Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4 - Page 99 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:36 PM   #1471
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Kvitova has said before she's more focused on spending time with her family than practicing and training. She recently hired a new fitness coach but the question needs to be asked, why hire someone to help you do something you don't want to do?! She also has apparently been quite sad and depressed after losses like the Aus Open this year, yet she's staying firm on wanting to spend time with her family and puting other priorities first. I don't understand how one can feel depressed and disappointed when they won't commit themselves 100% to achieve their goals. I like Petra, I love her game and think she has a great personality, but I can never become a fan of her until she starts to take tennis more seriously. She has the potential to be the best, yet she's currently just surviving off her impeccable ball striking abilities.

That's why I love players like Maria, Vika and Caroline. Their work ethic. They don't stop trying and they're willing to put in the hard work. Ana is iffy with this sometimes but she has lately gotten her priorities sorted so I'm hoping she gets rewarded for that otherwise I fear she might get distracted and lose motivation again.

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:39 PM   #1472
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
No. I want her to punish the Demon at one of those events so that its devotees would stop moaning how unfair it was they didn't meet last year. Ideally, I would want Karolina to beat the Demon because of the hilarity but we know that ain't gonna happen ever never never ...
I dont want her lose early, but she is very capable.
Right now Karolina would lose to Extremely Injured so badly that the wimbledon trashing from Kvitova would look like a nice day, still I'm actually looking forward to see this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenK View Post
Leave Petra alone. You need to save your scorn/sarcasm/best stuff for VIP and Vika in IW.
doubt I can watch a single match from IW tho.
And they have so many friggin fans, you block/ignore one and two other jumps to their place... ppl have no selfesteem.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:42 PM   #1473
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mature. I mean, you don't come across as a 20-year-old, at all. I would have guessed you were 30+.

No. I want her to punish the Demon at one of those events so that its devotees would stop moaning how unfair it was they didn't meet last year. Ideally, I would want Karolina to beat the Demon because of the hilarity but we know that ain't gonna happen ever never never ...
Are we still banned from calling it the Shrieking Demon?

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:43 PM   #1474
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Random Question: How on Earth are you just 20? You seem/come across so sorted-out.

What do you expect? They have to spread the plot in one more season plus a movie hence why they keep coming with potential killer & As. Its getting so ridiculous.The revelation that Alison/her evil twin has been toying with them all long will most probably happen in the very very end. Overall, the show is so poor in its execution + storylines that every sane person will give up on it after 5-6 episodes(unfortunately, I ain't one).
Yeah I know that's happening at the end of this season, they made it pretty obvious. First I'm hearing about a movie though. I just wish they would give an actual clue in some episodes instead of trivial things which have no bearing on the final outcome at all. Maybe I'm just being impatient cus there's only 4 more to go.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:45 PM   #1475
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Kvitova has said before she's more focused on spending time with her family than practicing and training. She recently hired a new fitness coach but the question needs to be asked, why hire someone to help you do something you don't want to do?! She also has apparently been quite sad and depressed after losses like the Aus Open this year, yet she's staying firm on wanting to spend time with her family and puting other priorities first. I don't understand how one can feel depressed and disappointed when they won't commit themselves 100% to achieve their goals. I like Petra, I love her game and think she has a great personality, but I can never become a fan of her until she starts to take tennis more seriously. She has the potential to be the best, yet she's currently just surviving off her impeccable ball striking abilities.

That's why I love players like Maria, Vika and Caroline. Their work ethic. They don't stop trying and they're willing to put in the hard work. Ana is iffy with this sometimes but she has lately gotten her priorities sorted so I'm hoping she gets rewarded for that otherwise I fear she might get distracted and lose motivation again.
Well, I can understand Petra wanting to spend time with her family. I just don't see why that should interfere with her fitness. Don't they have any gyms to work out, tennis courts to hit some balls and woods where she can go for a run where Petra lives?
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:46 PM   #1476
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

1:00 "This young lady's idol was Maria Sharapova" what?

heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:51 PM   #1477
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
I agree. She doesn't even seem to be mentally fragile like Azarenka was in 2009/2010 but instead seems to lose focus really easily. Sort of like how Venus was in 2009. She'll be on top of her game for a set and then just completely lose it all out of no where. In the Ivanovic match (if I remember correctly) it was like she began to get bored and let things slip away from her. It's really frustrating because she has soooo much potential - especially in this era of women's tennis where the competition isn't as fierce as it was in the Venus/Serena/Davenport/etc days. IDK I just hope she gets back into the 2011 form. If she keeps playing and playing like she has been in 2012 then she'll eventually find that form again but I think the most important thing for Kvitova is to find CONSISTENCY.
Well, perhaps her problem is that to find consistency she needs to play more conservatively when she's having a day where she isn't painting the lines, but she can't afford to do that because she can't get into too many extended rallys because of her lack of fitness.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:56 PM   #1478
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

fitness & focus are really what Petra needs to work on. I hope she can get over whatever mental block Maria has over her as well, even though it could be detrimental to Maria, I just really wanted that rivalry to happen.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:57 PM   #1479
country flag jameshazza

Quote:

Apparently so, I think that could be part of the mental issue. Also not the best h/l choice when Chrissy-fan is posting.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:02 PM   #1480
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Sharapova knows that.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:04 PM   #1481
country flag heavyhorse

And my apologies, Chrissie!
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:05 PM   #1482
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Apparently so, I think that could be part of the mental issue. Also not the best h/l choice when Chrissy-fan is posting.
I don't mind. I know Caro got her ass kicked in that one. But win or lose, I always accept the result, so no problem.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:09 PM   #1483
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
doubt I can watch a single match from IW tho.
But your tweets are an essential part of the tennis experience. If it's cuz of the new job though Congrats! #swearimnotastalker #justretaininfowell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
And they have so many friggin fans, you block/ignore one and two other jumps to their place... ppl have no selfesteem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
fitness & focus are really what Petra needs to work on. I hope she can get over whatever mental block Maria has over her as well, even though it could be detrimental to Maria, I just really wanted that rivalry to happen.
I'm all for Maria and Petra trading all the slams between them from here to eternity.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:16 PM   #1484
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

"It's so easy with Adblock to make your sig go away "

DEATH. Demon spawn 4 life!
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:26 PM   #1485
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Kvitty knows the score.

That match is always my go-to when I need a pick me up.

I'm not sure now, but it used to be called How To Destroy A Pusher In 45 Minutes on YouTube.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread