Maria in Pattaya - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:24 AM   #226
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future
Re: Maria in Pattaya

Here they are:

But still keep going.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:29 AM   #227
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

Maria started to hit some UEs at the beginning of 2nd set, her stats could be better... but who cares at all.
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:17 PM   #228
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iblis View Post
Maria started to hit some UEs at the beginning of 2nd set, her stats could be better... but who cares at all.
Exactly. Cirstea was helpless most of this match if Kiri got the ball deep on her at all. No reason to go for winners against such an opponent.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:35 PM   #229
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to Makiri on routining Cirstea. I did not expect this but Maria and Soriana are good friends so maybe Sori does not like to play Kiri. At Wimbledon last year Kiri whipped Sori and that surprised me. But on hard court I figured they would have a tough semifinal battle like last year in Pattaya. But it wasn't to be. Sabine Lisicki has a big game bigger than Sori's and if she is serving well she will be a load for Kiri to handle. Let's hope Sabine has one of those not so good days with lots of UE's gifted to Maria. To see Kiri finally win a singles title after more than a 4 year drought would be sweet. But Lisicki is thinking she will win and that she can overpower Maria. We shall see.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 02:24 PM   #230
country flag AK-DH Fan

AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future

Great job Maria!!! glad she's backing up her results from last year. Of course it's a good win but I'd like to see higher numbers in the winners column. GL in the final!
Anna Chakvetadze
Tatiana Golovin
Maria Kirilenko
Ai Sugiyama

Other faves are-Hingis, Pierce, Myskina & Dementieva

|Ain't no party like a ...COCKTAIL PARTY!|D' Express_020|
AK-DH Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:09 PM   #231
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

YESSSSSS, here we go, final for Kiri!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I checked the livescores and it was 6-0!
What an impressive scoreline at the end!
Not many winners from Maria, but as you said, probably no need for that

Now please, please take the title Kiri! "Just" another win, you can do it!
She would deserve it so much, her draw was much tougher than lisicki's to be honest..
It all depends from which lisicki will show up tomorrow...you never know with her

It's their third meeting, but they didn't play since 2008, Maria leads 2-0

The final will start at 04:00 PM local time (10:00 AM CET)
I won't be able to see it, because I will have to work
..but I will check the livescores as often as I can, DAVAI MARIA, take the title!!

...olympic bronze medalist...

Last edited by peterlein : Feb 2nd, 2013 at 05:52 PM.
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 05:16 PM   #232
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

You have to work even on Sunday?
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM   #233
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
You have to work even on Sunday?
usually not, but unfortunately tomorrow yes

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:36 PM   #234
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

The pressure is on Maria to win the final tomorrow and for her to finally end her title drought of more than 4 years. I hope she can play free and easy and use her fine all court game to nullify Lisicki's serving and power advantage. Sabine is very up and down so it's vital Kiri plays clean at the stat to make Sabine think she will have to play great to win and that could cause Lisicki to commit alot of UE's.

These are the types of finals that Radwanksa and Woziacki routinely win. Kiri needs to start winning them as well.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:50 PM   #235
country flag Iblis

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
The pressure is on Maria to win the final tomorrow and for her to finally end her title drought of more than 4 years. I hope she can play free and easy and use her fine all court game to nullify Lisicki's serving and power advantage. Sabine is very up and down so it's vital Kiri plays clean at the stat to make Sabine think she will have to play great to win and that could cause Lisicki to commit alot of UE's.

These are the types of finals that Radwanksa and Woziacki routinely win. Kiri needs to start winning them as well.
In fact I'm so frightened of her to choke... she lost by now four finals in a row, a huge amount actually... it's not a big tournament but the pressure is probably going to be high nonetheless.
Maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic, Maria played every match perfectly so far in the season (except Errani's), but I already know that tomorrow I'm going to be incredibly nervous.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 09:35 PM   #236
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Now is ahead in her h2h against Sori, 3-2, having won the last three times, including in Pattaya's SF last year.

First final since New Haven, and she'll be meeting #5 Sabine, who Makiri is 2-0. This is their first meeting since 2008. Makiri's had a much stronger start to the season than Sabine, so I favor her in this matchup.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 09:52 PM   #237
country flag peterlein

Quote:
In fact I'm so frightened of her to choke... she lost by now four finals in a row, a huge amount actually... it's not a big tournament but the pressure is probably going to be high nonetheless.
Maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic, Maria played every match perfectly so far in the season (except Errani's), but I already know that tomorrow I'm going to be incredibly nervous.
It's the same for me, I will be so nervous tomorrow, hopefully kiri won't...
the good thing: lisicki is some kind of a headcase too, and it's her first final for almost one and a half years, she'll feel the pressure as well..
Sure, Maria lost her previous finals, but hey, it's not azarenka, hantuchova or kvitova this time..
and Kiri really is in a good shape, but tennis can be a mental thing if it comes to close out a match, especially in a final...but it seems kiri also improved on her mental side a lot, so she really finally could get that well deserved title

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VerticalSports.Com App

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 10:37 PM   #238
country flag Iblis

What makes me still more nervous is the fact that actually tomorrow match could be a crucial point of the entire season... I mean, winning a title after so many years would probably be a big boost in confidence for her... losing another final instead...
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 01:22 AM   #239
country flag wagner1912

wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light

I do not think she has pressure more now. I think their pressure in this tournament was to retain the points last year, and got it at a level very good, and she learned to live with the pressure, so is where he is now. I think it will come out as it always does in order to win to become champion. The problem would be if she thinks the finals losses, but today she lives a shining moment in her career
wagner1912 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 08:12 AM   #240
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

The match has begun, Lisicki serving.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote