2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

Monterrey, Mexico 76 27.14%
Singapore 178 63.57%
Tianjin, China 26 9.29%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:08 AM   #61
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

I think the choice should be heavily, but not entirely, determined by the potential market that could be tapped into.

China already has a bunch of tournaments, so doesn't really need the YEC as well. Singapore would be a nice location, but the potential market is negligible.

So my preference would be for Monterrey, on the condition that the organisers can convincingly demonstrate that they can run a tournament like this successfully. If they can't, Singapore would be the best option.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #62
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

my vote goes to singapore.

in any case, the european indoor season will get even worse.

Beat is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #63
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't Tianjin be cold around that time?
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #64
country flag tripwires

tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
I agree with everything you said there except the last one about food. That's kinda debatable
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUla View Post
I could discuss.
Unreal. I'm living in London right now and (apart from family and friend) the food is one of the two things that I miss about Singapore (the other being playing tennis under the sun and in the humidity ).
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #65
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore...perhaps I may go to Singapore to watch tennis while travelling.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #66
country flag VIKANADAL01

VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all

Monterrey 1st and then Singapore.
VIKANADAL01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #67
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

After Doha and Istanbul, it should to be again city from country without WTA TOP300 player - so Monterrey or Singapore.

But because Mexico have one TOP500 player, we (Stacy McAllister and me) will give advantage to Singapore

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #68
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Tianjin

Just to piss ppl off!
Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #69
country flag FleetSeb

FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of

I swear East Asian tournaments often struggle to get big crowds out. Can we not just keep it Istanbul?
Simona Halep - Heather Watson - Julia Goerges - Kimiko Date Krumm - Lucie Safarova - Nadia Petrova
FleetSeb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #70
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

I think it will be Tianjin

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #71
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

China whoring WTA, please stop.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #72
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Unreal. I'm living in London right now and (apart from family and friend) the food is one of the two things that I miss about Singapore (the other being playing tennis under the sun and in the humidity ).
Because food is seriously depends on taste

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #73
country flag Gilas.

Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, as if those other peasant cities have a chance against Tianjin
In 10 years, China will hold tournaments in Tibet, Senkaku Islands and Scarborough shoal, it is known
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #74
country flag donellcarey

donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute

Since I can go neither of the three, then it'd better be in my home country.

So, Tianjin for sure
donellcarey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #75
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Monterrey!
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote