Tarpishchev: "Bidding on [the YEC] a waste of money...We didn’t even want it." - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #1
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute
Tarpishchev: "Bidding on [the YEC] a waste of money...We didn’t even want it."

Quote:
MOSCOW, January 30 (R-Sport) - The Russian city of Kazan never intended to host this season's WTA tennis championships despite appearing on the initial list of candidates, Russian tennis chief Shamil Tarpishchev told R-Sport on Wednesday.

The capital of the Tatarstan republic was only axed from a four-city shortlist this week, leaving Monterrey, Singapore and China’s Tianjin as the candidates to replace Istanbul for the season-ending event.

“Nobody filed a proper application, neither (Tatarstan President Rustam) Minnikhanov, nor anybody else,” Tarpishchev said.

“The city sports committee filed an unauthorized application and by accident, so initially we didn’t even want this tournament.”

Moreover, Tarpishchev claimed there was no financial incentive to organize such event in Russia.

“It’s a waste of money, it’s better to buy a tournament for a long time than to spend money on a single event which doesn’t have a lot of meaning,” Tarpishchev said.

Resources will be channeled instead into the annual WTA/ATP Kremlin Cup in October, the only Russian stop on the tour, he added.

“We have Kremlin Cup and the women’s event there is strong. There’s no sense in wasting over $10 million to stage one tournament.”

The WTA Championships feature the top 8 singles players and top 8 doubles teams of the season competing for $4.9 million in prize money.

However, the 64-year-old Fed Cup and Davis Cup captain insisted Kazan had all the required facilities for staging a big tennis tournament as the home of the University Games this summer.

“There are all the necessary facilities in Kazan and it is ready to hold competitions of such caliber, but for now we don’t need this tournament.”
How do you accidentally file an application?
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #2
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of
Re: Tarpishchev: "Bidding on [the YEC] a waste of money...We didn’t even want it."

Quote:
“The city sports committee filed an unauthorized application and by accident, so initially we didn’t even want this tournament.”
Really? How actually to file an application by accident? I thingk his words sound a little sour grape-y.

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #3
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tarpishchev: "Bidding on [the YEC] a waste of money...We didn’t even want it."

In related news Sharapova lost Olympics final 1 and 0, because Russia didn´t really want to win it.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #4
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously can't take rejection or a loss

NashaMash = Tarpishev
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:10 AM   #5
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
How do you accidentally file an application?

We have Kremlin Cup and the women’s event there is strong."

Tarpishchev is getting delusional saying these kinds of things. Moscov was a big Tier1 in the past where the field was as strong as any PM. Nowadays, it's more like an International "savior" for slumping players like Caro to get unnoticed precious points at the end of the season out of the lime light. No good leader should be satisfied with that.

It’s a waste of money, it’s better to buy a tournament for a long time than to spend money on a single event which doesn’t have a lot of meaning""

Having a big tournament like YEC is not a burden if a good tournament organizer know how to get money from the sponsors, companies, fund from city, etc... It's not like Tarpishevs-like taking out the money from their own pockets. OTOH, tournament organizers would get a portion of money from sponsors and tickets sale. It's called " getting paid while doing your jobs". I'm sure the tournament directors in Singapore, Mexico or China don't spend their own money on the events either and instead gaining money from them.

Perhaps the main reason was Tarspichev couldn't find a a source of money? Umm, it would be hard to find a sponsor and getting money when you look down to one of the biggest events in your profession and appeared " grumpy" and bitter", perhaps?
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:11 AM   #6
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

How exactly is the Kremlin Cup strong either? None of the players that are already qualified for YEC are ever going to play there anymore.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:15 AM   #7
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Just as well, as they have terrible attendance at all Moscow tennis events. Shut it, Tarpi.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:43 AM   #8
country flag dany.p

dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of

Accidentally filed an application?

kremlin cup is a strong event?

so much delusion...
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:45 AM   #9
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:43 AM   #10
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

YEC is waste of money because it takes much of investment to organize it , but it's given to the one city just for a few years before the next rotation.

For those who believes that he told this only because we lost in this competition for YEC , he expressed the same opinion just after it was announced that Kazan was among applicants

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:47 AM   #11
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
YEC is waste of money because it takes much of investment to organize it , but it's given to the one city just for a few years before the next rotation.

For those who believes that he told this only because we lost in this competition for YEC , he expressed the same opinion just after it was announced that Kazan was among applicants
Of course he did!
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:54 AM   #12
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:12 AM   #13
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Ramoray View Post
Really? How actually to file an application by accident? I thingk his words sound a little sour grape-y.
It's easy, anyone can file filled application on behalf of any city from any country. There were a form on WTA site and you filled and send it to their mail, that's it
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:18 AM   #14
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

Classic. WTA will slowly die outside of slams. Cant even watch it anymore.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:26 AM   #15
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry too much about this. It's not going to do too much damage, if any.

But I'm still not impressed with the current management of the WTA. They aren't focussing on increasing the Tour's profile. I know there were criticisms of the previous management but they seemed to have been more successful in that regard.
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote