2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

Monterrey, Mexico 76 27.14%
Singapore 178 63.57%
Tianjin, China 26 9.29%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #16
country flag currie84

currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future
Re: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
Kazan, Russia is in Europe right?

It's the first city to be eliminated
Tatarstan i think geographically it's in Asia
currie84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #17
country flag Rik.

Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 YEC host cities narrowed to 3 candidates. Where do you want it to be held?

Singapore
Rik. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #18
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

I want YEC: WTA Bitches On Drugs Edition. This show will rock.

Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #19
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by currie84 View Post
Tatarstan i think geographically it's in Asia
I think it can be considered both Europe and Asia because it is literally the bridge linking the European Russia and Asian Russia based on this article:

http://tatarstan.ru/eng/about/welcome.htm

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #20
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely Singapore. Lots of $$$, exposure to a new fanbase, probably as enthusiastic as the Turkish fans...I think it would be an awesome spot.
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #21
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #22
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore. It's the only place that will keep the prestige of the WTA Championships.
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #23
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

None. They should make it on clay in like Germany one year, or on grass too

That'd be fun!!
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #24
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Nowadays, Mexico is too dangerous, respect for human life is at a low. Actually, I'd prefer they stay in Istanbul. However, of the 3 finalists......Singapore.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #25
country flag Wtrain

Wtrain has much to be proud of Wtrain has much to be proud of Wtrain has much to be proud of Wtrain has much to be proud of Wtrain has much to be proud of Wtrain has much to be proud of Wtrain has much to be proud of Wtrain has much to be proud of Wtrain has much to be proud of Wtrain has much to be proud of Wtrain has much to be proud of

Keep it in Istanbul... just sayin.

But out of those options, Singapore.
Andy Murray - Julien Benneteau - Milos Raonic - Juan Martin del Potro
Wtrain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #26
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

Neither.

Nice try Stacy, but I ain't buying it.
Couldn't care less about how much money China is willing to pay that greedy b*tch.
I just want Istanbul to stay, sadly we all know that's not gonna happen.
Kasey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #27
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

I love the way that the WTA is trying to inject some drama into the bidding processing - makes it like the Olympics.

But it is going to Tianjin.

With all the tournaments now in China, surely the players will be picking up some Chinese.

babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #28
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
I think it can be considered both Europe and Asia because it is literally the bridge linking the European Russia and Asian Russia based on this article:

http://tatarstan.ru/eng/about/welcome.htm

It is Europe.
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #29
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone was like WTF when they moved it to Istanbul and that turned out to be a great idea so who knows. Each of the cities has potential. To be fair China really does have a growing fan base and it deserves more tournaments there. Especially considering how many America and even Australia have.
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #30
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever will pay more will win.

So 2014 YEC will be played in China.
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote