NFL sportswriter names Williams as top sports siblings "ever" - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 05:24 AM   #31
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NFL sportswriter names Williams as top sports siblings "ever"

Why Are People Putting Them Together!!!111?
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #32
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeas View Post
Some of your so stupid here I'm not surprise you didn't vote for Mo Larry Curly. THIS is 2013...
top sports siblings "ever"
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #33
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadparrot View Post
Wow, here's someone who knows his trivia In fact, Harald Bohr was also supposed to play for Denmark in the 1906 Intercalated Games in Athens (Denmark ended up winning the tournament), but he decided to stay in Denmark to help his brother Niels prepare his doctoral dissertation

The Laudrup Brothers' father, Finn Laudrup, was also a great, technically skilled football player who played 19 times for the Danish national team and played professionally in Austria.
Well, I know about Bohr because my son was a goalkeeper. Did you know Albert Camus was also a darn good 'keeper?
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #34
country flag deadparrot

deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Well, I know about Bohr because my son was a goalkeeper. Did you know Albert Camus was also a darn good 'keeper?
Yes, and don't forget Vladimir Nabokov, Pope John Paul II, Luciano Pavarotti, Julio Iglesias, and Che Guevara
deadparrot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #35
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

I see a lot of people saying "nay" All who have good points. I guess the deciding factor is that no one was surprised by those others succeeding in the sports they did. At the time even one girl from Compton making it to the top of tennis was unexpected. Having two within a couple years and those two being siblings give the WS (in the writer's opinion) the edge.
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #36
country flag JLG

JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future

All that didn't make sense anyway because the Mannings who are true superstars I guess, probably won't even reach Venus's championship count. Or if they do then here comes Serena's stats. lol

That's the whole point of the article isn't it?
JLG is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #37
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Since socccer doesn't matter one bit in USA no wonder they didn't include the Charltons or none of the other siblings like Laudrups or Koemans even though soccer is the most popular sport worldwide. American football is a local sport, comparing the Mannings to the Charltons is like comparing a stray cat to a lion
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #38
country flag JLG

JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwiny Tyeka Cwer View Post
Why Are People Putting Them Together!!!111?

Because they were #1 and #2 and faced each other in 4 consecutive finals and what....7 overall?

Doesn't matter if people forget what Venus was...the fact is she and serena dominated together for atleast 4 years together
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #39
country flag JLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
Since socccer doesn't matter one bit in USA no wonder they didn't include the Charltons or none of the other siblings like Laudrups or Koemans even though soccer is the most popular sport worldwide. American football is a local sport, comparing the Mannings to the Charltons is like comparing a stray cat to a lion
Are you kidding me? American football is basically war played on a field. There's a reason americans don't bother with the other one
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #40
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLG View Post
Are you kidding me? American football is basically war played on a field. There's a reason americans don't bother with the other one
It may be the biggest sport in USA but it's still local It's not like NBA or NHL even since there are just about a handful of foreigners playing there (and funnily enough the most famous of them is actually Polish )
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #41
country flag Third Mall

Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLG View Post
The Charlton brothers are way more accomplished than the Mannings. Being a fan of both sports I can say that objectively. Hell, even the Neville brothers are ahead of the Mannings, as are the Laudrups and the Cannavaros. American Football (and Baseball and to an extent Basketball) is niche in the scope of worldwide sports.
Third Mall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #42
country flag JLG

Quote:
It may be the biggest sport in USA but it's still local It's not like NBA or NHL even since there are just about a handful of foreigners playing there (and funnily enough the most famous of them is actually Polish )
I only responded because that sport is no cat to ANYONES lion.

I'm more of a basketball fan anyway, but even I know that as popular as basketball is, it's dwarfed in comparison here.

I think we even have a traditional football team now, don't we? So yall get a team and try your hand at ours so you'll finally understand the difference.

Good luck
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #43
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I've admitted football is the most popular sport in USA but pretty much irrelevant everywhere else. Rugby union on the other half is a totally different story and the real #1 among contact football sports in the world
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #44
country flag JLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Mall View Post
The Charlton brothers are way more accomplished than the Mannings. Being a fan of both sports I can say that objectively. Hell, even the Neville brothers are ahead of the Mannings, as are the Laudrups and the Cannavaros. American Football (and Baseball and to an extent Basketball) is niche in the scope of worldwide sports.
I don't disagree with any of that
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #45
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It may be the biggest sport in USA but it's still local
Not really. http://www.ifaf.info/countries/federation_list

But yeah, compared to "real" football, it's a drop in the bucket.

Anyway, I assumed the writer meant top American sports siblings. One would have to be nuts to try and assess that internationally