Jadin Bell, 15, commits suicide due to anti-gay bullying. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #1
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of
Jadin Bell, 15, commits suicide due to anti-gay bullying.

We've lost another one gays. Please, please, please, do your part to save lives by participating with http://www.thetrevorproject.org/

Or just work with a youth group in your community. Make sure your local school has a gay straight alliance. Do something. Be out. Be counted. Make a difference.

Targeted by bullies, teen hangs himself in schoolyard
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/T...?tab=video&c=y

After KATU's coverage of a cluster of seven teen suicides in the town of Battle Ground, the discussion about suicide has branched out to deal with the issue in communities across the area.

In the town of La Grande, Ore. two children in the last three months were intent on ending their own lives. A 16-year-old girl killed herself in October and now there’s a 15-year-old boy who is not expected to live after hanging himself.

His family said he was the target of bullying.

Through Skype on Monday, Bud Hill shared what he admires about Jadin Bell, the son of a family friend who is so close that Hill considers Jadin his nephew.

"If someone was down and out he would walk into a room and say a couple quick words and everybody would just forget about their problems and smile. He just had a gift," Hill said.

Dozens of people came together last week in La Grande in a vigil for Jadin, trying to understand what drove him to despair nine days ago.

He came to the playground of Central Elementary School in La Grande. He climbed on a play structure and hanged himself. Someone passing by tried to rescue him. He was brought to Portland and Doernbecher Children's Hospital where he was put on life support.

Hill says Jadin was pushed to suicide after being bullied in person and on the Internet for being gay.

"He was different, and they tend to pick on the different ones," Hill said.

Hill says Jadin asked his parents to home school him. He feared turning in the bullies would make things worse. But he had found the courage, recently.

The school district says it was in the process of investigating when Jadin tried to end his life. At Doernbecher, doctors detected little brain activity and Jadin was removed from life support over the weekend.

His family is by his side.

"It's tough enough to deal with what you know is coming up, but the waiting is not good," Hill said.

The superintendent in La Grande says everyone there is heartbroken. He's asked a mental health agency to look at how the school deals with these issues to see if there’s a better way to handle it.

Hill is vowing to start a new organization in Jadin's honor to tackle these issues.

It was a KATU On Your Side Investigation into the two most recent suicides in Battle Ground that sparked this local conversation about teen suicide.

Last edited by Flavia P. : Jan 30th, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
Flavia P. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 08:13 AM   #2
country flag Miranda

Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jadin Bell, 15, commits suicide due to anti-gay bullying.

poor boy, lets wish for a miracle and that he gonna lives

shame on those bullies, may the guilt follows and haunts them for lives

Ennis and Jack found something most people don't ever find in this life...true love, the deepest, purest, most beautiful thing in the universes. Ennis and Jack have TRUE LOVE. They are SOULMATES. They have a love so deep, so pure, so strong, that it transcends everything, it's eternal.
Miranda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:20 AM   #3
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute

This is so awful. It seems like every other week a kid is committing suicide because of bullying. Just terrible.
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:20 AM   #4
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute

This is so awful. It seems like every other week a kid is committing suicide because of bullying. Just terrible.
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:52 PM   #5
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Poor fellow .

I admit in cases like this it's a little too easy sometimes to look at this from the outside and think "he didn't have to kill himself", which is true, but if the bullying's bad enough it can take over one's whole life and really warp their perspective.

I just wish the bullies would realize the potential damage they're doing.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:55 PM   #6
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh imagine how someone has to feel inside in order to think suicide is the best option. So sad.

RIP.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:57 PM   #7
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
Poor fellow .

I admit in cases like this it's a little too easy sometimes to look at this from the outside and think "he didn't have to kill himself", which is true, but if the bullying's bad enough it can take over one's whole life and really warp their perspective.

I just wish the bullies would realize the potential damage they're doing.
Especially with teenagers. I mean teenagers are emotional, erratic and extremely insecure as it is. Something like severe bullying most definitely CAN lead a teen to commit suicide. I just wish people knew this so bullies would think twice about picking on some poor kid.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:07 PM   #8
country flag McPie
Flip the Bird

McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute

someone really needs to stand for this.

The McFanPage | The McTrans Page | The McTwit | The McThread 4 | The McList on IMDb | The McTumblr | The McStagram
Proud Older Stepsister of Natasha Nicole, TF Transgender Female Lesbian Duo
McPie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:03 PM   #9
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Sickening. RIP.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 08:07 PM   #10
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if all these news about suicides makes people realize that committing suicide is a "common" thing...

Quote:
He came to the playground of Central Elementary School in La Grande. He climbed on a play structure and hanged himself. Someone passing by tried to rescue him.
Seeking attention much?

That's the effect of coming out in highschool...

Maybe the schools should start educating kids bout homosexuality. Educate, not essentially promote...
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 08:58 PM   #11
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeteer View Post
I wonder if all these news about suicides makes people realize that committing suicide is a "common" thing...

Seeking attention much?

Maybe the schools should start educating kids bout homosexuality. Educate, not essentially promote...
I don't understand your comment. Seriously, I don't. First you are calling the kid an attention seeker, and I'd like to know why we should not give a kid struggling some attention? Then you say that is the "effect of coming out in high school," as if it would be better for kids to hide who they really are. You follow that up by saying schools should educate kids about homosexuality. In what way? Seems as though you want schools to teach them not to come out in high school and instead to hide who they really are in high school or you will be bullied or even end up killing yourself. Educate? What does that mean? Promote homosexuality? What does that even mean. Acknowledging homosexuality does not promote it. Accepting that people are homosexual does not promote it. Anyway, your whole comment is just extremely confusing.

The education programs should focus on teaching kids how to deal with bullies and also not to bully others. Further, they need programs that help kids when they are having problems, and these programs cannot be the kind that tell kids to pretend to be the norm.

Also, I think it is very difficult to live in these small communities where the norm is antigay.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 11:24 PM   #12
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeteer View Post

Seeking attention much?

Some things are better left unsaid. RIP young man and hope your life was not in vain.
Before you speak to me about your religion, first show it to me in how you treat other people; before you tell me how much you love your God, show me in how much you love all His children; before you preach to me of your passion for your faith, teach me about it through your compassion for your neighbors. In the end, I'm not as interested in what you have to tell or sell as in how you choose to live and give.

Cory Booker
mykarma is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 11:42 PM   #13
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that bullying is still, by many seen as being far less 'painful' than physical abuse. And it's not. Simple as that.

RIP Jadin, this story is all too common.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 11:57 PM   #14
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

So sad. It seems like so many kids are being pushed to the bring these days. I wonder if social media makes it seems as though it's impossible to escape the torment.

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:54 AM   #15
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

Rip