TONI BRAXTON EXPLODES: I DON'T SING LIKE J.LO. . . - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 11:55 AM   #1
CHOCO

CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool TONI BRAXTON EXPLODES: I DON'T SING LIKE J.LO. . .

TONI BRAXTON EXPLODES: I DON'T SING LIKE J.LO. . .
December 16, 2002 Provided by: Enquirer

GRAMMY WINNER Toni Braxton says Jennifer Lopez is a fine actress and businesswoman -- but she asks: "How can anyone compare my voice to J.Lo's?"
Veteran songbird Toni Braxton exploded after a writer dared to compare her singing to J.Lo's -- and she put down the sexy Latina as a second-rate singer.

The normally easygoing performer has suffered a series of setbacks with style and grace -- including bankruptcy, a very public breakup with her fiancé, and nasty false rumors about her sexuality.

But when the six-- time Grammy winner learned about the comparison to J.Lo, she became furious.

"Toni said the writer needed to get his hearing checked!" revealed a close family friend. "She asked, 'How could anyone possibly put me and Jennifer Lopez in the same sentence?

"'It's such bull---- !'

"She is furious that anyone would dare to compare her voice to J.Lo's.

"Toni yelled, 'I don't need $2 million worth of studio equipment to sing!

"'Jennifer can act and she's one hell of a businesswoman -- but she cannot touch my voice!'

"Toni doesn't have anything personally against Jennifer but she won't allow this to go unchallenged.

"She took offense because it makes her look like she's trying to ride on J.Lo's popularity, but she doesn't need it.

"She said she's been around A LOT longer than J.Lo and doesn't 'need to hold onto her tail to be heard!'"

Toni is now happily married and expecting her second child with husband Keri Lewis.

Concluded the family friend: "Toni says if there is one thing she's arrogant about it's her voice."
CHOCO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 01:33 PM   #2
BCP

BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold
Though Toni could have been a little more diplomatic, she has a fair point.........lol!
BCP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2002, 01:40 PM   #3
country flag CC

CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute
I would be furious too!
CC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2002, 03:16 PM   #4
CHOCO

CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point
Toni is pretty feisty these days.
CHOCO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2002, 04:18 PM   #5
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, Toni Braxton actually has "Talent"! I wonder if J-Lo knows how to spell "Talent"?
Old Dec 17th, 2002, 04:28 PM   #6
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute
and why don't they say JLO sounds like Toni
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2002, 04:33 PM   #7
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
JLo would need talent to sound like Toni!
Old Dec 17th, 2002, 05:15 PM   #8
country flag Cam'ron Giles
Snitch

Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute
OMG, what disrespect. How on god's green earth can anyone make such a mistake? J-Lo is hot (so is Toni for that matter) but J-Lo cant sing worth shit and she CANT act. A reviewer said she is stiff in all her films and I agree. How dare they...

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2002, 05:18 PM   #9
country flag Barrie_Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Freethinker82
OMG, what disrespect. How on god's green earth can anyone make such a mistake? J-Lo is hot (so is Toni for that matter) but J-Lo cant sing worth shit and she CANT act. A reviewer said she is stiff in all her films and I agree. How dare they...
But I gather her main talent is in the bedroom!
Old Dec 17th, 2002, 05:29 PM   #10
country flag Cam'ron Giles
Snitch

Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Barrie_Dude
But I gather her main talent is in the bedroom!
Hehe, I dont doubt it...

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2002, 06:14 PM   #11
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute
do you remember the joke chris rock made at music or movie mtv awards "jennifer lopez came in two limos. One for herself and one for her butt"
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2002, 06:36 PM   #12
country flag CC

CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute
jrm, I like Sarah McClachlan too. Is she ever coming back?
CC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2002, 06:52 PM   #13
GrandSlammed

GrandSlammed is an unknown quantity at this point
Diplomacy be damned up in here!

Sound off with the praises of Jennifer Lopez's booty beauty( and she really does not make the top twenty in that catergory) all you desire to, but when you start trying to put here in there with the REAL songbirds, like Braxton, don't be surprised when those sweet notes Braxton is known to hit, turn into LAVA on your ass. I don't blame the woman for getting upset, and letting the "sistah" in her come out.

Lopez IS NOT a real singer. It's an insult and it's a backhand slap in Braxton's face to compare Lopez to her. Lopez would have to agree on that. WTF!
GrandSlammed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2002, 07:21 PM   #14
country flag Seles_Beckham

Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all
I think that J.lo is selling more CD's than Toni ??
Someone know?? and what abaout the charts??

- SARAJEVO - BiH

- Mervana Jugić-Salkić ( 24-5 )
Seles_Beckham is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2002, 08:43 PM   #15
Serendy Willick

Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of
Toni has more talent on her middle finger than Jennifer Lopez has in her entire body.
Serendy Willick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote