2013 Fed Cup News and Pictures - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:21 AM   #16
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Fed Cup News & Pics - USA Names Team That Have Never Contested Singles Rubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
No Madison??
Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
Madison may be an ALT...
I'm sure she'll be there as a practice partner, and besides, the rosters aren't locked until one hour before the draw, so if someone gets hurt before then, or even if Madison Keys outplays someone in practice, Mary Joe Fernandez can make a change.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:55 AM   #17
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Fed Cup News & Pics - USA Names Team That Have Never Contested Singles Rubbe

What else you gonna do for the US?

Venus just doesn't have the fitness to be relied on with her illness. Oudin and Glatch are blowing right now. King is not performing all that great either.

The tricky call is Lepchenko over Keys or McHale, but I can only assume MJF likes her for doubles over the other two. Keys is strong, but is also inconsistent. McHale has some experience, but her upside still isn't anywhere as up as the selected women.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:36 AM   #18
country flag obama08

obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light

You have to remember that the players have to make themselves available to play. So it may be the case that McHale opted against playing as others including Raymond may have done as well. MJF has to build the best team from the players that make themselves available.
obama08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:36 AM   #19
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

ugh to most of those nominations
randy72391 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:37 AM   #20
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

On clay, in Italy, raucous home crowd, experienced Italian doubles duo, both top 20 in singles ...Italy 3-0 or Italy 4-1
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:40 AM   #21
country flag Viennalover

Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
I'm really worried for Russian mugteam ))) Kirilenko, Pavluchekova, Makarova are more than enough to go through, but the way they can play in Fedcup .....any of them can flop vs Date-Krumm
At least they avoided to chose Petrova....
And I don't see Morita doing any assistant job so Russia likely to win 4-1 unless KDK's on fire!!
Viennalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:40 AM   #22
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Mary Joe has made some curious selections. Varvara over Christina or Madison? No Lisa Raymond for doubles? Matchups should go like this:

Singles Day 1
Vinci-ITA vs Stephens-USA Win for us.
Errani-ITA vs Lepchenko-USA No comment.

Doubles
Errani/Vinci-ITA vs Hampton/Huber-USA Italy wins. Just a guess on our team. We know Liezel will be in there.

Singles Day 2
Errani-ITA vs Stephens-USA Stephens eeks out a close one.
Vinci-ITA vs Hampton-USA Have no idea. Slight edge to Italy, I guess.

Unlike the Davis Cup, where Courier knows he has a point locked up before the tie begins because of the Bryans, Mary Joe has no assurances and therefore cannot play around with the rest of the matches like he can. If Venus and Serena backed out, that's unfortunate, but nothing you can do. However, I feel she's made some rather curious choices here.

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 08:32 AM   #23
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
Mary Joe has made some curious selections. Varvara over Christina or Madison? No Lisa Raymond for doubles? Matchups should go like this:

Singles Day 1
Vinci-ITA vs Stephens-USA Win for us.
Errani-ITA vs Lepchenko-USA No comment.

Doubles
Errani/Vinci-ITA vs Hampton/Huber-USA Italy wins. Just a guess on our team. We know Liezel will be in there.

Singles Day 2
Errani-ITA vs Stephens-USA Stephens eeks out a close one.
Vinci-ITA vs Hampton-USA Have no idea. Slight edge to Italy, I guess.

Unlike the Davis Cup, where Courier knows he has a point locked up before the tie begins because of the Bryans, Mary Joe has no assurances and therefore cannot play around with the rest of the matches like he can. If Venus and Serena backed out, that's unfortunate, but nothing you can do. However, I feel she's made some rather curious choices here.
Christina hasn't won a match since Montreal. Vavara had decent clay results last season and reached RG 4R. Keys hasn't shown a thing on clay as of yet.

Raymond (with Kirilenko) barely made it past the 1R of AO before losing to Barty/Dellacqua, and fielding a 4-person team with two doubles players would be a poor decision. God forbid someone gets injured.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:30 PM   #24
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Jo-La will go on a rampage for Sweden.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:37 PM   #25
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats My Jam View Post
Christina hasn't won a match since Montreal. Vavara had decent clay results last season and reached RG 4R. Keys hasn't shown a thing on clay as of yet.

Raymond (with Kirilenko) barely made it past the 1R of AO before losing to Barty/Dellacqua, and fielding a 4-person team with two doubles players would be a poor decision. God forbid someone gets injured.

Imo, with the team selections Mary Joe made, the tie comes down to Sloane's first match. If she can beat Vinci, we have a chance. If she doesn't, this could be over very quickly. Errani will crush whoever we put out there and, tbh, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Italy put out Burnett or Knapp in the 2nd singles rubber if Vinci beats Sloane. What would they have to lose? As someone said, they're both probably dead tired, so Errani could use the rest. Conversely, if Sloane can beat Vinci, I could see Mary Joe sending Jamie out there just for experience. I guess it's just a singles heavy team for me. As for previous results this year, this is another matter. Andy played poorly at times, but when we needed him, he always stepped up in Davis Cup, so it, imo, doesn't always translate.

EDIT: Did Isner do much on clay? Beat Roger and the French last year.

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:38 PM   #26
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats My Jam View Post
Christina hasn't won a match since Montreal.
She beat Parmentier this week in Paris.

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:04 PM   #27
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
Imo, with the team selections Mary Joe made, the tie comes down to Sloane's first match. If she can beat Vinci, we have a chance. If she doesn't, this could be over very quickly. Errani will crush whoever we put out there and, tbh, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Italy put out Burnett or Knapp in the 2nd singles rubber if Vinci beats Sloane. What would they have to lose? As someone said, they're both probably dead tired, so Errani could use the rest. Conversely, if Sloane can beat Vinci, I could see Mary Joe sending Jamie out there just for experience. I guess it's just a singles heavy team for me. As for previous results this year, this is another matter. Andy played poorly at times, but when we needed him, he always stepped up in Davis Cup, so it, imo, doesn't always translate.

EDIT: Did Isner do much on clay? Beat Roger and the French last year.
Andy & Isner's successes bears no relevance to McHale. They are steps ahead, with more experience, better results and successes and were the top ranked Americans at the time of selection. McHale is none of these things, and with some recent history of cracking under pressure I don't see an argument for her selection over Lepchenko, despite her first win of the season this week.

Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:07 AM   #28
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute

US has their work cut out for them without even one WS.

|||||||||||||||||||
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:37 AM   #29
country flag producer88

producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold

Sloane is on her favorite surface, clay, so she will probably beat Vinci, I will even go as far and say she'll beat Errani too.
producer88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:41 AM   #30
country flag #1SteffiGraf#1

#1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future

Wow, Croatia captain Iva Majoli... Awesome!
------------------------------------------------------------
Hingis Fan est. 1996
Pova Fan est. 2009
#1SteffiGraf#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote