2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held? - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

Monterrey, Mexico 76 27.14%
Singapore 178 63.57%
Tianjin, China 26 9.29%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:36 AM   #106
country flag Shaddad

Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all
Re: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilePhile View Post
Tianjin Haihe River area Italian style area is the only Italian style building resources and the biggest Italian cultural seedbed in Asia.And it reflects some European style in Tianjin just like what Julian said.

Singles:2012 ITF Wellington,ITF Chiasso
Doubles:2012 ITF Chiasso,ITF Prague,ITF Brescia,RU Wimbledon (w/chenhw)
Shaddad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:55 AM   #107
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

^ Yup. I love that place So romantic

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:57 AM   #108
country flag donellcarey

donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
Well, I have visited Beijing, Tianjin, Harbin, Xi'an, Shanghai, Guilin, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Jinan, Wuxi, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Hong Kong, ZhangJiaJie, Jiuzhaigou and the Great Wall of China. Should I seriously still need to travel more in China?

I'm seriously kinda sick of them already. I traveled to all those places with my friends during my 1 year time of studying Mandarin in Beijing in 2011
Well yea you've travelled enough cities in China, but there're more places to go to.

Tho still I can't agree with that "Europe in China" thing
donellcarey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:14 AM   #109
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by donellcarey View Post
Well yea you've travelled enough cities in China, but there're more places to go to.

Tho still I can't agree with that "Europe in China" thing
Well maybe not Europe in China but I definitely felt European vibes during my visit to some areas of Tianjin, especially compared to its neighbor Beijing

I love Tianjin Here are some of the pictures I took with my phone and camera during my visit to Tianjin:

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:15 AM   #110
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

Go Singapore!
randy72391 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:30 AM   #111
country flag thegreendestiny

thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute

Kazan filed the application by accident. WTA never bothered to check. How professional.

Quote:
Kazan Never Wanted WTA Champs - Russian Tennis Chief

MOSCOW, January 30 (R-Sport) - The Russian city of Kazan never intended to host this season's WTA tennis championships despite appearing on the initial list of candidates, Russian tennis chief Shamil Tarpishchev told R-Sport on Wednesday.
The capital of the Tatarstan republic was only axed from a four-city shortlist this week, leaving Monterrey, Singapore and China’s Tianjin as the candidates to replace Istanbul for the season-ending event.
“Nobody filed a proper application, neither (Tatarstan President Rustam) Minnikhanov, nor anybody else,” Tarpishchev said.

“The city sports committee filed an unauthorized application and by accident, so initially we didn’t even want this tournament.”
Moreover, Tarpishchev claimed there was no financial incentive to organize such event in Russia.
“It’s a waste of money, it’s better to buy a tournament for a long time than to spend money on a single event which doesn’t have a lot of meaning,” Tarpishchev said.

Resources will be channeled instead into the annual WTA/ATP Kremlin Cup in October, the only Russian stop on the tour, he added.
“We have Kremlin Cup and the women’s event there is strong. There’s no sense in wasting over $10 million to stage one tournament.”

The WTA Championships feature the top 8 singles players and top 8 doubles teams of the season competing for $4.9 million in prize money.
However, the 64-year-old Fed Cup and Davis Cup captain insisted Kazan had all the required facilities for staging a big tennis tournament as the home of the University Games this summer.
“There are all the necessary facilities in Kazan and it is ready to hold competitions of such caliber, but for now we don’t need this tournament.”
Lol at Tarpishev throwing some shade at WTA.

http://en.rsport.ru/tennis/20130130/642477548.html
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:35 AM   #112
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendestiny View Post
Kazan filed the application by accident. WTA never bothered to check. How professional.

Lol at Tarpishev throwing some shade at WTA.

http://en.rsport.ru/tennis/20130130/642477548.html
The fact that Kazan Russia filed an unauthorized application and by accident was pretty laughable and dumb too

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 05:55 AM   #113
country flag hdfb

hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore would be a good option, further solidify the notion of an post-US Open Asian leg.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:02 AM   #114
country flag donellcarey

donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well maybe not Europe in China but I definitely felt European vibes during my visit to some areas of Tianjin, especially compared to its neighbor Beijing

I love Tianjin Here are some of the pictures I took with my phone and camera during my visit to Tianjin:

Some parts are like real good. I can see why you think that way.
donellcarey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:07 AM   #115
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Some of these photos are good
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:45 AM   #116
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

All these choices are mediocre. But I guess we live in an era where Qatar gets the World Cup.
njnetswill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:12 PM   #117
country flag kangwoo
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnetswill View Post
All these choices are mediocre. But I guess we live in an era where Qatar gets the World Cup.
era where committee voted chose bribery over the suitability of the candidates .... olympic/WC in desert during hot summer

KVITOVA
WIMBLEDON , YEC 2011 CHAMPION

AZARENKA
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2012 & 2013 CHAMPION
kangwoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:20 PM   #118
country flag Trickle
#80, #55

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure which is the best way online to gauge how popular tennis is in a country but after looking up tennis in Google Trends, I was pleasantly surprised to see Singapore pop up in the Top 10 by Regional Interest. Maybe it won't be half bad?

Even this year so far, obviously most of the interest in tennis has been in Australia, but Singapore showed up 7th, and this is recent interest, so maybe it won't be as bad as we are expecting? That's of course, if Singapore gets it. If Singapore doesn't get it... .

Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:27 PM   #119
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Mexico

49-6
Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:07 PM   #120
country flag A-Bond

A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope they find a long-term solution, at least 5 years. It sucks how they always have to fit the fall schedule around the YEC all 3 years.
A-Bond is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote