Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4 - Page 258 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 08:40 PM   #3856
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
A) Thanks for the rep.

and

B) We all know that Errani is just like Wozniacki

i'm dying

i wanna see video of that

well, i'm gonna be honest about masha playing in fed cup final.

it would not to be fair for those girls who played QF, and SF to be kick out of the team becouse now she wants to play, where is he during the whole year, she just plays when she need to go to the olympics, that not fair to makarava or vesnina or pavluchenkova to be left out now when they brought win just becouse primadonna wants to play she played like 3 time in fed cup

i'm just honest, i would love to see her in finals, with her and kirilenko it's 100 % win, but i'm just saying its not fair among the girls who are playing all the time to be left out.

now you can say that i'm fake fan, but i'm not, i'm just open and honest...

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 08:44 PM   #3857
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
i'm dying

it would not to be fair for those girls who played QF, and SF to be kick out of the team becouse now she wants to play, where is he during the whole year, she just plays when she need to go to the olympics, that not fair to makarava or vesnina or pavluchenkova to be left out now when they brought win just becouse primadonna wants to play she played like 3 time in fed cup

i'm just honest, i would love to see her in finals, with her and kirilenko it's 100 % win, but i'm just saying its not fair among the girls who are playing all the time to be left out.

Don't worry, you make some good, valid points. For Maria to play in the final, someone who helped get them to that final in the first place would be shut out. That would leave a sour taste in my mouth, honestly, as much as I would like Maria to be part of Russia's win
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 08:46 PM   #3858
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Does Maria need to play that tie to qualify for OG? If yes, then let her play one match and the other matches can be played by the other girls. If not, then I don't see the point in Maria taking part unless she would really want to.

Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 08:55 PM   #3859
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:

Yeah I get what you mean. Sometimes I feel the same way too. But because I really want Maria to play in a FC final once in her career (and it's not like Russia always makes final these last couple of years like they used to). That's why we can do nothing but feel sorry for other Russian girls, and that Maria needs to play the final (if she wants to, of course).

I truly think Maria will accept if they ask, because she looked really pumped and happy with others while cheering for them during the FC final in 2007 (in which she could not play because of injury), so I think she would want to experience the atmosphere and those special feelings for once.

For the other girls, they can always sit there cheering as a team. For example like in the situation of German team today, they have many great players, and they chose Angie and Mona to play, while Petko, Sabine, Julia were sitting and cheering for them. So in Russia's case, Maria, Makiri, Elena and Ekat may play, and Pav, Sveta, Nadia can sit there cheering for them They have experienced the winning feeling many times before, even in the QF, SF or F, so let Maria enjoy her rare chance (gosh, when listing the names, I really miss Russia when they still have ElenaD, Dinara, Myskina ).

Lastly, if choosing Maria really increases Russia's chance of winning the final (yes it does!), they'd better choose her. You can't just feel sorry for other Russians so you choose them again, and Russia loses. You can't just let that happen. Have to put the country in the front.

Last edited by Fiercepova : Apr 21st, 2013 at 09:02 PM.
Fiercepova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 08:56 PM   #3860
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i'm dying

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 08:59 PM   #3861
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I get what you mean PMP, but neither Maria nor myself give two fucks for the other Russians tbh. It's the same on every team, at the end of the day, it makes sense to play your best player even if it seems unfair to the other girls.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:04 PM   #3862
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
^

Anyway... I don't see the big deal. I mean: if they call her, she'd answer (I think). If they don't, it's not up to her to decide the team, so what's the matter in the end?
She didn't play ties until now, nothing different from WS who didn't play vs. Italy in february and played just now to save USA's spot in the group.
Haters gonna hate anyway, if she plays they'll hate 'cause she showed up for the final, if she don't, haters gonna hate 'cause she let Russia down.

Bottom line: Pavstry's gif.
Trih is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:04 PM   #3863
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
I get what you mean PMP, but neither Maria nor myself give two fucks for the other Russians tbh. It's the same on every team, at the end of the day, it makes sense to play your best player even if it seems unfair to the other girls.
True, guess Maria doesn't really need to worry about hurting friendships
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:06 PM   #3864
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
i'm dying

I agree with you on this to be honest. And it sometimes annoys me how Maria says all this patriotic stuff about Russia but she only plays Fed Cup to qualify for the Olympics I mean she has been on the tour what, 10 years and she has played only 3 matches But on the other hand they need her to win the final so I think I'd spare one of the girls to get her on the team But to be honest knowing how much interest Maria's shown in the Fed Cup in the past, I'm not so sure she'd sacrifice days of her holiday to play it
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:07 PM   #3865
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
It's the same on every team, at the end of the day, it makes sense to play your best player even if it seems unfair to the other girls.
Indeed... It's like someone complaining about coach's picks in a football national team (example) they just do what's best for the team to win, with players available, so what?
Like Keothavong tweeted earlier:"I'd loved to play but you gotta respect Captain's decisions", end of
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:07 PM   #3866

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

FedCup is useless anyway so if she doesn't have to play then I don't want Maria to play

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:16 PM   #3867
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i'm dying

just some examples:

Olympics relay 4x100

First Round -

Jamaica : Nesta Carter, Michael Frater, Yohan Blake, Kemar Bailey-Cole time : 37.39

USA : Jeff Demps, Darvis Patton, Trell Kimmons, Justin Gatlin time 37.38

Final :
Jamaica: Nesta Carter, Michael Frater, Yohan Blake, Usain Bolt time : 36.84

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:19 PM   #3868

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
just some examples:

Olympics relay 4x100

First Round -

Jamaica : Nesta Carter, Michael Frater, Yohan Blake, Kemar Bailey-Cole time : 37.39

USA : Jeff Demps, Darvis Patton, Trell Kimmons, Justin Gatlin time 37.38

Final :
Jamaica: Nesta Carter, Michael Frater, Yohan Blake, Usain Bolt time : 36.84
It's a completely different sport, just like swimming for example. The biggest stars don't compete in those preeliminary rounds to save energy for the biggest showdowns. Whereas in tennis you play FedCup ties throughout the whole season.

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:23 PM   #3869
country flag Trih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim's_fan_4ever View Post
It's a completely different sport, just like swimming for example. The biggest stars don't compete in those preeliminary rounds to save energy for the biggest showdowns. Whereas in tennis you play FedCup ties throughout the whole season.
And here you're right... Nasha, it's a wrong example, sorry.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:25 PM   #3870
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim's_fan_4ever View Post
yes , but sometimes runners who on their shoulders managed to take their team into the Final are substituted and not getting any deserved praise for it . And the reason is that team's goal is priority, not goals of the individuals . It doesn't matter who is running/playing in the Final, because all are representing one country and what is better for the eventual team's result is always right.

I remember how football players , who didn't play a single match during qualifying rounds were invited and playing at World Cup , even DQ players who missed matches at group stage were playing in QF/SF of World Cup etc

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread