Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4 - Page 286 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 5th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #4276
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Lemme put it this way.

From some of the tweets I saw you'd think she has gone up to Serena with a knife and threatened her or something. It was baaaaaad.
I shudder to look at her @ mentions on Twitter. I mean it's silly for Sloane to say all that to begin with, but this going to be one big tough lesson for her.

Also the Clijsters-Martha thread. I'm sure we already did this many times when they both had 2 slams, both had 3 slams and when both were sucking badly
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #4277
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

I know Sloane was in an interview and just answering the questions put to her, but she needs to realize when it's best to use tact. Publicly airing her grievances concerning Serena comes off as petulant and childish. I know she's still young, but she has much more important issues she has to deal with. She's gone into a free fall since her lucky victory over Serena in Melbourne and needs to figure out how to handle the heightened attention and expectations that come with a win like that. This tour has a long history of sending talented players into irrelavance in a hurry.

The way she's let Serena already get into her head and the deterioration of her game in the past few months gives me the impression that she is lacking the emotional and mental strength needed to succeed on this tour longterm. There's still time for her, but these aren't good signs.

Accomplish something first before giving critical opinions of other established and more successful players. Pay your dues.

Most of the players have already learned long ago that nothing good ever comes from making Serena mad.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #4278
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

While Serena has always come off phoney as hell to me, being this unabashed with the press was a mistake. I really couldn't care less about "making Serena mad", but no one respects a whiner or a snitch. So she doesn't want to be your buddy any longer. This is a competition. It's not as if Serena threw rocks at your puppy. There's a way to throw shade without being so conspicuous and childish. I'm giving her a pass on this because of youth and the difficulties she's had dealing with the sudden fame and pressure. But I'm sure Serena and her uber fans with be less forgiving.

Last edited by Icky80 : May 5th, 2013 at 07:33 AM.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #4279
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim's_fan_4ever View Post

And I find WonderFan harmless
its incredible how an obvious multiple account can go 1000+ posts w/o getting banned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Sloane uncovering Serena's personality , which she is always trying to disguise

Sometimes i saw on Serena's face "i'm ready to kill you" expression when she played against Masha . Serena is so fake in her mannerism and courtesy

Now Sloane Stephens joins Masha among her blood enemies
Go with your shit somewhere else. There is whole GM for you.
Old May 5th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #4280
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

GM is literally impossible these days. I used to post there all the time but rarely do these days. Each time I do I'm reminded of why I dont. As soon as you post something even slightly critical of Serena its on and you have a whole gang of people going at you. This place gets worse and worse every year.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #4281
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
GM is literally impossible these days. I used to post there all the time but rarely do these days. Each time I do I'm reminded of why I dont. As soon as you post something even slightly critical of Serena its on and you have a whole gang of people going at you. This place gets worse and worse every year.
Don't worry, stay here.
Trih is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #4282
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I can't remember whether it was actually when I'd joined, or when I was still lurking, but I seem to remember someone in here was going to fix his avatar and send it to him and the idea of it still cracks me up

I feel like such a bitch now though. Has anyone seen that interview Sloane gave to ESPN where she just bitches about Serena the whole time. If we think Maria has it bad, I dread to think what Sloane is going to get...
It was me I couldn't bear it, it wasn't anything hate, it just itched me to see that poor picture.
About Sloane, I was reading twitter tonight when they posted that interview (linking to TF), in 5 minutes SerenaSlam had 400+ visitors
I didn't read it yet, but as far as I read, looks like Serena just took it personal just because Sloane beat her in Australia...??
Trih is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #4283
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Don't worry, stay here.
Its just so annoying that giving your opinions gets personal hate thrown your way. The days where people seemed to be able to do that or even didcuss things are over. I do like it here but sometimes I do like to discuss the other players and give my 2 cents. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this place. Maybe thats what people like these days.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #4284
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

yeah very immature and childish behavior from Serena she's like 30 years old she should know better than this Although it was really stupid from Sloane to go public with this as well it will only affect her negatively but she's really young so it's understandable she would make a mistake like this.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #4285
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Also Chris or somebody else should make a live chat thread for Madrid
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #4286
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Serena is so terribly immature! If this is what happens when someone beats her, then stop pretending being everybody's friends on tour

Btw haven't posted in here in a while! How's everybody?

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #4287
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

What? When was that interview? Cause when they played in the FC tie vs Sweden, at the end of Venus's match vs Larsson, after Venus, I saw Serena and Sloane sitting next to each other, joking and even hugging each other

It's around 22:01.

Old May 5th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #4288
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Madrid chat thread as requested: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...8#post27604338
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #4289
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
Its just so annoying that giving your opinions gets personal hate thrown your way. The days where people seemed to be able to do that or even didcuss things are over. I do like it here but sometimes I do like to discuss the other players and give my 2 cents. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this place. Maybe thats what people like these days.
Welcome to the club.

The only places at TF where you can really discuss tennis players other than your immediate faves are ironically some of the fan forums and Blast from the Past which has when it comes to the quality of the posts always been the best board of TF. So perhaps twenty or thirty years from now everyone will be able to discuss todays players in a more civil manner.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #4290
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Lol Sloane. What was she thinking?

Did the Sarin fans go ape-shit yet? Predicting that their 'Lord would snatch her wig' or whatever phrases that they call English? The one thing I hate about GM logic is that if your favourite is a great player, it somehow gives you the power to stamp all around the lesser players and call them names or what have you. And it's not only Sarin fans to be quite honest, we have some black sheeps here as well.
Definitely. To be honest, the Masha fanbase had quite a reputation among Woz fans back in the day. So much so that it held me back from joining SS and outing myself as a Sharapova fan for a long time because I thought I would feel like a traitor! Something like, "why would I wanna hang out with that crowd who constantly mock and ridicule my girl?" But upon joining you all I was surprised by how nice most of you are and that a few trolls don't define an entire fanbase.

As for Sloane Stephens, well, leaving aside the fact of whether she's right or wrong I don't mind that she speaks her mind, but I fear that it will have more of a negative impact on her than Serena. Serena won't give a fuck while Sloane doesn't have the personality to feed of conflict and let it work to her advantage. Capriati had a more "in your face" type of streetfighter mentality and she could use that to her advantage in grudge matches with Serena. And Hingis was cocky and had enough confidence in her own talent to not let a bit of controversy affect her. But Stephens is more in the position of a Radwanska when she said stuff about Azarenka. It won't make her play better, it will make her play worse.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread