Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2 - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 12th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #736
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2

Thanks for sharing.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 12th, 2014, 08:51 PM   #737
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Aus Open

Quote:
[4] Na Li vs (Q) Konjuh
(Q) Bencic vs Date-Krumm
Vekic vs (Q) Hradecka
[26] Safarova vs Glushko
Lucie should at least reach R3. Do not fuck it up. Come on !

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 10:51 PM   #738
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the doubles victory over Errani and Vinci, well played Timea and Lucie, the two Italians are not easy to beat.

I think Lucie will get to R3. If the courts play very fast then Donna could be dangerous though. She likes it quick. Hradecka also likes it quick.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 08:49 AM   #739
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Found this, thought it was better to post here than in my AO thread

Quote:
MELBOURNE, Australia – It may be her ninth season on the WTA tour, but don’t call 26-year-old Lucie Safarova a veteran. A recent news article on the Czech star incorporated the term and, well, she wasn’t thrilled with the distinction. “I was like, ‘What!’ They called me a veteran!” she said, laughing. “In my translation, it is someone with a cane who cannot walk.” While she may not take kindly to the word, she certainly fits the bill. Safarova first picked up a racquet at three years old in an effort to emulate her older sister, Veronika. Her father Milan, a tennis coach, was more than happy to get her started, and it wasn’t long before the blonde, blue-eyed powerhouse was the best junior player in her native Czech Republic. As a teen, she started playing ITF junior tournaments where she quickly rose to top-10 status. Professional play was a foregone conclusion. Thanks to her position as the best female Czech player, the tennis association there provided financial support. In addition, she was hand picked by a high-powered Czech sports agent who helped her gain international visibility. “Without that [aid], unfortunately my family wouldn’t be able to finance me, and I would have probably never made it. My father was a coach, but everything is expensive.” Now Safarova has no trouble paying her own way. She has a sponsorship deal with Nike in addition to over $4 million in career earnings. She’s ended her singles season inside the top 50 seven of the last eight years, securing a career-high singes ranking of No. 17 in 2012. Currently ranked No. 27, Safarova insists she’s not in the game for the fame or the money. “I’m kind of shy, so I’m not like the person who wants the spotlight,” she said, confirming the fact with her soft-spoken tone. “I’m kind of going on my path silently. I’m not extravagant in any way.” Off-Court Publicity In 2011, Safarova made headlines for something other than tennis. She had a very public split from boyfriend and current top-10 player Tomas Berdych after an eight-year romance. “It was a first love which is always strong,” Safarova said. “I think we came to the point where it was just not going the right way and both of our personalities became different. It just happens. Our breakup was very normal. We didn’t have fights or anything.” While she admits the split was difficult, she acknowledges that it changed her perspective on her life and her career for the better. “I discovered more of myself which was great,” she explained. “Since I was 15, I was sharing everything with a person and suddenly I was there alone. At the beginning it was frightening, but it was good to also know what I like for myself and what I like to do.” Post-breakup, a renewed focus on her tennis led to the best singles season of her career in 2012. Now Safarova, a self-described “relationship person,” is dating American coach Troy Hahn. They spent plenty of time together in the offseason, even taking a couples’ vacation to Costa Rica with Safarova’s childhood friend Andrea Hlavackova and her boyfriend. According to Safarova, the foursome engaged in some “very serious” games of beach volleyball while they were there. Though she enjoys being active in her free time, she doesn’t rule out the occasional relaxing activity. Safarova giggled as she recounted a recent scene at the theater after seeing the movie Out of the Furnace with Hahn. The extreme violence in the film left her feeling terribly depressed, so, like any good boyfriend, Hahn immediately neutralized the situation by taking her to see – what else? – Frozen. “That’s definitely one of my favorite [movies] right now,” she said with a smile. Doubles Success Safarova’s recent doubles success is worth a look. She reached a career-high ranking of No. 17 in 2013 after reaching the quarterfinals of the Australian Open and the French Open with Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. Not bad for her first full season of doubles play on tour. Safarova kicked off 2014 with a doubles title in Sydney, teaming up with Timea Babos for the first time. Though she admits the pressure on the pro tennis circuit can suck the fun out of the game, doubles has helped her keep things in perspective. “Singles is the priority, but I really enjoy doubles,” she said. “Especially with the team spirit because tennis is such an individual sport. Tennis you’re alone on the court and suddenly there is someone else there! I like the interaction.” She credits at least a fraction of her doubles prowess to the fact that it was a requirement for junior players in the Czech Republic. Players’ doubles rankings would contribute to their overall ranking, which forced her to build a doubles skill set at a young age. Now she’s attracting some of the best partners on the circuit. At the Australian Open, she’ll team with her vacation companion and two-time Grand Slam doubles champion, Hlavackova. The newly minted duo won’t have to worry about communication or chemistry in Melbourne – they’ve been friends since age nine. What's Next for Lucie? Safarova is currently working with Canadian coach Rob Steckley in hopes of making a continuing impact on both the singles and doubles court. She got off to a good start by reaching the singles quarterfinal in Sydney, beating Caroline Wozniacki along the way. She’ll face Julia Glushko in the Australian Open first round. Even with a few good wins here and there, Safarova knows how challenging it is to make the leap into the top 15 and beyond. “The tennis season is so long, and you have to keep your performance at such a high level,” she said. “It’s very important to stay healthy to stay focused and to work hard, obviously. I feel good, though. I’m happy with what we are doing.” Without a Grand Slam title or a top 10 ranking to her name, it may be tempting to mindlessly toss Safarova to the seemingly never-ending pile of “ovas” on the WTA Tour. But one look at her booming serve and penetrating groundstrokes, and it’s clear this sweet, quiet “veteran” has the tools to do damage at the highest level. Fans who familiarize themselves with Safarova’s game now will save themselves time if and when she becomes a household name.
http://www.tennisnow.com/News/Featur...-the-Next.aspx

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:33 AM   #740
country flag SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future

I hope Lucie has a good year, and gives you guys thing to cheer about.

Remember their will be bad losses and good wins. Never give up hope for her or let your fandom wane.

Have a nice year.
SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 04:21 AM   #741
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry, I've been a fan since 2005/2006, I've been through the lot

I think the signs in Sydney and Melbourne were good for a good year in singles and doubles...we'll see.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 01:57 PM   #742
country flag Davodus

Seems like the shoulder injury which was clearly bothering her a lot in the doubles QF in Melbourne was quite bad...judging by her FB post she hasn't even really played since. Hopefully she's ok Don't want a long term shoulder problem. I know her coach has a bit of a habit of getting with people who end up quite injured.

Old Feb 4th, 2014, 09:22 PM   #743
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/167190.aspx

Quote:
SPAIN v CZECH REPUBLIC
Venue: Centro de Tenis Blas Infante, Seville (clay – outdoors)

Czech Republic
Petra Kvitova
Lucie Safarova
Klara Zakopalova
Andrea Hlavackova
Captain: Petr Pala

Spain
Carla Suarez Navarro
Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor
Silvia Soler-Espinosa
Lara Arruabarrena
Captain: Conchita Martinez

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 12:10 AM   #744
country flag Davodus

Happy Birthday to Lucie!

Old Feb 5th, 2014, 02:28 AM   #745
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday! 27, dare we call her a veteran now?

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Old Feb 5th, 2014, 01:52 PM   #746
country flag Davodus

Better not she doesn't like that word

She is sick once again though, in doubt for the tie this weekend

Old Feb 5th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #747
country flag Edinboro

She's always sick.

Lauren Davis!!

Old Feb 5th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #748
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

It's bizarre to think Lucie's inclusion in the Czech team is equally as justified in doubles as singles.

Potentially singles and doubles... if she wasn't unwell. Maybe she'll just play doubles if needs be.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 09:33 PM   #749
country flag rucolo

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/168960.aspx

Quote:
05 February 2014

Safarova confident Czechs can find their feet on clay

Chilly and wet conditions in Seville may yet throw a spanner in Czech Republic’s bid to reach the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas semifinals for a sixth straight year, but one thing that won’t knock the seven-time champion off its stride during this weekend’s first round clash with Spain is the surface. Or so says Lucie Safarova.

Czech Republic hasn’t won a Fed Cup tie on clay in almost seven years. And that, coupled with the fact that Spanish teams are renowned for their prowess on clay, suggests this weekend’s clash could be quite a test for Petr Pala’s team. But world No. 28 Safarova is looking forward to proving her worth on the surface.

“I grew up on clay,” said Safarova. “In Czech Republic we always used to practice on clay so it’s one of my favourite surfaces. Obviously I do also like hard court, and with clay you have to get used to it and it’s a little different, but I do like it.

“For sure it’s going to be a tough tie but I think that our team is very strong. As we have shown in the past we like to play Fed Cup and we are a good team so I think we have a good chance.”

The Czechs last victory on clay came against Slovak Republic in a World Group II clash all the way back in 2007. Should the visitors record a long-awaited win on the surface this weekend, Pala’s team faces the possibility of a repeat of last year’s semifinal against defending champion Italy, who brought an end to Czech hopes of a third straight title with a narrow 3-1 triumph in the last four in Palermo last year.

Czech expectations for the 2014 competition are high, with hopes of another spot in the final again this year. But in spite of last year’s disappointment, Safarova admitted her nation can be very happy with its performance in Fed Cup in recent years.

“We were semis, semis, winning, winning, semis again in the last five years, so I think overall we are doing amazing,” said Safarova. “It’s just not happening every year to get the trophy. Last year, to play Italy on clay in their conditions was really hard. They were really close matches and really high level tennis from both teams and it just didn’t go our way, but I think we can be happy with our results.”

They may be on the road for the second successive tie, but the Czechs can expect plenty of encouragement from back home.

“Fed Cup is really big in our country,” Safarova said. “We have really good support. People come to watch Fed Cups, especially when he had the final in Prague when we had like 14,000 people – the crowd was amazing. That’s the best that an athlete can get to be appreciated and be supported from their fans.”

And is there a rivalry between the Czech Davis and Fed Cup teams now both have won two titles in the last three years?

“We kind of joke about it,” smiled Safarova. “We say – ‘now you are even with us’! Winning the Davis Cup two times is amazing – I think it just shows that our tennis is really very strong. I just hope the next generations will follow.”
And happy birthday from me too !

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 11:07 AM   #750
country flag Davodus

Lucie not in singles, just in doubles. So the sickness must have got her...maybe we will see her sub in on Sunday against CSN