Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2 - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #166
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2

yeh, she seems very rusty this year, like a player just back from a long break
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #167
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

But it's more than that. This hasn't been going all season, this has been going on for six months now, and no signs at all of improvement. She's pretty much going to lose all 1900 of her points within the next five and a half months which brings me to something else. Anyone know how many points she has accumulated since last September? About 300? That's really bad to gain such a small amount in a long time period. Her ranking will really suffer this summer if she doesn't get her shit together. The one good thing about all of this is that we are almost entering clay season, and if there was anytime I would expect Lucie to pull out of a slump, it would be on clay where she's usually at her best. One or two amazing wins could really turn this around for her..

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #168
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edinboro View Post
But it's more than that. This hasn't been going all season, this has been going on for six months now, and no signs at all of improvement. She's pretty much going to lose all 1900 of her points within the next five and a half months which brings me to something else. Anyone know how many points she has accumulated since last September? About 300? That's really bad to gain such a small amount in a long time period. Her ranking will really suffer this summer if she doesn't get her shit together. The one good thing about all of this is that we are almost entering clay season, and if there was anytime I would expect Lucie to pull out of a slump, it would be on clay where she's usually at her best. One or two amazing wins could really turn this around for her..
yeh, i didn't do the math but i know it's pretty scary, her confidence is mysteriously low

she usually has better timing/rhythm on clay, and seems to predict well, we will see in charleston before the czech plays italy on palermo clay
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 01:38 AM   #169
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

I think Biljana was/is good for her in terms of her fitness and strategy, but not in terms of mentality. I think she makes Lucie think too much about technical things in her game and it makes her actually play them worse, and I think the serve is the best example of that. I'll leave my comments on the coaching situation to that for now, but if she finds another coach I won't be disappointed

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #170
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I definitely agree with you on fitness. I noticed that last year on one of the streams just how buff she was. She really improved her fitness. Her serve has been questionable as well. It seems a lot slower lately but I thought that had something to do with her injury?

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 01:48 AM   #171
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure, her 2nd serve has been a problem for a while, she's very tentative on it. I dunno, and I don't think we'll ever know what's happened properly...but something is definitely not quite right

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 04:44 AM   #172
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Wait wait wait, why is Biljana coaching Petrova right now? Did I miss something big???

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 05:04 AM   #173
country flag Davodus

Read back something has happened, and the fact that Biljana is still there coaching Nadia when I assume Lucie has gone to Miami...I mean maybe she hasn't but even so, leads me to believe that they aren't working together. And If I'm really honest, I think that's fair enough. She's a singles player in the top 20 (not for much longer but at the start of the year she was) and it's really fair that she would not expect to have to share her coach. Biljana agreeing to work also with Srebotnik is in my opinion unfair. Just my opinion though, and it seems that maybe it started the end of their agreement.

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 05:30 AM   #174
country flag Edinboro

That may explain why she's been playing so badly. I'm afraid to even make a list of all the players she's lost to in the past six months lol.

Lauren Davis!!

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #175

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Thanks David. Apparently Lucie is still in Indian Wells practicing according to Matt Cronin on Twitter. So perhaps Biljana is just helping Nadia out since she's coachless? Regardless, it's a bit strange. Especially since I've never heard of Lucie and Nadia as friends.

Thank You, Kim
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #176
country flag Davodus

She'd be helping Nadia because of Srebotnik, but that's what I don't get because Nadia has a coach...he's been with her all year. So I really have no clue what's happening.

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #177
country flag Davodus

https://twitter.com/youpaynow/status/312358123966967808

she is still in IW and she has her thigh strapped now by the look of it another thing to add to the list

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #178
country flag Edinboro

That's not good.

Lauren Davis!!

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #179

I don't understand why she hasn't gone to Miami yet. She should get used to the conditions there. Not happy to see her thigh not looking good!

Thank You, Kim
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #180
country flag Edinboro

Probably cause she plans on bombing out early there too. :/

Lauren Davis!!