Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2 - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 03:29 AM   #871
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2

And to be fair, we could have said the same thing after her loss to Li having mp. However she rebounded from that loss quickly.

Something feels eerily strange about this loss though, but that may be in due fact to the epicness and momentum shifts of the match. Luckily I missed the entire first set as I was in debating class but I was following the scores on my phone and I was impressed with how well she held serve the whole first set. She had just one bp on her serve and it was set point but she saved it. More impressive because she was winning barely any points on Sharapova's serve which always put the pressure back on her but she served tough.

Man, this is just one of those matches that will be talked about for a long time when at the same time it's a match you never ever want to think about again.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 04:09 AM   #872
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edinboro View Post
And to be fair, we could have said the same thing after her loss to Li having mp. However she rebounded from that loss quickly.

Something feels eerily strange about this loss though, but that may be in due fact to the epicness and momentum shifts of the match. Luckily I missed the entire first set as I was in debating class but I was following the scores on my phone and I was impressed with how well she held serve the whole first set. She had just one bp on her serve and it was set point but she saved it. More impressive because she was winning barely any points on Sharapova's serve which always put the pressure back on her but she served tough.

Man, this is just one of those matches that will be talked about for a long time when at the same time it's a match you never ever want to think about again.
I know it's haunting me the 6-5 game is hard to think about. I just want to move on, I can't imagine how she feels. I'm glad her sister was there, she seems to have a great relationship with her and that would have helped.

EDIT: It seems she's pulled out of doubles

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos

Last edited by Davodus : Apr 23rd, 2014 at 04:26 AM.
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 04:45 AM   #873
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

No surprise really. She looked devastated at the end and is probably not in the mood to deal with doubles. I only hope she can bounce back and make the semis at least in Estoril. But it's a tough field for an international.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 04:49 AM   #874
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No surprise really. She looked devastated at the end and is probably not in the mood to deal with doubles. I only hope she can bounce back and make the semis at least in Estoril. But it's a tough field for an international.
I think that's a problem though, it's kind of emotionally negative to let that overcome her and just run away from it. It would have been pretty proactive to play the doubles, but she would have to be really exhausted.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 05:20 AM   #875
country flag Edinboro

But looking back on that interview you posted a few days ago, she sounded as though she had been prepping hard for clay. Not the exact quote but "I'm playing consistent this year and losing only in close matches to top players but I know clay will be my win" or something to that effect. She probably knows she should have won this and might feel that her goal to do well on clay is going to result in a repeat of how the year has gone thus far.

Or, I am reading to much into this as I have been up a really long time. (6 hours before the match started) lol.

Lauren Davis!!

Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 07:46 AM   #876
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh by the way David I'm not sure if you saw the stat but apparently someone in GM said that this was the first three set tiebreaker WTA match since 2001. Crazy!
Quote:
Actually disregard that. The same poster just came out and said it was 2010 Serena/Dushevina which I should have known since I watched that match.
It was the first three set tiebreaker since 2010 but the first 7-6 6-7 7-6 in main draws since Quebec 2001 Shaughnessy d. Stevenson (via Kleine Biere).
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 11:01 AM   #877
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Sad to say I watched that whole match.... So, so, so depressing. Really that 6-5 game is what makes it so bad. She looked completely crushed after the match. Perhaps she will bounce back strong from this. But whereas the Li match I think made her believe, this will hurt her confidence. Like those two double faults after being 30-0 up. Ugh. I hope she recovers eel from this. Guess we'll see. Poor Lucie,

And I doubt she pulled out of doubles because she was upset. She wouldn't do that to her doubles partner.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 10:38 PM   #878
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

Maybe when the dust has settled she'll reflect on what was almost a remarkable comeback.

Yes she capitulated again in the pressure moment, but she must have been mentally fatigued toughing out from 5-1 down.

Lucie's fighting with her heart when behind, if only she could find a way of dealing with being in front in matches.
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 09:26 PM   #879
country flag GrecoIsMyBitch

GrecoIsMyBitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Beat Rybarikova in 3 sets today, after she had a 3-1 lead in the first, then lost it 4-6. Won other two 6-0, 6-0. She was pretty bad in the first set, error after error after error..Glad she found her game and rhytm after though.
GrecoIsMyBitch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 11:07 PM   #880
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Virtual double bagel! Well done, Lucie.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 11:18 PM   #881
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

Talk about extremes... all tiebreaks last week to a double bagel in Oeiras.

Impressed that she adapted so well after the first.

Possibly Hercog next, could be epic too.
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 11:20 PM   #882
country flag Edinboro

We can't give her enough credit for this win, honestly. You know, we talk a lot about how mentally weak she is, but at the same time it takes a strong player to come back the next week with a win like this. Goes to show she has moved on from that tough loss. A double bagel guys! Let's not underestimate this. So far this year, Safarova is number 29 out of the top 30 in winning bp's in matches. To score a double bagel after last week's catastrophe is really remarkable. I only saw the first set for I had to go to class, but I was following the scores and before I even got out of class she had already won. However, watching the first set, she was atrocious. But she often struggles with slices to her backhand so it was understandable, but my gosh, she was horrible from what I saw in the first set. I'm really hoping the full match gets posted on Youtube this evening.

By the way, I didn't see her coach during that first set. Is she playing solo this week?

Lauren Davis!!

Old Apr 28th, 2014, 11:47 PM   #883
country flag Edinboro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiSXGpJVLN8 Post match interview after her win over Rybarikova.

Lauren Davis!!

Old Apr 29th, 2014, 12:30 AM   #884
country flag Foals.

Not shocked at all by that BP conversion stat, only compensates by saving a fair few on her own serve.
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 12:56 AM   #885
country flag Davodus

Im gone at that scoreline that is all I can say