Mona`s season in spring 2014 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 5th, 2014, 08:17 AM   #1
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Mona`s season in spring 2014

Mona`s getting more silent than ever on her homepage and on facebook.
I don`t really mind but a few words on her medias here and there to her fans would make some sense.

Her subforum has become quite a lonely place aswell.

So what is she actually doing ? Still playing tennis ?

Joke aside, but I probably missed something.
Did she announce her schedule for the next time at some point ?

Mona obviously is playing at Katowice which is starting next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Main Draw list

1. A.Radwanska
2. Vinci
3. Suárez Navarro
4. Flipkens OUT - Replaced by Hlavackova
5. Zakopalova
6. Rybarikova
7. Meusburger
8. Schiavone
9. Pironkova
10. Beck
11. Niculescu
12. Wickmayer
13. Hercog OUT - Replaced by Van Uytvanck
14. Cadantu
15. Torró Flor OUT - Replaced by Dolonc
16. Barthel
17. Soler Espinosa
18. Giorgi
19. Peer
20. Lucic-Baroni
21. Doi
22. Piter
23. Martic (#99)

Top Alts

#1 Linette
#2 Burnett
#3 Feuerstein

Qualification list

1. Hlavackova OUT - Replaced by Parmentier
2. Dolonc OUT - Replaced by Voracova
3. Linette
4. Watson OUT - Replaced by Coin
5. Burnett
6. Kr. Pliskova
7. Jaksic OUT - Replaced by Brianti
8. (SR)K.Bondarenko
9. Feuerstein
10. Dushevina
11. Vogt
12. Arvidsson
13. Kucova
14. Siniakova
15. Rus
16. Birnerova
17. Golubic
18. Buyukakcay
19. Krunic
20. Baczinsky
21. Hozumi
22. Karatantcheva OUT - Replaced by Savchuk
23. Witthoeft
24. Kania
25. Beygelzimer
26. Vasylyeva
27. Ozaki OUT - Replaced by Pervak
28. Paszek (#175)

Top Alts

#1 Camerin
#2 Marcinkevica
#3 Koelher

For whatever reasons they changed the surface from clay to hard.

Last year there were quite a few streams also of the matches in the early rounds. So we might have a chance to watch Mona playing.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 5th, 2014, 04:56 PM   #2
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of
Re: Mona`s season in spring 2014

Main Draw BNP Paribas Katowice Open:

(1)Radwanska v (wc)Pliskova
Q v Schiavone
Lucic-Baroni v (SE)Jaksic
(wc)Frech v (6)Meusburger

(4/wc)Cornet v Dolonc
Q v Niculescu
Beck v Barthel
Linette v (5)Koukalova

(7)Rybarikova v Q
Doi v Soler-Espinosa
Wickmayer v Cadantu
Van Uytvanck v (3)Suarez Navarro

(8)Pironkova v Hlavackova
Peer v Martic
Piter v Giorgi
Q v (2)Vinci

I think Annika is slightly the favorite here. But who knows, maybe the cooperation with her new coach is now beginning to bear its first fruit for Mona.

Last edited by Tecumseh : Apr 5th, 2014 at 05:07 PM.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 06:40 PM   #3
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Don't like the draw at all. Annika is the fav.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Pavly Halep
Slava Shvedova Belinda Bencic Genie Bouchard Garbine Muguruza Annika Beck
Bojana Jovanovski Ons Jabeur Sabine Lisicki Petra Martic Aravane Razai Stefanie Voegele
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 04:16 PM   #4

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

1-6, 3-6 against Annika

Leaving out that something might have been going on beside the court that affected her -
There was not the slightest sign for any improvement after working a few weeks with her new coach, quite the contrary.

Tbh, Mona looked like somebody who has no clue about what to do on a tennis court for about 90 % of the match.

Last edited by joy division : Apr 7th, 2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #5
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Mona looked as if she hadn't practiced in weeks. Or at least hadn't practiced on that surface. Probably just the way it looked though. Tough to watch. Hopefully Mona will perform better in the coming months. Much better.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #6
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
1-6, 3-6 against Annika

Leaving out that something might have been going on beside the court that affected her -
There was not the slightest sign for any improvement after working a few weeks with her new coach, quite the contrary.

Tbh, Mona looked like somebody who has no clue about what to do on a tennis court for about 90 % of the match.
I think it always needs a bit of time to adapt to a new coach. Petkovic and her new coach van Harpen are a good example for that.

But surely, seeing her slumping for one year makes it hard to believe that she comes back. But somehow i still do.
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 04:40 PM   #7
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

another disappointing result!
I couldn´t watch it but seems like just another horrible performance, 6 breaks against her, only was able to break Annika twice, that´s just not good but I hope that she can get some wins soon somehow..playing some challengers soon to get some wins and confidence back, maybe that would help.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
I think it always needs a bit of time to adapt to a new coach. Petkovic and her new coach van Harpen are a good example for that.

But surely, seeing her slumping for one year makes it hard to believe that she comes back. But somehow i still do.
Comparing her to Petkovic is a very difficult thing. Andrea has a completely different personality.

I`m simply gutted right now (once again).
Tbh, I`m sick of "Hope dies last".
But of course in the end there`s nothing else left.
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 05:03 PM   #9
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mona`s getting more silent than ever on her homepage and on facebook.
I don`t really mind but a few words on her medias here and there to her fans would make some sense.
Yesterday:
Quote:
Hey! I am in Katowice right now for my next tournament. I have fully recovered from my sickness in Miami and I am ready for my first round tomorrow against fellow German player Annika Beck.
"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books - a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects." - Albert Einstein
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 05:18 PM   #10
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Comparing her to Petkovic is a very difficult thing. Andrea has a completely different personality.

I`m simply gutted right now (once again).
Tbh, I`m sick of "Hope dies last".
But of course in the end there`s nothing else left.
Yes, that's very true, although i nonetheless think that Andrea also lacks a bit of self-confidence at times. Mona will probably need more time than Petkovic to get her confidence back. BUT she should stick to her new coach. Even though she made some critical double faults today, i nonetheless had the feeling that her serve has improved again a bit. In order to get all the pieces of her game together again she needs to continue the cooperation with a professional coach.

I know that her career is at stake if she continues to play like that but i still believe in a turnaround.
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 08:24 PM   #11
country flag Tecumseh

Who is that guy?

It's not Nic Marschand and i suspect he also is not a member of his academy. At least i did not find him on Marschand's website.

I hope Mona did not change the coach again.

(Thanks to mk27 for the pic)
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 07:19 AM   #12
country flag MrStylo

MrStylo is just really nice MrStylo is just really nice MrStylo is just really nice MrStylo is just really nice MrStylo is just really nice MrStylo is just really nice MrStylo is just really nice MrStylo is just really nice MrStylo is just really nice MrStylo is just really nice MrStylo is just really nice

I suppose its him
http://tc-rot-weiss-bad-honnef.de/in...r-dejan-cvijic

he is working with (for?) Marschand
MrStylo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 08:38 AM   #13

Probably yes.
Although the guy on the picture is looking much younger and Cjivic has a much more receding hairline.
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 09:02 AM   #14
country flag Tecumseh

Even if that coach is from the Marschand academy. All that coach hopping has to come to an end finally.
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 05:01 PM   #15
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Mona plays the doubles with Martic Nice company
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote