Sorry But The Abysmal Crowds In Paris Justify Stacy Moving SEWTA To China - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:20 PM   #61
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sorry But The Abysmal Crowds In Paris Justify Stacy Moving SEWTA To China

Beijing is a mandatory so the field has to be better than a mini Paris event that's not even a P700. Also, Beijing is scheduled around holidays with Oct. 1-3 being off. How can you not have spectators around? It's disappointing most of the stadiums aren't even 1/5 filled during those days unless a Chinese player is playing.

Guangzhou is not scheduled directly after US Open.

They should probably put 125k on 2nd week of slams and Fed Cup to avoid weak fields. Also wtf is Fed Cup doing in between WTA events? Doha's Q is now extremely weak because every player ranked from 50 to 150 are playing Fed Cup. Do they know how to schedule events with ITF?

Historic #1: FITD S / Tipping S&D / Tennis Tipping D
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:23 PM   #62
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Player field? No, since players are basically forced to play Beijing and Paris has an unfortunate place in the schedule.
forced to play Beijing? Look at Serena/Clijsters.
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM   #63
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepher View Post
forced to play Beijing? Look at Serena/Clijsters.
Only the big stars can do that though, the lower-ranked players go because they can't afford to pay the fines or be suspected of faking an injury.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:36 PM   #64
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
This isn't actually true. ATP Dubai never really has had a better field than ATP Monte Carlo (who only really Federer skips these days). It's because if you make these events non-mandatory, they will buy up the top players, but you end up with a really lopsided field where it will have like a couple of players ranked between about 10-40 because these players aren't getting paid to play there, and know with say the top 4 in the world playing that they have no chance of winning, and the prize money isn't enough to entice them.
ATP Dubai does just as much as it needs to promote ATP in Middle East. They have most of top 10, and nobody there cares about #11-40. It's almost a non-mandatory "Masters 500" but it leaves one more Masters 1000 in Europe where it's cheaper for non-top10 players to travel to. WTA could do the same with Doha.
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:45 PM   #65
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optima View Post
Cincinnati is a fantastic tournament in an unusual place. Wonderful for tennis in mid-America. Unless you're from or around the area, you're just not going to get it.
I agree with this but honestly wouldn't mind them moving the tournament to San Diego instead, that way I could actually attend every year

The spread is still pretty even to me. There probably should be more emphasis on events in the Middle East. I know the ladies all really enjoyed the YEC crowds from the past few years, maybe they can find a way back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
VOTE POPCON 2014
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:01 PM   #66
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
I have no problem if they are killing Cincinnati for Wuhan, not Tokyo for Wuhan.
i have no problem if they are killing you for another Saisai-goat
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:09 PM   #67
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

@ Disco Petra
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:12 PM   #68
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova really doesn't seem to be very popular in France. I was surprised to see that many people leave after the Bartoli match. Granted, it was the main event of the day and the play had really run late but still...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:14 PM   #69
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Kvitova really doesn't seem to be very popular in France. I was surprised to see that many people leave after the Bartoli match. Granted, it was the main event of the day and the play had really run late but still...
Kvitova really isn't popular anywhere.

Maybe Czech Republic for obvious reasons but that's it.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:20 PM   #70
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

I was at the Toronto tournament in 2011 and it was Kvitova's first tournament after winning Wimbledon. She was just walking around the grounds with no one bothering her at all.

It was only just over a month after she won. I can't see that ever happening before.

babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:51 PM   #71
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsi View Post
I was at the Toronto tournament in 2011 and it was Kvitova's first tournament after winning Wimbledon. She was just walking around the grounds with no one bothering her at all.

It was only just over a month after she won. I can't see that ever happening before.
Petra doesn't seem to be an attention vulture like so many WTA's top players. That's why she'll probably never be as popular as equally successful attention vultures. But not being an attention vulture is a reason why Petra's one of my favourites.
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:54 PM   #72
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Petra doesn't seem to be an attention vulture like so many WTA's top players. That's why she'll probably never be as popular as equally successful attention vultures. But not being an attention vulture is a reason why Petra's one of my favourites.
It wasn't a criticism of her but it was surprising as sometimes it can be hard to get close to lower ranked players after they have practiced the first weekend. She was the Wimbledon champion and it has nothing to do with her so called personality. You win Wimbledon, you get attention whether you like it or not.

babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:59 PM   #73
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsi View Post

The good looking ones always have a crowd even when they are scrubs
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 05:05 PM   #74
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
The good looking ones always have a crowd even when they are scrubs
Like Maria Kirilenko
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 05:09 PM   #75
country flag pastadudde

pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all

Is sai-sai goat's intelligence as abysmal as the attendance in Paris?
pastadudde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote