Wendy Turnbull - life post tour? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #1
country flag renstar

renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of
Wendy Turnbull - life post tour?

Just saw Wendy Turbulll as one of the guests of the AO.she has stacked on the weight and looks like a lot of middle aged women you would see around. Sad really if she's going to have bad health from letting herself go so much. Just some questions if anyone knows?

- was she a confirmed lesbian or never came out? If so any partners?

- why did she move permanently to the US?

- does she coach? Commentate or have anything to do with tennis?
renstar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #2
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wendy Turnbull - life post tour?

I remember her commentating on Australian TV back in the early 90s. But other than that no. She retired when I was just starting to get into tennis.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #3
PamShriver

PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of

Wendy is/was partnered with Ana Laird, Chris Evert's best friend from high school and a tour official. Don't think Wendy ever officially came out but I don't think she ever tried to hide her love for the beaver.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #4
country flag renstar

renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamShriver View Post
Wendy is/was partnered with Ana Laird, Chris Evert's best friend from high school and a tour official. Don't think Wendy ever officially came out but I don't think she ever tried to hide her love for the beaver.
.....love for the beaver

Well maybe she thought if she came out some of her nanna fans would choke on their chicken sandwich to know their lil rabbit munched on more than grass
renstar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #5
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That somewhat explains why she was good buds with Chris and took vacations with the Evert-Lloyds and Johan and Tish Kriek.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:28 PM   #6
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
That somewhat explains why she was good buds with Chris and took vacations with the Evert-Lloyds and Johan and Tish Kriek.
I ALWAYS wondered that myself!! It does explain a lot...
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I ALWAYS wondered that myself!! It does explain a lot...
I wonder if Johan Kreik was as wild as some say....

I recall seeing Turnbull on skis when she vacayed with the Krieks. Was "Wonder Woman" Lynda Carter ever part fo that crowd?
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:24 AM   #8
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
I wonder if Johan Kreik was as wild as some say....

I recall seeing Turnbull on skis when she vacayed with the Krieks. Was "Wonder Woman" Lynda Carter ever part fo that crowd?
I have a feeling.... she WAS!

And she WAS the one with the lasso.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:15 PM   #9
country flag Pat Bateman

Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all

So what was the story with Wendy and Andrea Jaeger? I know there was a thread here about it years ago but i'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

Did they have something going on before Wendy hooked up with Ana Laird?
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 05:10 AM   #10
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all

I always knew what team Wendy played for. But she struck me as someone who didn't want to be too open about it.
I wasn't aware of the relationship with Ana. Anyone have any details?
Kind of interesting that sleek, quick rabbit Wendy ballooned post-career. But the few times I heard as a commentator, I thought she was pretty good.
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #11
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
So what was the story with Wendy and Andrea Jaeger? I know there was a thread here about it years ago but i'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

Did they have something going on before Wendy hooked up with Ana Laird?
Dude, Andrea is married to Jesus.
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #12
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

I like when a player is able to keep her private life private. Although I was never a big fan of Gabriela Sabatini, I think she, like Wendy Turnbull, was able to do that.
-----
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote