Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4 - Page 324 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 02:52 AM   #4846
country flag FlopPoova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
How you're doing?
Good!! cant believe I've been here for almost 2 weeks ready .

Love my weekend traveling when I have wifi at hotels

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wonder why your avatar is a photo of her at some fashion event then, instead of one in a tennis dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Most of us here make more than 1 Million a year...that is why most of us like tennis. It is a sport for the rich.
FlopPoova is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #4847
country flag Sharapower

Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
Girls, the sun is Satan's creation. Run and hide from it. Otherwise, you will look 40 by the time you hit 25.

Epic
Sharapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #4848
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post

Congrats on the offer. Were they agonizing with the wait or did they give you an offer early on?

I studied King Lear, The Wife of Bath, and 'Tis Pity She's a Whore. TWB and TPSW were a comparison. TPSW is shit but in the sense that it's so shit it's great. Really enjoyed the other two, especially TWB.

Yeah I use ExamSolutions, they're great. Although maths is probably my second best subject, I'm just too lazy on it. But I have a full week to do every PPQ for C3 and C4 so that's what I'll be doing. I have to as well because I've secured a B in Chemistry and I need at least AAA. I'm fine in Bio and Eng but because I have to get 90 in bot C3/C4 if I mess up it will be AABB. Must do is a great master as they say.

It wouldn't be the end of the world I guess now that I've settled on Anthropology over Med but just myself personally would like to get at least three.
They took forever to give me an interview, and then after that said it would be 3 weeks before they contacted me, but they actually gave me the offer after 8 days! Don't know what that was about, especially as I thought I cocked up the interview - they asked me a question I didn't know the answer to, and instead of being honest I tried to bullshit it and did a really bad job, just thinking about it makes me cringe

Let me know how the rest of your exams do go then

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind
AnnieIWillKnow is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #4849
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all

Hi all, haven't been on here for a while so am lost. Can anyone point me to the latest race rankings thread? Can't seem to find it. I know Martha's #2 in the race, but just want to see where everyone else is and who we can reasonably expect to make it to Istanbul (other than the Big 5 (Serena, Vika, Maria, Sara and Aga) of course).
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #4850
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all

Random stat, but it fans the delusion in me so let me offer it up. You infer what you want out of it.

Since the beginning of 2012, the only player to whom Maria has lost (not counting W/O) that she has not beaten in their last meeting is Serena. In fact, we would have to go back to 2011 to find a player to whom Maria has lost and has not beaten since then.

Sequentially here are the last 5 players to beat her that she has not beaten in their last meetings with information about their last meeting:
1) Serena Williams RG F 2013 L 4-6 4-6
2) Flavia Pennetta USO R3 2011 L 3-6 6-3 4-6
3) Galina Voskoboeva Rogers Cup R3 2011 L 3-6 5-7
4) Virginie Razanno Fed Cup R1 2011 L 3-6 4-6
5) Greta Arn Auckland QF L 2-6 5-7

Thought it was interesting. It obviously doesn't take into account whether the subsequent wins against people not on the list could truly be considered significant "revenge" (e.g., For Li, does the Stuttgart F make up for AO SF?) as well as overall H2H (Vika), but I'd like to think it's a sign she (or most likely Hoggy since she's said before she likes to play by instinct) thinks about her game and losses to figure stuff out.

Also, not to get people depressed, but I saw this pic on twitter, and it just seems like the saddest thing ever, or maybe just for this weekend:
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #4851
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

It's RIDICULOUS that people do not get banned at all on TF unless they are Maria fans.

Please report this, this is just going too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le bon vivant View Post
feast on her corpse!!!!
No comment, these people are sick.

Never in my life have I witnessed such a huge concentration of borderline psychotic lunatics.
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #4852
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

I don't think these psychos will shut the fuck up unless Serena literally kills Maria on a tennis court.
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #4853
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
I don't think these psychos will shut the fuck up unless Serena literally kills Maria on a tennis court.
Maybe they expect Serena to do so
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #4854

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

^^ They want her to. These people are genuinely out for blood. They would dance on her grave with no second thought.

Old Jun 10th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #4855

Look what popped up on my newsfeed... https://twitter.com/ChrissieEvert/st...60246572011520

Old Jun 10th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #4856
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Chrissie is the best
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #4857
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Visit the old Woz threads and you will find many, many more. I don't doubt that at least some of those type of posters are Gunther Parsche types who really have mental problems. I'm an old fart, so what do I know about how young people communicate on the social media these days, so I may read too much into that stuff. But it seems quite dangerous to me that the powers that be tolerate that sort of stuff. People can visit for example Caro's facebook page or twitter and say that they hope she will die a slow painfull death. And there are no consequences for this. If I put a letter in the mailbox of my neighbour with that type of message I'd probably get a visit from the cops.

But on the internet you can say whathever you want to whoever you want and nobody gives a fuck, and as a result of that it gets to be considered normal and the bar is put lower and lower. They create a sub-culture where it's ok to be a psycho. The psycho even gets the idea that it's cool to be a psycho because he gets a pat on the back for his deranged comments from his fellow psychos. Sooner or later something horrible will happpen and we'll be shocked to hear that one of these crazies actually acted upon his words. But can we be surprised if such a thing would happen? I don't think so.

Having said that, in the case of a lot of those type of posters it's all just an act. If they bumped into Maria Sharapova on the street they wouldn't say, "I hate you" but "can I have your autograph please?" And if she was kind enough to give it to them they wouldn't say "I hope that you die" but "thank you very much."
Yes! So very true.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #4858
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Visit the old Woz threads and you will find many, many more. I don't doubt that at least some of those type of posters are Gunther Parsche types who really have mental problems. I'm an old fart, so what do I know about how young people communicate on the social media these days, so I may read too much into that stuff. But it seems quite dangerous to me that the powers that be tolerate that sort of stuff. People can visit for example Caro's facebook page or twitter and say that they hope she will die a slow painfull death. And there are no consequences for this. If I put a letter in the mailbox of my neighbour with that type of message I'd probably get a visit from the cops.

But on the internet you can say whathever you want to whoever you want and nobody gives a fuck, and as a result of that it gets to be considered normal and the bar is put lower and lower. They create a sub-culture where it's ok to be a psycho. The psycho even gets the idea that it's cool to be a psycho because he gets a pat on the back for his deranged comments from his fellow psychos. Sooner or later something horrible will happpen and we'll be shocked to hear that one of these crazies actually acted upon his words. But can we be surprised if such a thing would happen? I don't think so.

Having said that, in the case of a lot of those type of posters it's all just an act. If they bumped into Maria Sharapova on the street they wouldn't say, "I hate you" but "can I have your autograph please?" And if she was kind enough to give it to them they wouldn't say "I hope that you die" but "thank you very much."
i agree! i mean i use to hate vika but even then i'd die for a pic with her.

Last edited by malarkist : Jun 10th, 2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: typo
malarkist is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #4859
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future

So, i just started Scandal - Oh Shonda, you addictive bitch.
Silas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #4860
country flag ServeCaspian

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute

Let me know your thoughts on it. I've heard it's overrated but at it seems good enough to watch over summer.