Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2 - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 29th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #616
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2

Well done, Lucie. Head To Head vs Stosur now 8-2 !

And 4-0 this year. Kanepi next, a very talented player. Good luck

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 30th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #617
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert-KimClijst View Post
Let's go Lucie! Keep up the good form. There are lots of points to be won here too, which would be really good for Australia. She's 34th in the race right now (33 really with Bartoli gone), so a couple more good results and she's seeded for the Australian Open. Not that a seed means much for Lucie at a slam, but still.
It doesn't but it just means no top player in the first couple of rounds...and since I go to AO it would really be good for me if she could get seeded so I don't have to worry about her getting Serena R1 and being on a ticketed court

With that win she's up to 32 in the rankings if no one below her has a good week and passes her. The good thing for her seeding chances are that next year she defends nothing in the first week, whereas a few people around her like Pavs, Kookie, Barthel are defending finals or SFs. So she defs has a good shot of being seeded

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #618
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Updated scores in the livescores thread for anyone who wants to see how it went, but I'll give a lowdown now...

The first 6 games of the match she was really flat and not playing great, but she held tough...saved 6 BPs in those games, then she got solid and started to flow better and opened up to win that set 6-3.

2nd set she went up an early break but lost serve right back, but then quickly got herself back together which was good. The main reason she won was because she was willing to be much tougher than Kanepi...she fought hard every point to get as many shots back as she could and she won a lot of those points. Not often a strong defence wins her a match but it did today for sure. It shows the turnaround in her mentality that she can do that again now, even a month ago we would not have seen this from her at all. Another 140 points to the ranking also doesn't hurt

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #619
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie! At least one of my faves did well today. I hope I'll be able to watch her play at least once this week.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #620
country flag Vikkiri.

Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of

Lucie is so perfect at the moment, it's amazing.
Vikkiri. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #621
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Amazing what she has accomplished mentally in a month. These are matches she just wasn't winning earlier. The good form is so refreshing to see. Kuznetsova or Petkovic next, so tough match either way. (3-3 H2H against Sveta, 1-3 against Petkovic with Petko winning their last three in close two-set matches).

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #622
country flag SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future

Keep going!
SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 02:49 AM   #623
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert-KimClijst View Post
Amazing what she has accomplished mentally in a month. These are matches she just wasn't winning earlier. The good form is so refreshing to see. Kuznetsova or Petkovic next, so tough match either way. (3-3 H2H against Sveta, 1-3 against Petkovic with Petko winning their last three in close two-set matches).
She has lost twice to Petkovic in Beijing as well

It really is great that she's had this turn around mentally...it's saved her ranking because she'll be in seeding range at this stage for AO after this event. I was looking at her ranking and from USO on she's so far added 745 points which is close to half of the points she actually has on her ranking, so it gives her a chance to jump up even more in the rankings next year in the first half of the year with a couple of good results when she isn't really defending much.

Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 02:38 PM   #624
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Very good win against Kanepi, Lucie !

Petkovic next who beat Azarenka and Kuznetsova. May the better win

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 09:01 AM   #625
country flag Davodus

She won 6-4 6-7 7-6 my nerves are shot...

She wasted SO many chances, like 6-4 *2-1 40-0 and got broken then went down 2-4 and came back to 4-4, before losing the TB from 4-3 up...

Then went down a break *1-0 in the 3rd, broke right back from 40-15 down. Had 3 MPs at 5-4* with 15-40 and AD, then missed a sitter smash at deuce...but rebounded for 2 good service holds and a super solid TB amazing fight and her mentality has just completely turned around!

Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM   #626
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
She won 6-4 6-7 7-6 my nerves are shot...

She wasted SO many chances, like 6-4 *2-1 40-0 and got broken then went down 2-4 and came back to 4-4, before losing the TB from 4-3 up...

Then went down a break *1-0 in the 3rd, broke right back from 40-15 down. Had 3 MPs at 5-4* with 15-40 and AD, then missed a sitter smash at deuce...but rebounded for 2 good service holds and a super solid TB amazing fight and her mentality has just completely turned around!
She was still tight on mps, passive play and only spun her serve in the box, but other than that, she really held her nerve in her service game

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

~~Nicole~~Nastya~~Lena D~~
jasonbloom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 10:03 AM   #627
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbloom View Post
She finally wins a title I become optimistic to her Asia season now and she has chance to win Luxembourg or/ and Sofia
Finally I am right once She's really playing great in the Fall season

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

~~Nicole~~Nastya~~Lena D~~
jasonbloom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 10:09 AM   #628
country flag Davodus

Im shocked because I would say this is almost the best few weeks of her entire career...she has had a lot of great weeks, and the Rome/Madrid of 2010 run was good...but she's hardly ever maintained such results over 3 straight weeks of playing. Going into Quebec ranked 48 I thought she had no chance of being seeded at AO, and now her ranking looks set to move to 28 with nothing left to defend until the AO.

Really amazed by this turnaround...maybe we can lay off her coach now he was pretty into it today, he jumped up and fistpumped when she smacked that BH down the line to bring up her first MP

Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 01:08 PM   #629
country flag SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future

What a fight from the GOAT.
SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 05:27 PM   #630
country flag rucolo

Lucie into Beijing QF !

Quote:
Safarova is now 11-1 since the US Open, winning her fifth WTA title at Québec City (5-0), reaching the quarterfinals of Tokyo before falling to Caroline Wozniacki (3-1) and now the quarters here (3-0).
Winning MM Quebec City title really changed Lucie completely

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !