Players SELLING their autographs? - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:05 PM   #121
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Players SELLING their autographs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Hedy Lamarr sold autographs and Ginger Rogers wanted postage money.
OK...Googled them...Guess Im too young to know them...Ula will go the same way- younger generations (than her) will hav no fuckin clure who she is/was...
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:23 PM   #122
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

There's some hilarious story about Howard Hughes wanting to put Joan Crawford under contract after MGM cut her before she signed with Warner Bros. and made Mildred Pierce. He wanted her under contract and to sleep with her. She didn't want either, a little surprising about not willing to do the latter, but anyway, he asked if she'd sit for a molding of her body for a rubber dummy in her likeness he could bang instead. Crawford told him no, but to ask Hedy Lamarr.

Any of my film peeps able to fill in the gaps?
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:35 AM   #123
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
$20 shipping and handling fee to Europe? Isn't she based in Europe? Either way that is extortion. It doesn't cost that much to ship from anywhere.

Can you not just send fan mail to players now and expect them to autograph things for free (with you paying the shipping + handling of course), or am I just living in the past?

This hardly sends out the best message to interact with your fans does it, treating them as saps you just want to drain for as much as possible, and I would hope this isn't what the world has come to. Shameful.
That's what the world's always been.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:40 AM   #124
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
OK...Googled them...Guess Im too young to know them...Ula will go the same way- younger generations (than her) will hav no fuckin clure who she is/was...
Hedy Lamarr is to wireless communication technology what Billie Jean King is to women's professional tennis: she didn't exactly invent it, but it wouldn't be what it is today without her.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:41 AM   #125
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, she's hardly the first person to do this, so it's not like it's the end of the world.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:46 AM   #126
Serena's #1 Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Honestly, she's hardly the first person to do this, so it's not like it's the end of the world.
Exactly. Besides, if no one buys them, guess what? She'll stop selling them. It really is that simple.

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:11 AM   #127
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No one said that its the end of the world- it just show what kind of a person she is.... Plus she might not be the first person to do it, but honestly- anyone remember someone soo useless to wanting ppl to pay for her autograph ?
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:43 AM   #128
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Good to hear the world hasn't gone completely mad. I hope other players don't get any ideas from Ula, and this doesn't start a trend.
I don't think it would ever become a trend. Anyone do the same could end up facing a PR crisis and having much less sponsor fees or ads income. It's just not worth it to tarnish your public image in exchange of that little money, even top 10 players won't earn that much in selling autographs to cover sponsor loss IMO.

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 09:29 AM   #129
country flag Sgt.Timmykinz

Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly, now hurry along a close this troll thread!
Sgt.Timmykinz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 09:57 AM   #130
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, but it is pretty funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Timmykinz View Post
Exactly, now hurry along a close this troll thread!
I don't think we need to call in the thought police on this one. Far worse threads than this have been allowed to go on almost indefinitely. Hell, a heap of posters have more malicious stuff in their signatures than anything that has been posted here.

Last edited by stromatolite : Feb 2nd, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:45 AM   #131
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't the Radwanskas considered Euro-trash?
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:49 AM   #132
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

I would totally buy an autographed tennis ball from someone in my sig
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:04 PM   #133
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
I would totally buy an autographed tennis ball from someone in my sig
What, even Jarmila?

Couldn't you just sit in the stands during her matches and get several free ones?

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:22 PM   #134
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

Ivanovic doesn't do this now but she used to charge for an autographed card from her website (it wasn't even a real one, just a printed card). I looked through my paypal account and it was $5 and they said it covered the cost of the card, packaging and shipping.

babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:22 PM   #135
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't see paying for such a thing.

||||||||||||||||||||||
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote