Will Petra Kvitova Ever Get Into Shape? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will she?

Yes, she's getting in shape now. 11 21.57%
Yes, sometime in the next year. 16 31.37%
Yes, but in the far future.. 11 21.57%
No. 13 25.49%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #1
country flag Crunchy Booboo

Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of
Will Petra Kvitova Ever Get Into Shape?

She was huge in 2009 against Safina at the US Open.

Got into amazing shape in 2010, clearly losing 20+ lbs, when the results started to show.

Gained maybe 10 lbs back in 2011 but actually seemed to benefit her game.

Then came 2012.. Absolutely terrible for a could-have-been #1.

She looks slightly better now in 2013, but still.. c'mon. With a game like her's and a fitness regime like Henin's, she'd be nearly unstoppable.
Crunchy Booboo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:50 AM   #2
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Petra Kvitova Ever Get Into Shape?

I hope she does she my new fave

Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #3
country flag andyjason

andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold

She has to lose weight first.
She now not only hit too many unforced errors but she can't even run on the court.
How can she win matches against top players?
She probably need a few months to regain her form and confidence.
andyjason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 06:59 AM   #4
country flag benbest

benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute

Is she's happy by the way she looks, I don't see why she has to lose the weight.
Maybe she doesn't share the same desire for success that other players have.
benbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #5
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so. Tennis needs her.
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #6
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't have a clue, and I doubt that anybody not close to Petra's inner circle does either. I hope so.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #7
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

I really wonder why she struggles so much with her fitness cause she looks so ambitious on court...
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #8
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

It´s a topic, but talent only gets you so far. The fitness issue is key if she wants to return to the place that she should never have left. Since the end of 2011 she started to get slowly but increasingly out of shape, until she was clearly overweight and her footwork turned into a joke. I think she lacks the hard working ethics and the hunger for titles of less talented players like Vika, Sharapova or Woz. She never sounded ambitious to me in any of her interviews, only stating time and time again how hard it was going to be for her to repeat a season like 2011. She clearly panicked at the beginning of last year when she was a match away from becoming number one, a fact that I found both amazing and revealing.
She has the two main things to get back into track again: youth and talent; and maybe this awful australian season was the kick in the butt she needed to react once and for all, but IMO if she doesn´t get a totally new approach regarding her goals, ambitions, diet and training methods she will probably turn into an average on and off player for the rest of her career.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #9
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I guess she will. Maybe she just needs some time to recharge batteries.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #10
country flag Marcjswp

Marcjswp is a glorious beacon of light Marcjswp is a glorious beacon of light Marcjswp is a glorious beacon of light Marcjswp is a glorious beacon of light Marcjswp is a glorious beacon of light Marcjswp is a glorious beacon of light Marcjswp is a glorious beacon of light Marcjswp is a glorious beacon of light Marcjswp is a glorious beacon of light Marcjswp is a glorious beacon of light Marcjswp is a glorious beacon of light

She'd definitely benefit from shedding a few pounds that's for sure!
Marcjswp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #11
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I guess she will. Maybe she just needs some time to recharge batteries.
wasn't that the point of the off-season?

Beat is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #12
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so. I'm not a massive fan but the Tour needs her or a player like her doing well. Kim has a left a big gap in the 'decent' person who wins market.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #13
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat View Post
wasn't that the point of the off-season?
Well, probably she hasn't used that time very well if she is getting beaten early on in tournaments and doesn't look very fit.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #14
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

When she will eventually give birth her child , whom she is gestating more than 9 months , probably even more than a year

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #15
country flag time2burntt

time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all

she reminds me of joker when he got that a.o gs even though hes fitness was shit
time2burntt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote