What does CGS mean? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:24 PM   #46
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What does CGS mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
it's quite ridiculous to put together Wills , Lenglen and Seles . It wasn't possible for the first to win All4 , moreover term "Grand Slams" as well as 4 Grand Slam tournaments were officially recognized by ITF in 1925 , when Suzanne was almost retired and Wills didn't care about such a remote and just established as a Majore as AO ........
No, it is not ridiculous to put Wills, Lenglen and Seles together. I was listing several of the greatest players ever who don't have a career slam and those are the three foremost. I was making the point it is not THE defining factor of greatness, it's not that difficult to understand and every one else in this thread seems to have understood that point except for you in your blinding and pathetic insecurity.

The fact that AO wasn't recognised before 1925 actually DETRACTS from the importance of the career slam. You do realise that point you made was self-defeating. The concept of a perfect slam quartet doesn't got to the root of tennis history in the same way as say, for example, being a Wimbledon champion does. This is something that you have just drawn out of my post. I wasn't making that explicit point, you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I guess you didn't read the quote referenced in my post.
Yes I did, 1970 is in the Open Era.

Last edited by Olórin : Jan 31st, 2013 at 02:36 PM.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:28 PM   #47
country flag sweetpeas

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

VENUS ALSO HAS 13 DOUBLE SLAMS AND 1 MIX DOUBLE 4 GOLD MEDAL!!! sO OPEN ERA SERENA THEN VENUS!
sweetpeas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:34 PM   #48
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Azarenka, Li and Serena were in the draw of FO2012 , nobody among them was injured ...they simply lost in early rounds
that's your definition of a cakedraw, isn't it? (see also: azarenka AO 2013)

Beat is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:23 PM   #49
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
No, it is not ridiculous to put Wills, Lenglen and Seles together. I was listing several of the greatest players ever who don't have a career slam and those are the three foremost. I was making the point it is not THE defining factor of greatness, it's not that difficult to understand and every one else in this thread seems to have understood that point except for you in your blinding and pathetic insecurity.

The fact that AO wasn't recognised before 1925 actually DETRACTS from the importance of the career slam. You do realise that point you made was self-defeating. The concept of a perfect slam quartet doesn't got to the root of tennis history in the same way as say, for example, being a Wimbledon champion does. This is something that you have just drawn out of my post. I wasn't making that explicit point, you did.

Yes I did, 1970 is in the Open Era.

total BS, before 1925 there were no Grand Slam tournaments, only Wimbledon stood out as a major event .... Why should we degrade importance of "Grand Slam" , "Non -calendar Grand Slam" Career Grand Slam" just because a century ago when tennis was just forming as a global sport something was different?
Tennis hasn't been played at Slams on hardcourts by 1978 , so what? should we degrade USO and AO for being held on not natural surfaces?

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:28 PM   #50
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat View Post
that's your definition of a cakedraw, isn't it? (see also: azarenka AO 2013)
no, cakewalk is when you have no possibility to meat decent players , because
1) there are no decent players in you quarter/half of the draw
2) there are decent players in your quarter/half, but they got injured

If they lost in early rounds (not because of injury)- it means that their opponents were better in these matches and it doesn't downgrade toughness of draw

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote