Mona Barthel News & Opinion - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:47 AM   #241
country flag jalusbrian

jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mona Barthel News & Opinion

Monas new Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mona-...70843266331317
jalusbrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 2013, 06:15 AM   #242
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

From Mona's FB page:

Quote:
The tournament in Washington just ended for me. I wasn't able to win against Andrea, she was playing too good today. All the credit to her... But I will learn from that and will be working really hard for my next tournament in Montreal.
I think she should start to become more self-critical.
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 01:43 PM   #243
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
From Mona's FB page:

I think she should start to become more self-critical.
Well, she must be still dazed by the lopsided dismissal, for the Roger's Cup for the ladies is in Toronto, not Montreal.

Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 01:44 PM   #244
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

maybe Petko played just great yesterday
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:17 PM   #245
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
maybe Petko played just great yesterday
Maybe you are right. But given the match statistics it's pretty likely that Mona would have also lost against Pegula again yesterday.

What i wanted to say is that she should focus more on the actual flaws of her own game than to praise her opponents, in order to finally become a competitive player again. Such a devastating loss without getting a single break point on the opponents serve is a problem IMO, even against such an accomplished player like Petkovic.

Giving credit to your opponent is a good thing but doing that to often (like Mona does) makes you less competitive. As i said, Mona should rather concentrate on her own game and her development in order to end her losing streak.

There has to be something going really wrong when a talented player like Mona is not able to get past R2 for four and a half months.
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:20 PM   #246
country flag Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

^ Spot on.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #247
country flag Tecumseh

From Mona's FB page:

Quote:
I am in Toronto right now for my next tournament. But so far, things could have gone better. My plane was delayed, my suitcase got broken and today in practice I twisted my ankle. But luckily nothing serious happened and I will be ready for my match tomorrow against Jie Zheng. Hopefully the luck will be on my side
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #248
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hopefully the luck will be on my side
Hopefully she is not just relying on that but also can produce some decent tennis finally again.
All the best for Mona at Toronto.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #249
country flag Tecumseh

Mona's new match report:

Quote:
Unfortunately I lost a tough three set match to Sloane Stephens today. A little bit disappointed, but overall I played a good match and I am looking positive to my next tournament in Cincinnati.
Old Aug 12th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #250
country flag Tecumseh

From Mona's FB page:

Quote:
My next tournament is close to start! I will be playing my first match of the Western and Southern Open in Cincinnati against Lucy Safarova on Tuesday. So I will have one more day of practice to get ready. Feeling good and excited for my next match!
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #251
country flag Tecumseh

Mona's new report:
Quote:
Won my first round 6:3 6:4 against Lucie Safarova today. It is never easy playing against her, because she is such an aggressive player. But happy, I could win in straight sets.
I am playing Maria Kirilenko in my next round. Never played her before, but excited for tomorrow. Wish me luck, so I can get another Top 20 win and maybe a match against Serena Williams
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #252
country flag Tecumseh

Form Mona's FB page:

Quote:
Unfortunately I couldn't challenge Serena more. I lost the match 6:4 6:1. But it was an amazing experience playing against her for the first time. I will take all the positives from that match and I will learn a lot from it for the future!
Thank you Cincinnati for the amazing stay here and I am looking forward coming back here next year
Up next for me the US Open!!
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 01:04 PM   #253
country flag Tecumseh

Mona's first US Open report:

Quote:
Hello from New York! I love coming to this city, it's so special and unique.
This year I decided not to play a tournament the week before the US Open, so I have more time to prepare and get ready for my first match.
They made the draw today and I will play Johanna Larsson from Sweden in my first round. We played three times (Auckland 2013/ Copenhagen 2012 and Bundesliga 2011) and I won all of them. I will do everything that this streak doesn't change
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #254
country flag Tecumseh

Mona's match report after R1:
Quote:
Happy with my win today I beat Johanna Larsson 6:1 6:4 today. On thursday I will play my second round against American Alison Riske.
Tomorrow I am playing doubles second after 11 am. Looking forward to that.
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #255
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Audio interview in German after USO 1st-round win

http://www.ndr.de/info/audio172245.html