Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2 - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 10:09 AM   #331
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Czech team is doing the same when Lucie wins a point, it's Fed Cup with team spirit and crazy cheering, we're not in Israel where fans is really disrespectful
No they aren't, not on DFs. I heard Errani screaming Forza on a Lucie DF, and it's not in the spirit of tennis to do that. For me that's disrespectful.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 10:12 AM   #332
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
No they aren't, not on DFs. I heard Errani screaming Forza on a Lucie DF, and it's not in the spirit of tennis to do that. For me that's disrespectful.
Yes they are, it was plenty of moments where Vinci hit silly UE and whole team was screaming pojd. I see no disrespect here

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 10:13 AM   #333
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Ok good for you, I'm yet to see the Czech team act like that on DFs, and I'll continue thinking that's disrespectful.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 11:52 AM   #334
country flag Davodus

Such a disappointing loss she fought so hard, as hard as I've ever seen her fight. None of the luck was with her, nothing was with her but she kept fighting. She just let it get away from her at the start of the 2nd set, she had momentum and if she'd got an early break she really could've run away with it, but she made some untimely mistakes. She played generally well though...the only thing is she lost 2 matches and this one was very emotional. She's gonna have a hard time to play well in Stuttgart against someone going through the opposite.

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 02:43 PM   #335
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
Such a disappointing loss she fought so hard, as hard as I've ever seen her fight. None of the luck was with her, nothing was with her but she kept fighting. She just let it get away from her at the start of the 2nd set, she had momentum and if she'd got an early break she really could've run away with it, but she made some untimely mistakes. She played generally well though...the only thing is she lost 2 matches and this one was very emotional. She's gonna have a hard time to play well in Stuttgart against someone going through the opposite.
Thanks for the summary, I couldn't watch the streaming this morning so I spent sometime on the scoreboard

I watched Katowice final and was amazed at how Vinci had improved in her game, in every department. I would comfortably put her into top 10 player on clay, if not higher. so I'm not disappointed at the scoreline that much

As always we could argue the luck was not with her (actually it was in the 1st round against Stosur), but we can't count on that all the time. If for some reason luck is taken away, it will be one of the most important traits that matters, which, I believe, is honestly reflected by their ranking positions

Just like from Kvitova, I definitely see the sign of optimism after dismal day one, no matter how dim it might turn out to be in the clay season
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 03:16 PM   #336
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Ultimately really not that bad of a loss. She fought hard, and Vinci is a very respectable clay courter. But no doubt that will leave her down for a while. I can't imagine a good tournament at Stuggart this week...

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 03:33 PM   #337
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie

Oh God I hate Vinci. Lucie is a much better player. But has no brain. No consistency. But I`m not disappointed because I expected a headcase performance and a loss. Vinci is only solid. That`s all. Many players are not used to her slice and are clueless what to do. And she has a pretty good serve.

Best of luck in Stuttgart now. Can`t see her beating Barthel

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:01 PM   #338
country flag Davodus

She wasn't really brainless or inconsistent today though, Vinci was playing really well and Lucie had the right gameplan just didnt execute the killing shot enough...there were so many long rallies and you could see that on a faster hardcourt Lucie would be way too much for Vinci to handle, even on fast clay...the slowness of this clay played perfectly into the Italian's gameplan which is obviously the idea..but I still think if Lucie had got an early break in the third she would've won, she was fighting well. I do wish she would've used more rotations on her FHCC, she was hitting them too much in the middle, whenever Vinci was pushed back into the corner deep she would have to hit the BH up and it set up a short ball...oh well...maybe she'll surprise us at Stuttgart

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:10 PM   #339
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Really proud of Lucie, it was very close.

On a fast indoor hard this would have been easy peasy like in Montreal. Italians made the most of their chosen surface. I find their game quite boring with Errani's topspin moonballs and Vinci's BH slices that slow down the pace of each point - did she hit at least one topspin BH during the match? Lots of good dropshots though which drove Lucie crazy. Vinci also hit 8 aces, while Lucie just 1.

I hope she reaches at least one 4th round in any of the next three slams.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 08:31 PM   #340
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, on fast indoor hard court, Lucie would have won imo.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 06:10 AM   #341
country flag Davodus

Lucie and Pavs doubles is today so annoying I mean she would've only arrived late last night. At least it's just doubles and fun time on court with Pavs might help her mentally, but still they could've given her a day off.

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 01:11 PM   #342
country flag Davodus

Lost 6-4 7-6 Jurak and Marosi ultimate Journeywomen But Pavs was awful, her volleying was embarrassing. Lucie was flat but not thaaat bad, the flatness was expected.

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 03:16 PM   #343
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

I would understand if she wd from the doubles considering she needs time to recuperate from the Fed Cup loss, mostly mentally

I'm glad I didn't watch the match especially since you mentioned Pavs was a mess, I don't know what my reaction could have been seeing that
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 03:17 PM   #344
country flag TimeyWimey

Lucie's playing Barthel 2nd match tomorrow starting 12 noon, after Wozniacki/Navarro
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 05:54 PM   #345
country flag sCoTt.ChE.

sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold

I totally forgot Stuttgart was this week, I thought for some reason it was next week after the turnaround of the Fed Cup.

Anyway, the Stuttgart draw is always stacked so no complaints about the draw. Barthel has been very good on fast courts this year but is very streaky, just like Lucie I guess.

The doubles loss is pretty embarrassing but then again Anastasia has been a complete mess outside of Monterrey (even there as well).