Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4 - Page 328 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #4906
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
Nice try, however Maria is facing the camera full-front while Serena is not.....

both are a bit not full-front, Maria a bit turning to the right, Serena to the left. Actually Serena won't get through the same doorway as can Maria...

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 12th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #4907
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
GM definitely understands the art of making a mountain out of a molehill, don't it? How long is that results thread now? 130 pages? After seeing the first few pages I thought, "hmm, this is nowhere near as bad as I had expected." But I should have known better.

Some of the Serena fanbase are just cocky and arrogant in the extreme. The're drunk with success, love mocking every other player under the sun (especially Maria of course), but all hell breaks lose if anyone has the nerve to make even one borderline critical comment about the chosen one. Nothing but total worship will do. If not you're a hater. Meanwhile they consider it perfectly normal to ridicule and post meanspirited gifs and hate threads themselves to their hearts delight. They feel entitled to do this because they support the best player while the rest of us are just wasting our time on what they call scrubs, peasants and losers. I just find them all (well, not all, but enough of them) very arrogant, and they love to dish it out but are ultra sensitive when it comes to taking it.
Exactly
The first pages were ok because probably the mentally sane fans posted, leaving the pace to all the trolls and haters later.
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #4908
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Btw I actually don't know what's happening in that gif, can someone fill me in?
and very well said Chrissie-fan. It's hilarious because this is an internet board, but posters feel the need to live vicariously through their fave which in turn makes them think they are better than other posters who support other players just because Serena's the best player in the world doesn't mean you're entitled to own a virtual tennis forum. Seriously GM could be analysed in years to come as a social power struggle the way some posters go about their business
Maria is giving her speech during the trophy presentation, Serena is just overcome by the feat Maria accomplished, she cannot quite comprehend the beauty and talent before her. She is just overcome with emotion, as we all were at that defining moment of history. She can only shake her head in disbelief, it is not every day one plays a Wimbledon final against an angel.

-------------------

Any UK posters watching The Fall on BBC?
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #4909
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Btw I actually don't know what's happening in that gif, can someone fill me in?
and very well said Chrissie-fan. It's hilarious because this is an internet board, but posters feel the need to live vicariously through their fave which in turn makes them think they are better than other posters who support other players just because Serena's the best player in the world doesn't mean you're entitled to own a virtual tennis forum. Seriously GM could be analysed in years to come as a social power struggle the way some posters go about their business
LOL I literally was going to say the same (word for word)...it's freaky
Lachy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #4910
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

i just can't: Bruce Jenkins of SI comparing Serena with Federer in GOAT discussion. Moreover according to him Federer was in 27 slam finals and won 16.

Is it new lows for tennis journalism and Sports Illustrated in particular?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...ver/index.html

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #4911
country flag NashaMasha

Anna Chakvetadze: "Maria will eventually beat Serena"

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #4912
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Margaret Court in 2011: "Next year Wozniacki will win a major."

But yes, I also think that eventually Maria will beat Serena. One day her persistance will be rewarded.
Wozniacki will eventually win Major, but probably in 2016-2017

Quote:
I would be very careful if I were you at that GM thread. We don't want you to get banned again.
i think i returned back in the wrong time, when GM is just about Serena and how she is better than Federer , Phelps and Tiger Woods )))

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #4913
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
At a time when she can't even win a match I can't imagine that she'll ever win a major, bt thanks for the heads up.
look at where was Jankovic just a few months ago and now she is playing good enough to reach QF at Slams and SF in Miami and be competitive vs Serena and Masha

Wozniacki self-destructed and lost the plot about how to play tennis. But she is definitely not Vaidisova and will regroup and return back. Current WTA is so weak that she will be able to return in top 5 whenever she wants. She just needs a coach and focus only on tennis.

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #4914
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

This is genius

Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #4915
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This is genius

this is shoshana

no, thanks i have my period, i still get it

thank for posting

i still haven't watch last 5 episodes of season 2

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #4916
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Well, to make that scenario possible I think she will have to make some tough desicions and be quick about them because she's going from bad to worse and is losing a lot of valuable time. She needs a new coach, but it needs to be someone who's able to strike the right balance between adding to her game while at the same time not trying to turn her into something she's not (she'll never be able to outhit the likes of a Maria, Serena or Vika). And Rory doesn't have to go (there's no need to break her heart), but she can't go watching golf tournaments all the time anymore either. Finding the right balance between her professional and private life will be crucial. Most important of all, she needs to get that desire and "over my death body" attitude back that she used to have a few years ago. She used to be a fighter, a competitor - she needs that back.

it seems to me that Dimitrov is going to have the same problems as Caro

They all should take lessons from Maria how to separate tennis career from private life. Career still should be on the 1st position

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #4917
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I don't follow golf but one of my friends mentioned that Rory is in a slump also. Maybe they need come to a mutual decision about their relationship, not ending it of course, but limiting the current amount of time spent with each other.
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #4918
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Margaret Court in 2011: "Next year Wozniacki will win a major."

But yes, I also think that eventually Maria will beat Serena. One day her persistance will be rewarded.
God I hope so.

I'm sick of scooping up wig all over GM.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #4919
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would be very careful if I were you at that GM thread. We don't want you to get banned again.
The jury is still out on this.
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #4920
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
The jury is still out on this.
We need this.

It's just weak when me and Doomsday are the main Mashabator "trolls".

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread