2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

Monterrey, Mexico 76 27.14%
Singapore 178 63.57%
Tianjin, China 26 9.29%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 02:08 AM   #46
country flag kangwoo
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all
Re: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

singapore too hot and humid? does it really matter when the tournament is held indoor?

monterrey too cartel while tianjin already beijing and shanghai nearby tournaments

KVITOVA
WIMBLEDON , YEC 2011 CHAMPION

AZARENKA
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2012 & 2013 CHAMPION
kangwoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #47
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

Singapore
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 02:56 AM   #48
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore!!!!

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #49
country flag Shaddad

Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all Shaddad is a name known to all

Tianjin is one of the five national central cities in China and it's a city with a salient tennis cultural atmosphere.A number of people participate in this sport so the ticket situation and facilities won't be problems to be worried.
Singles:2012 Wellington,Chiasso
Doubles:
2012 Chiasso,Prague,Brescia,RU Wimbledon (w/chenhw);
2013 Civitavecchia(w/Heinann),Minsk(w/chenhw),Monterrey(w/Drake1980);
2014 Pelham(w/*Jean*)
Shaddad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #50
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Would enjoy it if Mexico hosted it, but may not have enough ticket sales, support, etc...

Singapore would be a nice choice.

China already has many tournaments...

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:42 AM   #51
country flag LindsayRulz

LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute

Out of the three I'd go with Singapore.
LindsayRulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:53 AM   #52
country flag pastadudde

pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all

SINGAPORE FUCK YEAH! then i might be able to go down and watch it lol
pastadudde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #53
country flag Cooper96

Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of

I definitely pick Singapore. The WTA expansion to China has gone a little overboard and Monterrey already has a WTA event and is relatively unsafe. Plus I liked the Doha/Istanbul decisions and Singapore seems to fit the most with those two.
Tennis Tipping: CH: 14 Current: 14 Champion: 2013 ITF Montpellier, 2013 ITF Astana, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Madrid
CYP: CH: 19 Current: 19 Champion: 2013 Birmingham, 2014 Montreal
Tennis Tipping Doubles: CH: 80 Current: 88 Champion: 2013 ITF Croissy Beaubourg, 2013 ITF Olomouc, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Braunschweig, 2014 ITF Launceston
Cooper96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:58 AM   #54
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore.

Having eight millionaires in Monterrey is just playing with fire.
There's no way Sharapova would ever go there even for all the money in the world.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:01 AM   #55
country flag UCLAColumbiaUNC

UCLAColumbiaUNC is just really nice UCLAColumbiaUNC is just really nice UCLAColumbiaUNC is just really nice UCLAColumbiaUNC is just really nice UCLAColumbiaUNC is just really nice UCLAColumbiaUNC is just really nice UCLAColumbiaUNC is just really nice UCLAColumbiaUNC is just really nice UCLAColumbiaUNC is just really nice UCLAColumbiaUNC is just really nice UCLAColumbiaUNC is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToopsTame View Post
LOL @ SEWTA
That's the best they could do? Singapore and Tianjin (barely) are the only cities with international standing. Monterrey is being destroyed by the drug war and Kazan is a second tier city even in Russia. All have no tennis pedigree.
I agree. WTA is not doing well if these 3 are the best they can do.
UCLAColumbiaUNC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:02 AM   #56
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLAColumbiaUNC View Post
I agree. WTA is not doing well if these 3 are the best they can do.
I read there was about 60 cities that made an offer. I guess the last three are the highest bidders.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #57
country flag Cooper96

Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToopsTame View Post
LOL @ SEWTA
That's the best they could do? Singapore and Tianjin (barely) are the only cities with international standing. Monterrey is being destroyed by the drug war and Kazan is a second tier city even in Russia. All have no tennis pedigree.
I think that's the point
Tennis Tipping: CH: 14 Current: 14 Champion: 2013 ITF Montpellier, 2013 ITF Astana, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Madrid
CYP: CH: 19 Current: 19 Champion: 2013 Birmingham, 2014 Montreal
Tennis Tipping Doubles: CH: 80 Current: 88 Champion: 2013 ITF Croissy Beaubourg, 2013 ITF Olomouc, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Braunschweig, 2014 ITF Launceston
Cooper96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 05:20 AM   #58
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I like Singapore best I think but I'd be happy with Monterrey too . I wonder if Monterrey is a bit of a front-runner because I remember when Doha and Istanbul got it, Monterrey was one of the finalists then as well.

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 05:40 AM   #59
country flag wtftennis

wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light

None but if I had to choose one - China.
wtftennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #60
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I am not joking when i actually say I would rather see the YEC cancelled then have it in one of these places
I normally don't mind China having events but they will already have a PM and P5 so they don't deserve YEC
Singapore has no tennis history and isn't an emerging market
Mexico doesn't deserve it and I don't think they'd do a good job of it
Put it somewhere like France or Spain where people will actually care
Or if they wanna go out the back of nowhere, put it in somewhere like Ukraine where they will get a huge rowdy crowd
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote