible?
She is beyond terrible. Some ppl were laughing at her sometimes. They thought she was crazy or something.

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #47
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
I couldn't watch the match. Was Putintseva really that terrible?
She tried to fool some posters here and only showed relatively "standard" emotion in the first couple games but then she really started yelling it right in Mona's face. At one point Mona had a couple BPs and whenever Putintseva saved one she would scream louder and louder and Mona would shout back once she got back to advantage. Quite funny to watch but no fun to play against I'm sure.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #48
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

^ Thanks for the info! I am happy that Mona was able to react properly to this annoying nonsense.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #49
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

This is an interview with Mona which was published on the website of her german league team. My thanks goes to tennisfreak13 for having already posted the corresponding link in Volume 2. I improved the Google translation a bit but it's still not very good. But i think it should be more understandable now.

Quote:
Mona Barthel in the interview: "A German Cup is always special"

Question: Mona Barthel, the new Bundesliga season begins in May and is therefore available on the doorstep. 2012 brought the TC BW Watt Extra Bocholt their first title. These are the memories yet?

Mona Barthel: Definitely. It was to win a beautiful experience while achieving the optimal target to have. It was for me the first German team championship. It's always special. Mainly remains the beautiful and heartfelt ceremony in remembrance and joy in our coach Hartmut Bielefeld. There are also tears flowed and was a lot of fun, especially after the narrow 5-4 result on the final day against M2Beauté Ratingen before thousands of spectators.

Q: That was your first season for Bocholt. But you are in the league for a long time?

Mona Barthel: I have played since I was 13 in the Bundesliga for the TC Alsterquelle in Schleswig-Holstein. Yes, that is almost ten years Bundesliga. Later we took the TC Red-White Wahlstedt, also in Schleswig-Holstein, has risen year after year to the First League and played in the final 2011 against Watt Extra Bocholt. 2011, after the withdrawal of the club from the Bundesliga, I switched to Bocholt.

Question: What makes such a success of a team? Otherwise, tennis is more of an individual sport.

Mona Barthel: The difference is not on the court, but outside we are a team. The others support you on the sidelines when it’s not going so well. This has also been identified in the final against Ratingen much. You give everything to win because the team wants.

Q: Many players from the team Bocholter tours across the world from tournament to tournament. Then talked about the Bundesliga in Bocholt?

Mona Barthel: Definitely. They know each other and learn to know each other and train together also. The experience of the German championship keeps being alive every now and again.

Question: Mona Barthel on 18 In February for the first time with 27th achieved a place in the top 30 in the world rankings, and so you among the world elite. Tournament Win there was in January 2012 in Hobart / Australia and most recently in Paris. What is next?

Mona Barthel: The start of the year 2012 was extremely good with the victory in Hobart. Later, it was not so good, I felt a bit tired, was also some times eliminated in the first round. But I had great matches against the number one Victoria Azarenka and Agnieszka Radwanska, now fourth in the world rankings, with match point. Overall, I was not dissatisfied.

Question: Now that you have confirmed world ranking points from last year already and still improving. Where is the way forward?

Mona Barthel: Fortunately, the year has started well. I had to defend a lot of points. That worked out. In Hobart I was in the finals. In Paris the victory I have with Marion Bartoli and Sara Errani beat two of the top ten. Perhaps I have become in my second big tour year more experienced. They know each other from already. My serve has become more reliable in particular, and have a higher success rate at the first service. My game is more complete now. And which ball you can hit just to make the point - it also has a lot to do with experience.

Question: The appointment to the Fed Cup National team for the opening match of the World Group II in France, which Germany won 3-1, they had omitted. Was that the right decision?

Mona Barthel: I don’t feel sorry about my refusal. I needed some rest after Paris and had therefore made the decision. That was definitely right. I didn’t rebuff coach Barbara Rittner for all time. We'll see what comes in April when the next match is pending.

Question: Then it goes into a home match against 2012 finalists Serbia to the resurgence in the premier league, the World Group. How do you assess the chances of the German team, which includes your Bocholter teammate Anna-Lena Groenefeld?

Mona Barthel: It depends on whether Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic, both of whom had been number one in the world rankings will join. If so, it is certainly difficult. But we have good players with Angelique Kerber, Julia Goerges and Sabine Lisicki and a good chance to win the match and go up again.

Q: Your teammate Anna-Lena Groenefeld belongs for nine years to the German Fed Cup team. What is your estimate?

Mona Barthel: Anna-Lena has a special meaning for the team, because she has a very great experience. She fits very well to the team, because she brings in double points and was one of the most successful german players in singles with a ranking in the top 20 in the world.

Question: How is the relationship of the pro tennis players with one another when you tour the world? Is there sometimes strong catfight?

Mona Barthel: Not really. We understand each other very well in general. Of course everybody wants to win on the court. But we also spend a lot of time together, travel together frequently to the respective tournaments and see each other therefore very often.

Question: training, matches, hotels. That's life as a professional. Do you and your mother Hannelore, with which you are traveling, see something from the attractions of the venues and the beautiful corners of this world

Mona Barthel: We collect new impressions every week. We try to incorporate them with us when I am free from play, or when I go out of the tournament and to the departure still has some time. We look ever at musicals, and even Manhattan was in New York for us very special. Boredom does not exist nevertheless. Qualifications, tournaments, physiotherapy treatments, updates to my Web site and organize the journey to the next place - it will not be boring.

Question: tennis pros travel ten to eleven months a year. There is still time for hobbies?

Mona Barthel: Little. At the end of last season when I was at home, I used the sewing machine from my grandmother and sewed two tennis clothes - just in order to do other things. Supposedly they will not look so bad. I wore them in tournaments also – like in Paris and won with it.

Question: You have been without a coach on tour. Will it remain the same?

Mona Barthel: I must have the feeling that a coach really helps me. We are working now with the pool of coaches of Robert Orlik from Cologne. And out of this team it was Jacek Szygowski from Lübeck who has supported me in Paris. The team also supports Annika Beck and Bjorn Phau, and we will start all together in Indian Wells. Let's see how it goes then.

Question: Back to Bocholt for Bundesliga. How do you assess the chances of the team in May / June to defend the title?. The big favorite M2Beauté Ratingen probably will do everything again for the first time to win the championship.

Mona Barthel: Of course it depends on the full team. But we seem to be back in a good position, and therefore there are is a good chance to win. Even more important is the cohesion of the team. And that is really good. Hartmut Bielefeld cares great for us and leaves nothing to chance.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #50
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

So she isn't completely against the idea of having a coach then. It seems to be growing on her? If so that's great news because it worked wonders for her game and confidence on the court.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #51
country flag Tecumseh

And here is the original version of the interview in german:
Quote:
Mona Barthel im Interview: „Eine deutsche Meisterschaft ist immer etwas Besonderes“

Frage: Mona Barthel, die neue Bundesligasaison beginnt im Mai und steht somit unmittelbar vor der Tür. 2012 holten Sie mit dem TC BW WattExtra Bocholt ihren ersten Titel. Sind die Erinnerungen noch wach?

Mona Barthel: Auf jeden Fall. Es war ein schönes Erlebnis zu gewinnen und gleichzeitig das optimale Ziel erreicht zu haben. Es war auch für mich die erste deutsche Mannschafts-Meisterschaft. Das ist immer etwas Besonderes. Vor allem bleibt die schöne und herzliche Siegerehrung in Erinnerung und die Freude bei unserem Coach Hartmut Bielefeld. Es sind auch Tränen geflossen und hat sehr viel Spaß gemacht, vor allem nach dem knappen 5:4-Ergebnis am letzten Spieltag gegen M2Beauté Ratingen vor Tausenden von Zuschauern.

Frage: Das war Ihre erste Saison für Bocholt. Aber in der Bundesliga sind Sie schon lange zu Hause?

Mona Barthel: Ich habe bereits mit 13 Jahren in der Bundesliga für den TC Alsterquelle in Schleswig-Holstein gespielt. Ja, das werden schon fast zehn Jahre Bundesliga. Später sind wir mit dem TC Rot-Weiß Wahlstedt, ebenfalls in Schleswig-Holstein, Jahr für Jahr bis in die Erste Liga aufgestiegen und haben im letzten Erstligajahr auch gegen WattExtra Bocholt gespielt. 2011, nach dem Rückzug des Vereins aus der Bundesliga, bin ich nach Bocholt gewechselt.

Frage: Was macht solch einen Teamerfolg aus? Sonst ist Tennis eher ein Individualsport.

Mona Barthel: Der Unterschied ist nicht auf dem Platz, sondern außerhalb sind wir ein Team. Die anderen unterstützen dich an der Seitenlinie, wenn es nicht so gut läuft. Das hat auch im Endspiel gegen Ratingen viel ausgemacht. Du gibst alles, weil das Team gewinnen will.

Frage: Viele Spielerinnen aus der Bocholter Mannschaft touren quer durch die Welt von Turnier zu Turnier. Wird dann auch über die Bundesliga in Bocholt gesprochen?

Mona Barthel: Auf jeden Fall. Man kennt sich und lernt sich näher kennen und trainiert auch zusammen. Das Erlebnis der deutschen Meisterschaft lebt dann immer mal wieder auf.

Frage: Mona Barthel hat am 18. Februar erstmals mit Rang 27 einen Platz in den Top 30 der Weltrangliste erreicht, und damit gehören Sie zur Weltspitze. Turniersiege gab es im Januar 2012 in Hobart/Australien und jüngst in Paris. Wie geht es weiter?

Mona Barthel: Der Start im Vorjahr war extrem gut mit dem Sieg in Hobart. Später lief es nicht so gut, ich fühlte mich etwas kaputt, bin auch einige Male in der ersten Runde ausgeschieden. Dennoch hatte ich gute Matches gegen die Nummer eins Victoria Azarenka oder Agnieszka Radwanska, heute Vierte der Weltrangliste, mit Matchball. Insgesamt war ich nicht unzufrieden.

Frage: Jetzt haben Sie Weltranglistenpunkte aus dem Vorjahr bereits bestätigt und sich noch verbessert. Wohin führt der weitere Weg?

Mona Barthel: Zum Glück hat das Jahr gut angefangen. Ich hatte viele Punkte zu verteidigen. Das hat geklappt. In Hobart stand ich im Finale. In Paris beim Sieg habe ich mit Marion Bartoli und Sara Errani zwei aus den Top ten geschlagen. Vielleicht bin ich in meinem zweiten großen Tour-Jahr etwas erfahrener geworden. Man kennt sich schon aus. Ich schlage jetzt vor allem konstanter auf, und habe eine höhere Erfolgsquote beim ersten Service. Mein Spiel ist kompletter. Und welchen Ball du gerade schlagen kannst, um den Punkt zu machen – das hat auch viel mit Erfahrung zu tun.

Frage: Die Berufung ins Fed-Cup-Nationalteam für das Auftaktspiel der Weltgruppe II in Frankreich, das Deutschland 3:1 gewann, hatten Sie ausgelassen. War das die richtige Entscheidung?

Mona Barthel: Die Absage tut mir nicht leid. Ich brauchte nach Paris etwas Ruhe und hatte auch deshalb die Entscheidung getroffen. Die war auf jeden Fall richtig. Ich habe Teamchefin Barbara Rittner ja nicht für alle Zeiten einen Korb gegeben. Warten wir ab, was im April kommt, wenn das nächste Match ansteht.

Frage: Dann geht es in einem Heimspiel gegen 2012-Finalist Serbien um den Wiederaufstieg in die Erste Liga, die Weltgruppe. Wie schätzen Sie die Chancen des deutschen Teams ein, in dem auch ihre Bocholter Teamkollegin Anna-Lena Grönefeld steht?

Mona Barthel: Es kommt darauf an, ob Jelena Jankovic und Ana Ivanovic, die beide schon Nummer eins der Weltrangliste waren, mitspielen. Wenn ja, wird es sicherlich schwierig. Doch auch wir haben gute Spielerinnen mit Angelique Kerber, Julia Görges oder Sabine Lisicki und gute Chancen, das Match zu gewinnen und wieder aufzusteigen.

Frage: Ihre Teamkollegin Anna-Lena Grönefeld gehört schon seit neun Jahren zum deutschen Fed-Cup-Team. Wie ist Ihre Einschätzung?

Mona Barthel: Anna-Lena hat für die Mannschaft eine besondere Bedeutung, weil sie eine besonders große Erfahrung hat. Sie passt sehr gut ins Team, bringt die Punkte im Doppel und war eine der erfolgreichsten deutschen Spielerin im Einzel mit einem Ranking unter den Top 20 in der Welt.

Frage: Wie ist das Verhältnis der Tennisprofispielerinnen untereinander, wenn Sie durch die Welt touren? Gibt es da auch mal kräftigen Zickenalarm?

Mona Barthel: Eigentlich nicht. Wir verstehen uns untereinander im allgemeinen sehr gut. Natürlich will jede auf dem Platz gewinnen. Aber man ist ja auch viel zusammen, reist häufig gemeinsam zu den jeweiligen Turnieren und sieht sich somit sehr häufig.

Frage: Training, Matches, Hotels. Das ist der Alltag als Profi. Sehen Sie mit Ihrer Mutter Hannelore, mit der Sie unterwegs sind, auch etwas von den Sehenswürdigkeiten der Spielorte und den schönen Winkeln dieser Welt?

Mona Barthel: Man sammelt jede Woche neue Eindrücke. Wir versuchen, sie mit einzubauen und uns etwas anzusehen, wenn spielfrei ist oder man eher herausfliegt aus dem Turnier und bis zum Abflug noch etwas Zeit hat. Wir schauen uns schon mal Musicals an, und auch Manhattan in New York war für uns etwas ganz Besonderes. Langeweile gibt es gleichwohl nicht. Qualifikationen, Turniere, physiotherapeutische Behandlungen, Aktuelles ins Internet stellen, die Anreise zum nächsten Ort organisieren – langweilig wird es nicht.

Frage: Tennisprofis sind zehn bis elf Monate im Jahr unterwegs. Bleibt da noch Zeit für Hobbys?

Mona Barthel: Wenig. Nach Ende der vergangenen Saison habe ich mich zu Hause doch mal an die Nähmaschine von Oma gesetzt und mir zwei Tenniskleider genäht – einfach, um mal etwas anderes zu machen. Angeblich sollen sie nicht so schlecht aussehen. Ich habe sie bei Turnieren auch angezogen – und Paris damit gewonnen.

Frage: Sie sind bisher ohne Trainer auf Tour. Bleibt das so?

Mona Barthel: Ich muss das Gefühl haben, dass mir ein Trainer auch wirklich weiterhilft. Wir arbeiten aber jetzt mit dem Trainerpool von Robert Orlik aus Köln zusammen. Und aus seinem Team hat Jacek Szygowski aus Lübeck mich auch in Paris unterstützt. Das Team betreut auch Annika Beck und Björn Phau, und wir starten alle zusammen in Indian Wells. Mal sehen, wie es danach weitergeht.

Frage: Zurück nach Bocholt zur Bundesliga. Wie schätzen Sie die Chancen ein, dass das Team im Mai/Juni den Titel verteidigen kann?. Der große Favorit M2Beauté Ratingen wird vermutlich wieder alles daransetzen, erstmals Meister zu werden.

Mona Barthel: Natürlich kommt es aufs gesamte Team an. Aber das scheint ja wieder gut aufgestellt zu sein, und deshalb bestehen auch gute Chancen zu gewinnen. Wichtiger noch ist der Zusammenhalt in der Mannschaft. Und der ist wirklich gut. Hartmut Bielefeld kümmert sich super um uns und überlässt nichts dem Zufall.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #52
country flag Tecumseh

From Mona's website:

Quote:
25.2.: I took some days break and got a lot of physiotherapeutic treatments. Now I am practicing again and looking forward to playing my next tournament.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #53
country flag Wonderwall

Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold

Her knee's fine then
Wonderwall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #54
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

^
Hopefully.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #55
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
^
Hopefully.
I hope Mona has fully recovered and that she will be in a good form when she goes to Indian Wells. Given her report it seems that her injury was more serious than i initially had expected.
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 06:00 PM   #56
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Mona hat den "Mein Team" Bereich ihrer Homepage mal aktualisiert.
Quote:
Seit Februar 2013 arbeite ich mit dem Trainerteam der Robert Orlik Tennisakademie zusammen. Vorwiegend werden sie mich auf Turnieren begleiten.
www.rota.pro
Quote:
Since February 2013, I'm working with the coaching team of the Robert Orlik Tennis Academy. Mainly they will accompany me to tournaments. www.rota.pro
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 06:17 PM   #57
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Orlik and Szygowski are in Indian Wells, so I'm guessing (or rather hoping) that Szygowski will coach her again here.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 06:55 PM   #58
country flag Tecumseh

It's good to hear that there seems to be a solid agreement between Mona and the Robert Orlik Academy. It appears that she finally feels more comfortable with the idea of having a proper tourcoach.
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 07:05 PM   #59
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Szygowski keeps coaching her.

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 07:35 PM   #60
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyla. View Post
Hopefully Szygowski keeps coaching her.
I think he will as Robert Orlik will still focus on coaching Annika Beck. Maybe Mona can additionally use his academy for some practise between the tournaments.