Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2 - Page 55 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 11:06 PM   #811
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2

Sharapova beat Lucie 6-4 6-7 6-2

It was a great fight from Lucie, she saved MPs in Tiebreak of 2nd set. After she won the Tiebreak her coach came and said something like "See, this is the new Lucie, the old Lucie is gone". Probably he meant that Lucie won this important Tiebreak against a Top player. I think he`s really cool, I like him. And I think he has a positive influence on Lucie. No bad losses this year so far, only against Top players. Lucie is becoming consistent.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 29th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #812
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

Charleston draw is out. For once she gets an easy section. She's in the easiest quarter of the draw. Plays Larsson first round. Gorges or Razzano second round, and Stosur in the third round. Her QF opponent is supposed to be Lisicki. This will be a good indicator of where she's at mentally. She should really make the semis here.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 12:17 AM   #813
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if she SHOULD make the SF, she has a good record against Stosur on hard court but Stosur is much better on clay especially green clay so it's not a given, and a lot of people in her section are very capable of peaking for one day. But she certainly has a more favourable draw than she has had previously so it would be nice if she can take advantage of it and have a nice run

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #814
country flag sCoTt.ChE.

sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold

I agree, Stosur is a different proposition in Charleston; she's won the title before. Lucie does have the clear psychological edge though.

Lucie's struggled with Goerges before, but is in better form atm.
Shvedova is starting to get better as well...

I can't not see Lucie playing well in Charleston though.
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 12:51 PM   #815
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

I don't think a loss to Stosur would be bad here, but if she beats Sam/doesn't have to play her, she should definitely make the semifinals!

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 01:18 PM   #816
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

The form of her serve in R1 is gonna be a problem if that continues...she would lose to Razzano if she serves that poorly again.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 01:29 AM   #817
country flag Davodus

I have a feeling she is gonna lose to Stosur this time. Not sure, but her serving is just not good enough atm, she rushes Stosur a lot on the faster courts with her serve and then pummels the BH or opens it up to the FH fast...the fact Stosur has more time on the clay and Lucie isn't serving as well nullifies the advantage Lucie has imo

Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 01:36 AM   #818
country flag sCoTt.ChE.

sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold

It should be made illegal to follow Lucie on livescore, absolute torture.

I couldn't believe my eyes that she saved so many important points. Awesome fight from Lucie.

Stosur, it had to be.
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 01:40 AM   #819
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sCoTt.ChE. View Post
It should be made illegal to follow Lucie on livescore, absolute torture.

I couldn't believe my eyes that she saved so many important points. Awesome fight from Lucie.

Stosur, it had to be.
At least you didn't have to watch all of Razzano's antics

Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 02:08 AM   #820
country flag sCoTt.ChE.

True.

I do have some sympathy after what happened with her, but she seems to have an uncanny way of winding people up.
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 02:44 PM   #821
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie into Charleston R3 !

Nice to see that Lucie is winning the matches she should this season. A real improvement. Great that she beat dangerous Razzano, it was a very good fight back to win 2-6 6-4 6-4. I`m not used to it, very nice to see. Razzano won 104 total points, Lucie 98. That was mentally strong from Lucie, she made the important points. Nothing to lose in R3 vs #7 seed Stosur. Head To Head is 8-2 for Lucie, and she has won the last 5 matches. Still Stosur is the favourite in this R3 match, Lucie must improve if she wants to win.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 05:03 AM   #822
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone hasnt seen the ending to Safarova/Razzano watch this. You can see how flabbergasted Lucie was when Razzano laughed on the last match point. But, my favorite part of this video is the last five seconds. I have never seen Lucie celebrate a winning match like this before. She is so adorable in this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS07O1KfP6I You can see how much it meant to her to come from behind and win.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 10:03 AM   #823
country flag Davodus

^^ She's often pretty jovial and relaxed when she wins on outside courts, I've seen it a few times or followed her after a match when she's walking back and she's really upbeat by those kind of wins.

I have no idea what Razzano was doing when she burst out laughing when Lucie was about to serve, she should have got a time violation or a hindrance, but Lucie's reaction was great not everyone would have laughed.

Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 01:42 PM   #824
country flag Davodus

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...t-of-the-month

Time to do our duty and vote for Lucie

Old Apr 4th, 2014, 02:01 PM   #825
country flag rucolo

Lucie beat Stosur 3-6 6-4 6-4 !

Such a great win. Lucie was 0-2 in 3rd set, and then I went to bed. Actually she was down 1-3 in both the 2nd and 3rd set, but came back. So happy she fought so hard and still won this match. Lucie has become a completely new player this season, so strong mentally. Such a pleasant surprise. Head To Head against Stosur is now 9-2. Lucie is now into Charleston QF, so it`s a successful tournament no matter what happens now. Petkovic is playing well this week. The QF will for sure be an interesting match. Love both, may the better player win.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !