2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

Monterrey, Mexico 76 27.14%
Singapore 178 63.57%
Tianjin, China 26 9.29%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #31
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

Monterrey because of the better time zone

Ivanovic - Gφrges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #32
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of
Re: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

we all know it's going to be China, so why bother with this farce?
doujyr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #33
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Umm, best place for me is Monterrey, then Singapore, since I might have some chances to go there and the tickets probably won't be too much if it's held in Mexico. But traveling to Mexico these days might not be a good idea. Don't know if I'll ever travel to China.

For the tournament's sake, Singapore could be good, since the city is clean with better facilities, lots of tourists and there are people can afford high price tickets. The Sharapova's clan probably have to pay thousands of dollar fines from littering Sugarpova candies there though.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #34
country flag HawkAussie

HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of

Still going for Singapore
HawkAussie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #35
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by doujyr View Post

Stacey would put the entire tour in China if she could!
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #36
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonella View Post
There afre way too many kidnappings in Monterrey and Singapore is too hot and humid.

Singapore is not hot at the end of the year ( 20-30 Celsius degree), and it has mild weather due to being an island country.
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #37
dragonflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlicznie View Post
Neither.

Nice try Stacy, but I ain't buying it.
Couldn't care less about how much money China is willing to pay that greedy b*tch.
I just want Istanbul to stay, sadly we all know that's not gonna happen.

Istanbul was a great place with enthusiasted fans , but the tickets were sold at very low prices ( even when comparing to regular WTA tournaments anywhere), hence the good attendance.

It's gonna move b/c:

1. Stacey can't stand more with losing profits.

2. Tournament's sponsors think it's enough promotion for their businesses and don't want to spend more. ( This have happened many times, ie Sony Ecrisson, etc..).
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #38
country flag tripwires

tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold tripwires is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies View Post
Singapore is not hot at the end of the year ( 20-30 Celsius degree), and it has mild weather due to being an island country.
More like 25-31 and that's the temperature the entire year.

Obviously, I would like it to be held in my country. Obviously, I'm biased; but obviously, Singapore is the best choice on the shortlist. It's cosmopolitan, very foreigner-friendly, we speak English, our streets are super clean, our transportation...works, we are safe, and our food is awesome.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #39
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure which option is worse I guess it'll be in China, as lamest choice
ivanban is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #40
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post

Obviously, I would like it to be held in my country. Obviously, I'm biased; but obviously, Singapore is the best choice on the shortlist. It's cosmopolitan, very foreigner-friendly, we speak English, our streets are super clean, our transportation...works, we are safe, and our food is awesome.
I could discuss.

I wish YEC was here

Caipirinha Guy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #41
country flag Lin Lin

Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute

Tianjin please,I can go
豆豆
雪雪
Lin Lin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #42
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doujyr View Post
It's true.
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #43
country flag Gu-niao

Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all

Monterrey or Singapore,please
But you really should know, I'd be good for you
I'd be surprisingly good for you
Gu-niao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #44
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post

I agree with everything you said there except the last one about food. That's kinda debatable

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #45
country flag Lin Lin

Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute

TianJin TianJin
豆豆
雪雪
Lin Lin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote