Confessions of crazy fans! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #1
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Confessions of crazy fans!

Guys, let's give a short break of all those results and predicting threads while waiting for another day at AO. Let's confess to each other what are the feelings we have, craziness we do and other things we survive while watching matches of our favourites.

I'll break the ice.

As you can see, I am a huge fan of Ana Ivanovic. When she plays, I don't eat, because I can't move my head up and down to take food. I do not speak to anyone except with myself or Ana (through TV). Also, when she wins, I jump all over my room as a kangaroo. After that, I get out of my room pretending nothing happened and switch to normal mode again.

Now it's your turn.
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #2
country flag LCS

LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Confessions of crazy fans!

Off season is over.
W: (12) Australian Open (11) 50K Monzon, Toronto F: (12) Montreal (09) 25K Redding, Bali YEC (08) Memphis, Stanford, 100K Krakow SF: (13) Toronto (12) Estoril Open (09) Roland Garros, Stanford (08) Auckland, Rome, Eastbourne, New Haven
Doubles W: (11) Hobart (09) 25K Redding (08) Doha, Istanbul (07) Estoril Open F: (12) Pattaya, Roland Garros, Stanford (11) Guangzhou(08) Memphis, Wimbledon, New Haven (07) Bali SF: (11) Trnava (10) Stuttgart (08) Budapest (07)Birmingham, US Open QF: (12) Australian Open (11) Roland Garros
LCS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #3
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

I used to end mentally exhausted and with tachycardia after watching Daniela/Sam choke

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #4
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

I'll bite on this one...even though off season is over lol!

In 2007 Serena v. Justine in the Finals of Miami I was sooo surprised at the bagel Justine gave to Serena.

I was watching the match and when Serena didn't call Richard over (on court coaching) in between the 1st and 2nd set I thought Serena was doomed for a straight sets loss.

When Serena made her run in the 2nd set she won a few very tight points may have saved a match point or two I can't remember but I was SCREAMING C'mon at my television soo loud and soo many times that my neighbors came over to make sure everything was ok at my place.

After Serena finally won the match I was so exhausted I had to take a good long nap from all of my yelling and cussing at the tv. It was an epic Saturday afternoon for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #5
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

It's great to see someone being a faithful fan of one's home country athlete, especially in times when the athlete is not doing as great as before. As long as you are showing a respect to other fans and athletes then it would be my pleasure to give you a high rep for that. That's what the sportsmanship is about.

I have similar feeling towards Agnieszka Radwanska. Why? Because she gives me a sense of pride of my own country, especially now when I live in the US. We don't have many great athletes, and if we do it's usually in niche sports. Agnieszka is the only world recognizable Polish athlete, and she is doing really great to represent my country. It's for her I travel across several states to Indian Wells every year. It's for her I'm going to stop at Wimbledon this year on my way to Poland.
She may have a competitor now for my heart - Jerzy Janowicz. We will see how his career develops, but for now it's a joy to see them both progress.

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #6
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

I've come a long way and I can now proudly say I can handle bad days like a mature adult, BUT back in the day I was beyond a hawt mess!!

Wen Serena used to lose in majors I would actually get depressed..pathetic, I know. It would affect my mood and I could find myself thinking about it even as much as a week afterward.

One funny story was all the way back in 89 watching the French Open final. I got so depressed that Steffi loss I snuck a shot if brandy from my dads bar and hopped on my bicycle and just kept riding for hours...lmao!! In my defense I was just a kid.

I've dreamt of my faves, I've had all the crazy superstition rituals...and so on. If I was sitting a certain way or holding the remote a certain way and my favorite was winning I would try to keep the environment the same thinking if something changed it could be bad luck for my fave...lol. Even when I used to watch recordings I would be nervous. I would know where the ball would bounce but still find myself nervous as if I didn't know the outcome.

Like I said all the crazy is gone now...lol. But yeah, I got stories from my youth..
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #7
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to watch every single point of Oudins on the SCOREBOARD and had to cover Mels score in the game and gradually uncover it to see if she had won the point if the other girl hadn't Plus I like going back and reading from the beginning of her thread (but not all of it by any stretch )
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #8
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute

"I used to end mentally exhausted and with tachycardia"
" I was SCREAMING C'mon at my television soo loud and soo many times that my neighbors came over to make sure everything was ok at my place."
"It's great to see someone being a faithful fan of one's home country athlete, especially in times when the athlete is not doing as great as before. As long as you are showing a respect to other fans and athletes then it would be my pleasure to give you a high rep for that. That's what the sportsmanship is about."
" I got so depressed that Steffi loss I snuck a shot if brandy from my dads bar and hopped on my bicycle and just kept riding for hours."
"had to cover Mels score in the game and gradually uncover it to see if she had won the point if the other girl hadn't"

Hey it is great feeling when you share these emotions and stories with others. I really hope all our faves are going to be great during AO Day 5.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #9
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Will2 View Post
I'll bite on this one...even though off season is over lol!

In 2007 Serena v. Justine in the Finals of Miami I was sooo surprised at the bagel Justine gave to Serena.

I was watching the match and when Serena didn't call Richard over (on court coaching) in between the 1st and 2nd set I thought Serena was doomed for a straight sets loss.

When Serena made her run in the 2nd set she won a few very tight points may have saved a match point or two I can't remember but I was SCREAMING C'mon at my television soo loud and soo many times that my neighbors came over to make sure everything was ok at my place.

After Serena finally won the match I was so exhausted I had to take a good long nap from all of my yelling and cussing at the tv. It was an epic Saturday afternoon for me.

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:49 AM   #10
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

Oh i do the depressed thing after losses too
I literally cry when Maria loses sometimes and i think i care more about her losing than she does

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #11
country flag fedhingis67

fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all

When Kim was down and out against Li Na last year in the tiebreak I played "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey. Needless to say, it worked.
fedhingis67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #12
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

I've never done anything remotely to close to what you guys are posting. Though I'm more of a tennis fan overall rather than crazy about a particular player, I might wake up at night to watch Cornet-Cadantu or something but if I don't feel like it I'll easily sleep through or just not watch Sharapova's and Petkovic's matches even though they're my faves
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #13
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Venus fan. Way too many to list.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #14
Cookiecrusher

Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future

Gotta tell you I was absolutely heartbroken when Sveta lost that marathon to Schiavone at the AO But nowadays she loses too often for me to even get upset. Whenever she has a good run, I will not get my hopes up too high. Even when Na gets by easily, I still feel uneasy because of her error-prone side Same for the likes of Serena and Vika, even though they're at the top now I still am not exactly confident in their abilities to win every single match. I keep my expectations low so that I will not be THAT crushed whenever any of my favorites lose.

If there's something tennis has taught me, its not to be overconfident in anything.
Cookiecrusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #15
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashabator View Post
Oh i do the depressed thing after losses too
I literally cry when Maria loses sometimes and i think i care more about her losing than she does
Same thing with me. When Ana losses, I get depressed in next few hours.