PEPSI has decided to can singer Britney Spears - Oops, she won't do it again. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 01:34 AM   #1
CHOCO

CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow PEPSI has decided to can singer Britney Spears - Oops, she won't do it again.

Beyonce has knocked Britney off the Pepsi podium.

Pepsi cans Britney
From correspondents in New York
December 18, 2002

PEPSI has decided to can singer Britney Spears.

The food and beverage company has dubbed Destiny's Child star Beyonce Knowles its newest pop princess taking over from Spears.

Knowles is "a multitalented entertainer who has achieved tremendous success and popularity in both music and movies," said Dave Burwick, senior vice president and chief marketing officer of Pepsi-Cola North America.

Knowles' film credits include "Austin Powers in Goldmember" and the upcoming film "The Fighting Temptations."

The Associated Press

Last edited by CHOCO : Dec 18th, 2002 at 04:02 AM.
CHOCO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 01:37 AM   #2
CHOCO

CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

Bye-bye Brit ... and hello Beyonce for Pepsi.

Oops, she won't do it again!!!
December 18 2002

Pepsi has decided to can singer Britney Spears in favour of Destiny's Child star Beyonce Knowles .

Knowles is "a multitalented entertainer who has achieved tremendous success and popularity in both music and movies," said Dave Burwick, senior vice president and chief marketing officer of Pepsi-Cola North America.

Knowles' film credits include "Austin Powers in Goldmember" and the upcoming film "The Fighting Temptations."
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 01:42 AM   #3
CHOCO

Beyonce Will Front Pepsi

NEW YORK Pepsi has signed Beyonce Knowles to appear in two TV commercials, radio and Internet ads, consumer promotions and POP materials, and the relationship could evolve to include a Pepsi concert sponsorship, the beverage maker said. Knowles is the lead singer of Destiny's Child, but is in talks with Pepsi about a solo concert tour in 2003.

In a statement, Dave Burwick, svp and CMO of Pepsi-Cola North America, said "Beyonce is a multitalented entertainer who has achieved tremendous success and popularity in both music and movies. We're
excited to be working with Beyonce to capture her unique style in a special Pepsi way."

She appeared in "Austin Powers in Goldmember," earlier this year.

Knowles said,"I'm thrilled to be joining so many talented entertainers who have created memorable Pepsi moments over the years. Many of them have inspired me, and I'd love to do the same for the next generation of artists out there."

Michael Jackson, Madonna and most recently, Britney Spears, have appeared in Pepsi commercials over the years.

BBDO is the lead agency for the Purchase, N.Y., client.

Singer and actress Beyonce Knowles signed on to endorse Pepsi cola December 17, 2002, joining a long line of pop stars that includes Michael Jackson, Madonna and most recently Britney Spears. Knowles, a member of the group Destiny's Child, has an upcoming solo album and recently co-starred in "Austin Powers in Goldmember". The Pepsi deal includes television commercials and a potential tour sponsored by Pepsi. Knowles is seen during a fundraiser in New York November 12, 2002.

Destiny's Child Member in Pepsi Endorsement Deal
Tue December 17, 2002 06:18 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Singer and actress Beyonce Knowles has signed on to endorse Pepsi cola, joining a long line of pop stars that includes Michael Jackson, Madonna, and most recently Britney Spears.
Knowles is a member of the R&B group Destiny's Child, has an upcoming solo album, and recently co-starred in the film comedy "Austin Powers in Goldmember."

The deal will include at least two television commercials and a potential tour sponsored by Pepsi, along with radio and Internet ads. Terms were not disclosed.

The company declined to say whether Knowles -- whose first name rhymes with fiancee -- will appear in its Super Bowl commercials, which last year featured Spears.

"At this point we've just inked the agreement and there aren't any specific agreements about specific commercials," said PepsiCo PEP.N> spokesman Bart Casabona.

Spears' endorsement contract with Pepsi is up at the end of the year, but Casabona said she could well return in future ads. "We're really not saying no to anything," he said.

Pepsi-Cola of North America, a unit of PepsiCo, ran into trouble earlier this year with an ad campaign featuring the rapper Ludacris. The company pulled its spots after the Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly quoted Ludacris lyrics he claimed were derogatory to women and encouraged substance abuse.

In 1989, Pepsi pulled a commercial featuring Madonna, claiming too many people confused the ad with her provocative "Like a Prayer" video.
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 02:15 AM   #4
CHOCO

Beyonce Knowles is Pepsi's latest new thing.

BEYONCE KNOWLES BOUNCES BRITNEY
Pepsi Names New Spokesstar
December 17, 2002
By Hillary Chura

BOSTON (AdAge.com) -- PepsiCo's Pepsi-Cola Co. has tapped Destiny's Child singer Beyonce Knowles to be the new face of Pepsi-Cola, replacing another pop star, Britney Spears.

Ms. Knowles will appear in TV, radio, online and point-of-purchase ads, and the company may also sponsor Ms. Knowles' solo tour in 2003 should she do one, Pepsi said.

Super Bowl ad uncertain

The company hasn't said if Ms. Knowles will appear in "Joy of Pepsi" Super Bowl ads, as has Ms. Spears, whose contract expires at the end of this year. While Pepsi's almost 2-year-old relationship with Ms. Spears (she signed with Pepsi in February 2001) has produced spunky, upbeat musical ads, it was tarnished somewhat after pop princess reportedly was caught drinking Diet Coke, which is marketed by rival Coca-Cola Co.

Ms. Knowles, the lead singer for the multiplatinum group Destiny's Child and one of the stars of Austin Powers in Goldmember, will help Pepsi tap into the multicultural market that is so vital to soft drink marketers.

"Beyonce's popularity resonates with a remarkably broad audience," said Randy Melville, vice president of multiculturalism and strategic initiatives for Pepsi-Cola North America.

Music stars
Pepsi has a long history with music stars, including Lionel Richie, Michael Jackson, Robert Plant, Ray Charles and Faith Hill.
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 04:07 AM   #5
CHOCO

Damn!! It seems like Britney can't catch a break these days.

First, her movie Crossroads is a flop, then, there is the breakup with Justin, then she pulls out of the restaurant business and now Pepsi dumps her.

I'm sure she still has millions in the bank, I hope.
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 04:13 AM   #6
country flag King Satan
Team WTAworld

King Satan is on a distinguished road King Satan is on a distinguished road King Satan is on a distinguished road King Satan is on a distinguished road King Satan is on a distinguished road King Satan is on a distinguished road King Satan is on a distinguished road King Satan is on a distinguished road King Satan is on a distinguished road King Satan is on a distinguished road King Satan is on a distinguished road
Finally, someone with real talent
King Satan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 07:28 AM   #7
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
Poor Britney

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 07:39 AM   #8
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Britney
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 01:09 PM   #9
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Good for Beyonce!

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 01:28 PM   #10
country flag Princess Fiona
Team WTAworld
Superskyderen

Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute
Poor Britney! She's lost Justin ( for her) and really hasn't had the "best" year... I hope 2003 will be better for her!
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 03:01 PM   #11
country flag Ted of Teds Tennis

Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all
I don't care about Brittany Slut or Destiny's Child. They're both awful.
Ted of Teds Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 03:06 PM   #12
country flag Jarrett
Don't mess with Texas!

Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of
LOL, oh yeah she was REALLY great in Carmen (what a stretch of her "acting" abilites) and Austin Powers (when most of her lines her two or three at most). Shazaam! :rolleyes That movie sucked. I am sure she will get a hit off her new cd, whenever it comes out, but right I am seeing Kelly as the best solo off DC. B's song with Jay-Z was played out the second day it was out.
"Gee, Quinn... I hope that little foray of yours into Geekland just now is the result of heat exhaustion, and not an unpleasant side effect of all that tutoring. I mean, you're not turning into a brain, are you?" -- Sandi

Jarrett is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 03:08 PM   #13
country flag Jarrett
Don't mess with Texas!

Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of
But I have to say that Bills, Bills, Bills was a very good song.
"Gee, Quinn... I hope that little foray of yours into Geekland just now is the result of heat exhaustion, and not an unpleasant side effect of all that tutoring. I mean, you're not turning into a brain, are you?" -- Sandi

Jarrett is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 05:42 PM   #14
CHOCO

I believe that after some rest to recharge her batteries, Britney will bounce back with a vengeance. She'll be better than ever.

Remember, she is still very talented.
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 06:32 PM   #15
CHOCO

Don't be surprised if next year Britney signs a deal with Coca-Cola.