Bring Back Rebound Ace! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 05:50 AM   #1
Danke Anke

Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of
Bring Back Rebound Ace!

Am I the only one who misses the old Rebound Ace courts at the Australian Open? I think the worst thing the tournament has done was to switch to a court which essentially recapitulates those at the U.S. Open.

Rebound Ace played quite differently than any other hard court with the height of the bounce. Different than any other of the commercial hard courts. I know the main reason they switched surfaces was because of the theoretical injury risk from the "sticky" Rebound Ace courts, but I think were seeing just as many ankle injuries with the new surface. Moreover, the old Rebound Ace courts were manufactured in Australia whereas the new courts are American. In my opinion it was a really stupid move that turned the AO into a makeshift U.S. Open clone.

The tour is becoming too monolithic! The loss of the carpet season is the most notable change, but I think the A.O. is in the same line.
Danke Anke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 06:28 AM   #2
country flag metamorpha

metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of
Re: Bring Back Rebound Ace!

Yeah, I missed it also. Rebound Ace has unique character unlike other hard courts. I want to see more events on faster courts like carpet and the one they used in Bali as well.
metamorpha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 06:36 AM   #3
country flag tennisfan146

tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold

No, plexicushion is much more beautiful to look at, Rebound Ace was too plain and boring IMO.
tennisfan146 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 06:51 AM   #4
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Talking about injury risk, plexicushion's rough surface is not that safe either, especially to ankles. But I do agree it's beautiful.

I wonder if the Aussies have thought that the Rebounce Ace's higher rebounce and slower speed could've helped Stosur perform better, and choke later than usual R2/R3

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:06 AM   #5
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke Anke View Post
I know the main reason they switched surfaces was because of the theoretical injury risk from the "sticky" Rebound Ace courts
No the main reason they switched was because Rebound Ace's contract was up, and California Products Corp (who manufacture Plexicushion) offered more money
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:28 AM   #6
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
Rebound ace was great. One of the clubs here has indoor RA and it's a lot of fun.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:56 AM   #7
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Yes, Rebound Ace was a much more fun court to watch than this slow-as-fuck Plexicushion bullshit.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:15 AM   #8
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke Anke View Post
I think were seeing just as many ankle injuries with the new surface.
2 injuries in high profile televised matches and everyone "thinks" there's more how about some facts?

there wasn't a single retirement on the womens side, including qualies. that's unusual.
doujyr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:18 AM   #9
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute
But Plexicushion is so pretty

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:22 AM   #10
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by doujyr View Post
2 injuries in high profile televised matches and everyone "thinks" there's more how about some facts?

there wasn't a single retirement on the womens side, including qualies. that's unusual.
Still a lot of fuckery going on in the women's side as well even if no retirements though.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:24 AM   #11
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

They could bring back Rebounce Ace but make the courts blue like the current Plexicushion surely .

What was the reason for the switch BTW? Is Plexicushion cheaper to keep in good condition or what?

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:25 AM   #12
country flag pastadudde

pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan146 View Post
No, plexicushion is much more beautiful to look at, Rebound Ace was too plain and boring IMO.
They could have easily changed the color of rebound ace, lol.
pastadudde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 09:32 AM   #13
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastadudde View Post
They could have easily changed the color of rebound ace, lol.
They should have rebound ace and have yellow courts. With the US Open being blue, it would make the four slams four different colours.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 09:57 AM   #14
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
What was the reason for the switch BTW? Is Plexicushion cheaper to keep in good condition or what?
The 20 year contract with Rebound Ace Sports Pty Ltd finished. California Products Corp (who make Plexicushion) offered more money. So Tennis Australia switched.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 10:06 AM   #15
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
The 20 year contract with Rebound Ace Sports Pty Ltd finished. California Products Corp (who make Plexicushion) offered more money. So Tennis Australia switched.
How long is the current contract with the bullshit courts?