Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2 - Page 57 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 19th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #841
country flag ML1452

ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2

Lucie was amazing! Wonderful tennis in this second set :* I think she might have a good run in Stuttgart no matter what the draw will be ;p
ML1452 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:25 PM   #842
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic! Another top 20 win! She reminds me of my all time favorite Dementieva. She always plays well in Fed Cup. I wish she could.get the Czech Fed Cup coach to work with her.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #843
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Great 6-4 6-1 win against Errani, Lucie !

She is making me so happy this year. So solid and consistent on a high level

Kvitova beat Giorgi in straight sets, so Czech Republic leads now 2-0

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:38 PM   #844
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:12 PM   #845
country flag ML1452

ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light

Main Draw for Stuttgart is out... She has Sharapova in 1st round... Oh God why...
ML1452 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 07:44 PM   #846
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/175587.aspx

Quote:
19 April 2014

Czechs take charge in Ostrava

By Kirsten Webster

OSTRAVA, CZECH REPUBLIC: An electrifying start for Czech Republic gave them a commanding 2-0 lead over the defending Fed Cup by BNP Paribas champions Italy – even with a power cut at the Cez Arena in Ostrava delaying their progress.

Lucie Safarova and Petra Kvitova claimed the two points on the opening day of the semifinal with each of them winning in straight set matches.

The Czech captain, Petr Pala was incredibly pleased with the day’s work but says he is not counting on the overall victory just yet.

“It was a very good day for us but we have to look for another day like this tomorrow. Very proud of the girl’s performance they played really well and I’m really glad that it all went in two sets and in our favour”

“I know it’s going to be tough tomorrow so I am not going to be sleeping as well as you think,” he added.

Safarova got the first point on the board with a ruthless one hour and 11 minute performance over the Italian No. 1, Sara Errani 64 61.

The almost flawless Safarova gave the vocal home crowd every reason to cheer, bang drums and blow plastic horns after almost every point. The chair umpire, Alison Hughes even had to resort to some finger waving at repeat offenders to keep the match on track.

Safarova was far from disturbed by the noise. “It was a great match and I played so well, especially in the second set. The crowd is amazing and I love to play at home”.

The bubble of Safarova on court contrasted with a more reflective Errani who struggled to explain her lack-lustre showing.

“It was a very difficult match, especially on this surface. It’s not easy for me, but I tried to be a bit more aggressive but it was really difficult. We have to fight for a point and we will see,” Errani said.

Kvitova strolled on to the court shortly after Safarova had ignited the crowd and if it wasn’t for a freak storm which cut the power to the Arena, the match would have been over quicker than the one hour and 15 minutes it took to secure the point.

Kvitova was back to her best after a break from the tour – and just as well too. Her childhood coach, her dad, was watching from the stands with a keen eye.

“It's pressure every time my parents come, he was my coach until I was 16 so for him it’s pretty tough and for me it is not easy. I am just really glad my serve was great today and I played a good match,” Kvitova said.

The Italian captain, Corrado Barazzutti now has the job of motivating his team overnight and recover his own emotions.

“I don’t feel very well, but we have to recognise that the Czech players played really well. They played a great match and it was a difficult match. I am disappointed. But my players never give up and we have another day tomorrow and we are ready,” Barazzutti said.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:04 AM   #847
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova again

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 07:23 AM   #848
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

That Stuttgart first round

I want Lucie to win so bad, but i can see a Miami repeat happening

And great win against Errani, Czech team for the title

Titles 2014- Sharapova (STU-FO-MAD-BEI) Ivanovic (AUK-MOT-BIR-TOK) Kvitova (NH-WIM-WUH) Petkovic (CHA-BAD) Pennetta (IW) Venus (DUB) Keys (EAS) Kuznetsova (WDC) Wozniacki (IST) Cibulkova (ACA) Lisicki (HK) Makarova (PAT) Nara (RIO) Svitolina (BAK) Beck (LUX)

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2014, 11:11 AM   #849
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

http://translate.google.com/translat...-text=&act=url this is a really interesting article worth a read. She says some good stuff in here

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Apr 21st, 2014, 02:37 PM   #850
country flag rucolo

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/175600.aspx

Quote:
20 April 2014

Czechs back in Fed Cup Final

By Kirsten Webster

OSTRAVA, CZECH REPUBLIC: The Czech Republic has cruised into the final of the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas after Petra Kvitova gave them an unassailable 3-0 lead in the tie against the defending champion Italy.

Petra Kvitova ensured her nation will have a chance of winning its eighth Fed Cup crown despite a patchy display against the Italian veteran, Roberta Vinci. Italy’s captain Corrado Barazzutti replaced his number one player Sara Errani, who struggled with the pace of the court at times on the opening day.

Kvitova ground out the win 63 75 against a fired-up opponent who sensed an opportunity to bring Italy back in to the tie. Vinci traded heavy groundstrokes with the Czech who made 38 unforced errors. Spurred on by the colourful make-shift musical band in the stands though, Kvitova repeatedly dug herself out of trouble with her booming serve.

“It was an unbelievable atmosphere but it was a very tough match for me against Roberta who is a very different player to Camila [Giorgi]. She returned very well and my serve didn't help me as much as yesterday. It was difficult for me but I won the important points,” Kvitova said.

The Czech captain Petr Pala led his players to a dancing circle on the court before acknowledging the vocal home fans with a team bow. He said the victory gives his team the opportunity to relive great memories of their 2012 Fed Cup victory over Serbia.

“It feels great, you never have enough. Really looking forward. We have another home final and we still have memories from that final because it was a really great experience for all of us with a sold out crowd. We are really looking forward but now we want to enjoy this moment,” Pala said.

Vinci revealed Baruzzutti held a team-meeting on Saturday night to announce the switch. She admitted to being disappointed with the result but not her own performance.

“Of course I was really happy… I am happy about today. Of course we lost but I played a good game so I am really happy and focussed to try and do this for the next game in the tournament,” Vinci said.

The Czech pairing of Andrea Hlavackova and Klara Koukalova compounded the misery for the Italians beating Camila Giorgi and Karin Knapp in the dead doubles rubber.

Italian captain Corrado Barazzutti said the hard court surface made a big difference in the tie, with his players unable to cope with the pace against the Czech team.

“We are not of course happy because we lost 4-0 but anyway we tried hard, the players tried to play their best. We lost against the best team in the world. If I have to analyse the match, the Czech players played better. And we now wait for the next round.”

The Czech Republic will host Germany, semifinal conquerors of Australia, in the Fed Cup Final in November.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Apr 21st, 2014, 02:40 PM   #851
country flag rucolo

So happy Czech Republic won SF vs Italy !

What a disaster draw at Stuttgart. R1 vs Sharapova. Hate it

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Apr 21st, 2014, 06:38 PM   #852
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

I'm quite liking Lucie as a brunette!

Anyway a fantastic, high energy peformance in Fed Cup it seems; the Czechs at home are immense.

Very harsh draw for Stuttgart, especially as there are a couple of vs qualifier spots.

Oh well, if that fails at least she's entered in doubles.
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 03:05 PM   #853
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Good luck to Lucie tonight versus Sharapova. I am liking her chances, actually. She will be less rusty. Hopefully the week of preparation on hard won't work to her disadvantage though. That interview David shared shows that she feels very confident though, and it was interesting to hear her admit she has high expectations for this clay season. It'd be nice for Lucie to score a big upset finally.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 08:06 PM   #854
country flag Davodus

7-6 6-7 7-6...she fought so hard from 1-5 down in the third, saved 3 MPs, then served for the match at 6-5 30-0...pretty devastating again. This one is gonna hurt her...for weeks.

Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 08:07 PM   #855
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Those DFs when she served for it, then all the missed returns of serve in the tiebreak... she had so many chances. Maria was not in form, there was a big opportunity. Still, great effort to get from 1-5 to 6-5 30-0 up, saving MPs (how many?). So close.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote