Sorry But The Abysmal Crowds In Paris Justify Stacy Moving SEWTA To China - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM   #46
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future
Re: Sorry But The Abysmal Crowds In Paris Justify Stacy Moving SEWTA To China

When I went in 2003 it was busy. With the poor field now I am not surprised it is less now.

And before they had Momo whose matches were always full.

babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:39 AM   #47
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Why not moving it to Turkey?
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:42 AM   #48
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAISAI-GOAT View Post
OK you guys are always whining that the SEWTA is gradually moving all of its events to China, South America and the Middle East, and in the process "killing off" European events with decades of history and an amazing atmosphere

but I just watched highlights of SEWTA Paris and the atmosphere was like a dentist office ... the stands were only 10% full, including to watch Disco Petra and hometown favorites Marion & Alize

I would say that for sure the crowds are China Open, Doha, Dubai are better and they will be better for sure in Wuhan ... add in the fact that sponsors in those countries have the $$$ to pay the SEWTA, it is natural for Stacy to pull the ax down on all European events
You`re so full of shit..I can't.

Please get your ass away from the computer and visit a tournament for once so that you may get a remote idea of what you`re talking about.

Dentist office? The atmosphere during the Bartoli match was amazing even though it was an early rounds match, people were going nuts. Even the seniors who sat right besides me were shouting like crazy.

Cornet had less crowd support because she doesn't seem to be all that well liked, the crowd was even booing her arguing with the umpire. Mladenovic on the other hand had the arena behind her and it was great.

In general the tournament seems to be pretty healthy, even the matches on Court 1 had decent crowds both days. And unlike in Asia or the Middle East where most of the crowd seems to be some of the nouveau riche kind who just go to be seen there, the fans in Europe are regular people who really do care about tennis and that reflects in the atmosphere - Something that is nonexistent in China or Doha.

Money may buy you tournaments but it can never buy you dedicated fans or a passion for tennis among regular people.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:54 AM   #49
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post

He forgot to add that the entire top 10 besides Na should be replaced with Chinese look-a-likes!

Some of the players outside top 10 already trying

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM   #50
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

^

JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:09 PM   #51
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Lmao!
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:13 PM   #52
country flag Big_Banana

Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute

dentist office
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:50 PM   #53
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

Not a new information that Paris attendance is very poor. It actually looks like an Metro station with a field always the same, Lucie, Petra, Marion and Carla... And can we just stop saying that China got the worst attendance, I mean if you place those spectators in Paris, Madrid or Rome to those mega court in China, it would be he same, sparse and looks less... It's not like China is the only country with tournaments with extremely low attendance...

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:54 PM   #54
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that kind of like saying, "Florida is too hot so I'm moving to Saudi Arabia?"
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:58 PM   #55
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
The place was packed, when Bartoli was playing this year and last year. Was pretty full when Mladenovic was playing, too. Problem is the capacity of the place is probably somewhere between 500 and 1500. The 2nd court is probably holding a 100 seats. So when the 15000 seat stadium in China appears completely empty there are still as many people as in a packed European indoors event. For the final between Vika and Maria it was well packed. The Beijing final alone probably outdrew the whole events in Linz or Luxembourg. It´s not that shocking though considering that Beijing is twice as big in population as the whole of Austria and Luxembourg combined. The other problem is Europe has no outdoors hardcourt fascilities. It´s clay, grass, indoors settings. It´s just the reality of the situation that tennis is not that popular in Europe anymore. Asia can throw money at the best tennis players and actually get them. So that is where the Asian money goes for prestigious sports events. Tennis, Summer/Winter Olympics, or a World Cup. You cannot get the basketball or football players in their prime, because they play for equal or more money in Europe and the NBA.
Linz has muuuuuch more people watching during the week, even at Q-round than Luxembourg.
Get your facts right.

Adrian. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:01 PM   #56
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtin23 View Post
Not a new information that Paris attendance is very poor. It actually looks like an Metro station with a field always the same, Lucie, Petra, Marion and Carla... And can we just stop saying that China got the worst attendance, I mean if you place those spectators in Paris, Madrid or Rome to those mega court in China, it would be he same, sparse and looks less... It's not like China is the only country with tournaments with extremely low attendance...
PARIS >>> any tournament in China

Adrian. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:05 PM   #57
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post
PARIS >>> any tournament in China
In what ways? Prize money? Player field? Spectators? (I am sure QF in Beijing is still better than Paris today) Staidium?

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:06 PM   #58
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

The act of

- Catering schedules toward ATP
- Saturday finals
- Shortening season
- Unclear event titles
- $ dictating events
- Top players losing matches left and right (inconsistent)
- Unpopular/unliked top player
- Weird schedules pulling top events together
- No young players breaking through

...are all killing the WTA as a tour

Though, not everything can be fixed by WTA. The ones that WTA can fix are not being done.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:13 PM   #59
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtin23 View Post
In what ways? Prize money? Player field? Spectators? (I am sure QF in Beijing is still better than Paris today) Staidium?
Player field? No, since players are basically forced to play Beijing and Paris has an unfortunate place in the schedule.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:17 PM   #60
country flag longtin23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Player field? No, since players are basically forced to play Beijing and Paris has an unfortunate place in the schedule.
So what? I mean if players arent compulsory to play Montreal and Cincy, do you think every top players will play back-to-back so both tournaments have great field. If you compare Gungzhou, I can also say it's poor schedule after USO.