How does smog affect players in Beijing? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 03:06 PM   #1
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
How does smog affect players in Beijing?

Basically with all this increasing smog levels it's really got me wondering how the players can cope with this. Some of the pollutants are at insane levels there. How can the athletes even participate in the China Open?

And this isn't a China tournament hating thread, I couldn't care less to be honest. But when it comes to Beijing, player health is at risk.

What do you think the WTA/players should do if there even is anything that can be done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 03:12 PM   #2
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How does smog affect players in Beijing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Basically with all this increasing smog levels it's really got me wondering how the players can cope with this. Some of the pollutants are at insane levels there. How can the athletes even participate in the China Open?

And this isn't a China tournament hating thread, I couldn't care less to be honest. But when it comes to Beijing, player health is at risk.

What do you think the WTA/players should do if there even is anything that can be done?

If 20 million people in and around Bejing are fine so will be Sharapova.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 03:13 PM   #3
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah you really think the people are fine with those level of pollutants?
God knows what you would see if you took a look at their lungs.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:04 PM   #4
country flag PhilePhile

PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future

The average life expectancy for Beijingers is higher than that of the people living in Los Angeles County or New York City.
PhilePhile is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:07 PM   #5
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Question: why is it that everytime a Sharapova fan starts a thread completely unrelated to her, other posters have to twist it around to her? My theory is because secretly everyone is obsessed with her.

As for the topic, I guess that the WTA would monitor it, but then again you could never be sure. Maybe the specific tournament locations are places that aren't too badly affected by smog?
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 05:39 PM   #6
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...ic-sky/100449/

'nuff said.

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 05:55 PM   #7
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

no worries, Lin Lin is fine with it
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:02 PM   #8
country flag Viennalover

Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of

I think those are not sudden death kinda thing but certainly not good for your health in the long term.....
scarely thing is you never know until you actually has trouble and it may took years to show up....that often happens in developing country....

but didn"t Petra who has asthma having trouble with playing in China Open??
so some may affected by polluted air instantly....

Last edited by Viennalover : Feb 2nd, 2013 at 07:46 PM.
Viennalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:17 PM   #9
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilePhile View Post
The average life expectancy for Beijingers is higher than that of the people living in Los Angeles County or New York City.
And how does that show that the smog isn't harmful to the people living there? Presumably, life expectancy would be even higher without those toxins in the air.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:00 PM   #10
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viennalover View Post
I think those are not sudden death kinda thing but certainly not good for your health in the long term.....
scarely thing is you never know until you actually has trouble and it may took years to show up....that often happens in developing country....

but didn"t Petra who has asthma having trouble with playing in China Open??
so some may affected by polluted air instantly....
Shitra has problems playing everywhere though, don't believe her lies and excuses.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:22 PM   #11
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Question: why is it that everytime a Sharapova fan starts a thread completely unrelated to her, other posters have to twist it around to her? My theory is because secretly everyone is obsessed with her.

As for the topic, I guess that the WTA would monitor it, but then again you could never be sure. Maybe the specific tournament locations are places that aren't too badly affected by smog?
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:22 PM   #12
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Shitra has problems playing everywhere though, don't believe her lies and excuses.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:27 PM   #13
country flag donellcarey

donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute

China Open is in October, they'll b fine.
donellcarey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:29 PM   #14
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

If Dementieva was Popeye, smog would be her spinach.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:03 PM   #15
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

What's the point of bitching about one week in Beijing while your fave's freakin HOMETOWN is Los Angeles?
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote