How many Grand Slams will Petra Kvitova win in her career? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How many Grand Slams will Petra Kvitova win in her career?

1 24 14.72%
2 13 7.98%
3 23 14.11%
4 14 8.59%
5 18 11.04%
6 19 11.66%
7 13 7.98%
8 10 6.13%
9 0 0%
10+ 29 17.79%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:07 PM   #1
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
How many Grand Slams will Petra Kvitova win in her career?

I say 5.

Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:08 PM   #2
country flag Young 8

Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many Grand Slams will Petra Kvitova win in her career?

Eight
Young 8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:10 PM   #3
country flag SVK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe many, if she will play like that always, but maybe not. Don´t forget that there are players which started exactly the same way, excellent performances, GOAT tennis...and then just disappeared, stopped playing that good and started to slump...I don´t believe that there are still people who can be so confident about some things in women´s tennis nowadays...As always when a young player with great game wins a GS there is so much hype about future GOAT, I better won´t say any number, time will see. The fact is that with this game she will definitely going (at least) to Wimbledon as a hot favourite.

Last edited by SVK : Jul 2nd, 2011 at 03:16 PM.
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:13 PM   #4
country flag tsmile789

tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all

I say 4,
2xWimbies
1xUS
1xFrench
tsmile789 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:18 PM   #5
country flag Gilas.

Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:19 PM   #6
country flag Young 8

Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotoxfa View Post
Don´t forget that there are players which started exactly the same way, excellent performances, GOAT tennis...and then just disappeared, stopped playing that good and started to slump...
Hitting the ball like this ? Who exactly ?

Please don't mention Ivanovic
Young 8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:21 PM   #7
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon (3 or 4) and FO (1 or 2).

no AO and USO, though.

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Pasta-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:21 PM   #8
country flag doooma6816

doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of

many...and she'll be definitely queen of Wimbledon...future no.1
Venus Ana Petra Pavly Franny
doooma6816 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:22 PM   #9
country flag Svetlana)))

Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute

About 8
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:22 PM   #10
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Once the Sisters and Kim go, she'll more than likely have 10 or more Slams, for the only sure-fire contenders for such will be Petra, Sabine, Maria and maybe Azarenka with Petra and Sabine not being restricted to any surface. Petra can whip any of the aforementioned and at age 21 she's only scratching the surface for what she'll eventually become, that is, being more efficient in her ground game and executing volleys better than what she did today. Plus, her serve will get better with age. She'll be the next great women's champion for the Tour w/o question. She has the weapons, the game and the demeanor to be a consistent tennis champion.

Last edited by Rex59 : Jul 2nd, 2011 at 03:29 PM.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:25 PM   #11
country flag SVK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 8 View Post
Hitting the ball like this ? Who exactly ?

Please don't mention Ivanovic
Oh come on there was exactly the same hype also when Ivanovic won the slam And no I´m not comparing their games...just saying that if she is playing like that now, it doesn´t mean that she will surely play like this throughout the whole career and peaking on slams always like Serena for example. I´m also not saying that she won´t win many slams, just that you must be pretty brave when you are talking about multiple slam winner in today´s womens tennis which is absolutely unpredictable...yeah even when she has such a great game...it doesn´t mean that she is almost unbeatable now.
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:26 PM   #12
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

more than 10.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:30 PM   #13
country flag !VamosRafa!

!VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of

Not more than 14
4 AO
1 FO
7 Wimbledons
2 USO
!VamosRafa! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:33 PM   #14
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

I say.... 6.
Although she could easily win more. But I think in the next 1-2 years she'll be blocked out by a healty Clijsters and Serena, and perhaps even Maria will have her revenge on her.
I think the slams will flow much easier when the 'greats' retire. I think she'll win one more slam in the next 2 years, and the rest of the slams after that.

Perhaps...

2 AO
0 FO
1 W
3 USO

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:35 PM   #15
country flag Soliloque
La nuit je mens

Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing outside Wimbly. Even Caroline is a better hardcourt (outdoor) player than her.
Soliloque is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote