Top 10 Fastest Serves of All Time (Venus,Serena,Ana,Na,4 Germans) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #16
country flag Gilas.

Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Top 10 Fastest Serves of All Time (Venus,Serena,Ana,Na,4 Germans)

Aren't the RG speed guns crap? I mean I love Na but there's no way she served that fast
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #17
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

I think we can take these figures with a pinch of salt to be honest. The radar gun really isn't that accurate and does throw up a few anomalous readings. I remember a Baltacha serve reading 138mph at Wimbledon 3 years ago and an Henin 2nd serve clocking in at over 130 somewhere. In both cases the readings were so absurd that nobody was jumping up and down claiming a new record. But it does illustrate that the technology is not reliable enough to base bona fide records upon.

They use the same piece of kit to measure the pace of bowlers in cricket and it throws up some equally strange readings there from time to time as well.
bobito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #18
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutiana View Post
The French Open speed guns are a mess, so it's no surprise all these strange scores are from RG.

The list is complete crap anyway. Venus and Brenda have hit 130, Serena 129 in Charleston 08 and so on.
Exactly. No way did Li serve a 123mph serve.

Didn't Venus hit 130 in Zurich '08? That was strangely never documented by the WTA. And I'm assuming that Lisicki's 206kph serve from Bali was a freak speed gun error.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #19
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

RG balls are bit smaller and lighter IIRC
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #20
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

fastest serves of all time and yet not a single serve before 2007 makes the list......the comparison is certainly flawed......players have access to better rackets these days.......

GOAT comparison is again legit because there we are comparing the fields and achievements of players in relation to the fields, not the speed of groundstrokes or the spin oon the ball or the bend of the forehands or backhands......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #21
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilas. View Post
Aren't the RG speed guns crap? I mean I love Na but there's no way she served that fast

Goerges stats from RG 2012

Goerges vs Hradecka

fastest 1st serve 202 km/h
avarage 1st serve 171 km/h
average 2nd serve 138 km/h

Goerges vs Watson
fastest 1st serve 183 km/h
average 1st serve 173 km/h
average 2nd serve 124 km/h

Goerges vs Rus
fastest 1st serve 182 km/h
average 1st serve 172 km/h
average 2nd serve 133 km/h

So it looks like this 202 km/h was a unique serve , which was more than 20 km/h faster than any other her serve at that tournament.....

Most probably a mistake of radar

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #22
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Na? She barely hits a 170 kmh now! I watched a bit of Malek at the HC, but I seriously don't remeber her hitting serves that fast

Petrova has a great first serve too, but probably not fast enough for the top 10 of all time

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #23
country flag Chaosm21

Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of

It`s really funny , the WTA only accepts serves from some courts and the speed guns on these courts do not even work perfectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
She's been a top 10 player for 2 years now. We're way past the "beginning". She's never going to be inside the top 5. Getting to #5 was as close as she'll ever get.
Chaosm21 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #24
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

The Goerges, Na and Malek ones are clearly wrong.
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #25
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Sprem used to be able to hit 122/3 MPH, I believe.
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #26
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Kinda random list, Where's Nadia? She easily hits 200kph
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #27
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Goerges stats from RG 2012

Goerges vs Hradecka

fastest 1st serve 202 km/h
avarage 1st serve 171 km/h
average 2nd serve 138 km/h

Goerges vs Watson
fastest 1st serve 183 km/h
average 1st serve 173 km/h
average 2nd serve 124 km/h

Goerges vs Rus
fastest 1st serve 182 km/h
average 1st serve 172 km/h
average 2nd serve 133 km/h

So it looks like this 202 km/h was a unique serve , which was more than 20 km/h faster than any other her serve at that tournament.....

Most probably a mistake of radar
Some crooked logic going on in this thread.

FASTEST speed has nothing to do with whether it's "unique" or not. That's more relevant to the AVERAGE speed of a server.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #28
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Some crooked logic going on in this thread.

FASTEST speed has nothing to do with whether it's "unique" or not. That's more relevant to the AVERAGE speed of a server.

No , if for instance Serena serves in the range 110-124 mph on regular basis , i can believe she can hit 129 mph , but if for instance Li Na can barely hit 110 mph serve (her fastest speed at AO was 108 mph), i won't believe in her potential to hit 120+ serves

in Goerges case , it's ridiculous that a player whose top speed at Wimbledon 112mph , AO 114mph, and the whole year never exceeded 120mph hit at FO that uniques serve 126.1 and didn't hit any other serve at RG even close to 120 mph

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #29
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
The Goerges, Na and Malek ones are clearly wrong.
anyway they are in the record books
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SHILIN-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts valac222
SAISAI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #30
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
No , if for instance Serena serves in the range 110-124 mph on regular basis , i can believe she can hit 129 mph , but if for instance Li Na can barely hit 110 mph serve (her fastest speed at AO was 108 mph), i won't believe in her potential to hit 120+ serves

in Goerges case , it's ridiculous that a player whose top speed at Wimbledon 112mph , AO 114mph, and the whole year never exceeded 120mph hit at FO that uniques serve 126.1 and didn't hit any other serve at RG even close to 120 mph
Really?
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote