Is there a chance that Jankovic can ressurect her form/career? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 28th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #46
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is there a chance that Jankovic can ressurect her form/career?

Of course Jankovic can still save her career.... she is too talented not to.

The only thing that has been holding her back is that she has become a headcase....

If she manages to fix that (Think Mauresmo 2006) then she still has more than enough ability to do well again.

Contrary to what many people think, Jankovic is not Wozniacki... her game is not totally dependent on footspeed and defense.

While being fast is important for Jankovic, she still has enough weight of shot and a decent enough serve to be able to make up for her slowing speed that comes with age. In addition, unlike Wozniacki Jankovic is pretty solid off both the forehand and the backhand which means top players can't just sit there and pick on a specific wing in hopes of breaking it apart (like they can with Wozniacki's forehand).

If she starts hitting like she did at the USO 06/07 AO 08 then she would have ample enough weapons to still be a considerable force on tour.

Not many people of this generation can make Serena look tame but Jankovic has managed it before.

I'd love to see Wozniacki or Radwanska manage to blow Serena out in 2 sets.... without serious help from Serena it won't ever be happening.
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #47
country flag Spring Pools

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

She already won Bogota - she's back
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 01:45 AM   #48
country flag Standard

Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Pools View Post
She already won Bogota - she's back
Yeah! I mean do we need more proof than that?
Standard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 01:50 AM   #49
country flag AlonsoFx

AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future

Hope she does.
A premiere SF already... No one would have imagined this last year, even before Bogotá
#1 JJ
AlonsoFx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 01:50 AM   #50
country flag Spring Pools

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
Yeah! I mean do we need more proof than that?
And she beat Julia Cohen
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 02:09 AM   #51
country flag Spencer.
New Caro Stan!

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
She made the YEC 4 times, 4 top 8 years.
But I guess you just had to make an appearance again showing how dumb you are, like you do in every JJ thread.

We'll always have Wimbly 07
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 02:31 AM   #52
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTennisFan View Post
Of course Jankovic can still save her career.... she is too talented not to.

The only thing that has been holding her back is that she has become a headcase....

If she manages to fix that (Think Mauresmo 2006) then she still has more than enough ability to do well again.

Contrary to what many people think, Jankovic is not Wozniacki... her game is not totally dependent on footspeed and defense.

While being fast is important for Jankovic, she still has enough weight of shot and a decent enough serve to be able to make up for her slowing speed that comes with age. In addition, unlike Wozniacki Jankovic is pretty solid off both the forehand and the backhand which means top players can't just sit there and pick on a specific wing in hopes of breaking it apart (like they can with Wozniacki's forehand).

If she starts hitting like she did at the USO 06/07 AO 08 then she would have ample enough weapons to still be a considerable force on tour.

Not many people of this generation can make Serena look tame but Jankovic has managed it before.

I'd love to see Wozniacki or Radwanska manage to blow Serena out in 2 sets.... without serious help from Serena it won't ever be happening.
Question: did you actually watch that AO QF? Or any of JJ's matches in that tournament. Early '08 Jankovic sucked.

And JJ's forehand is a liability and can be picked on, and I'm saying this as a fan; don't be delusional.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 02:32 AM   #53
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
AO '08 Jankovic sucked. That QF was a terrible match, lay off the hard stuff.

JJ's Stuttgart match against Venus was much better than any of the crap she produced in Melbourne that year.
And this detracts from my post in what way?

Oh wait, I forgot you were just being a Petty Bitch.

Still mad over my comments about Serena from yesterday?

My bad!

*PS* Did I see the Forehand DTL winners, the BH DTL and CC winners that JJ was producing during that AO 2008 match?

I did!
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 02:35 AM   #54
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTennisFan View Post
And this detracts from my post in what way?

Oh wait, I forgot you were just being a Petty Bitch.

Still mad over my comments about Serena from yesterday?

My bad!

*PS* Did I see the Forehand DTL winners, the BH DTL and CC winners during that AO 2008 match?

I did!

This match sucked so much. Serena could barely move her feet, and both were dropping serve like it was their business. It was all too obvious that Sharapova was going to roll Jelena over with her level of play that tournament.

There are so many other matches that point to Jelena's talent than that shitfest.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 02:37 AM   #55
country flag Yourlander

Yourlander is just really nice Yourlander is just really nice Yourlander is just really nice Yourlander is just really nice Yourlander is just really nice Yourlander is just really nice Yourlander is just really nice Yourlander is just really nice Yourlander is just really nice Yourlander is just really nice Yourlander is just really nice

What career?

Being a fraud-ass mug face No. 1 that can't win majors?

She isn't reviving anything, she is nothing more than a piece of trash from a terrible bygone era of the WTA. That is all.
Yourlander is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #56
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

No, but she'll always be the Empress of my heart.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #57
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She has to be able to get thru draws when they open up, like she's doing now.
Look at the 2013 AO. Azarenka only played one seed before the final, Stephens, then played an injured Li in the final.
Look at 2010 FO. Schiavone played Wozniacki in the quarters, Dementieva was injured and had to retire in the semis, then played Stosur in the final.

Draws can open up, majors or mandatories or any others.
I look at the teens coming up, and I dont see a future dominant player. Serena is getting older.

I think the next few years there will be a lot of opportunities for players who are consistent and can get thru early rounds to take advantage of a draw opening up.

Jelena was a super talent 2008. Anything near that level would make her a contender the next 5 years
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #58
country flag Celestial

Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all

I don't think so. She'll have a few good results here and there but I can't see her being of any threat to the top players or playing well consistently. She just seems to have burnt out.
Celestial is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #59
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute
I hope so.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using VerticalSports.Com App

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #60
country flag DevilishAttitude

DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone said this after Jankovic reached the final of Cincy in 2011 and when she reached the SF of Dubai last year and looked what happened after that.

She's just having her obligatory one good run at a big tournament a year, don't be shocked if she's back to losing early in her next tournaments.
DevilishAttitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote