AO13: So would you say the women's final was more enjoyable than the men's? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Was the women's final for enjoyable than the men's final?

Yes? 63 73.26%
No? 23 26.74%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #16
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO13: So would you say the women's final was more enjoyable than the men's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia P. View Post
They were both not quality finals, but yes, the WTA final had more drama so it was more enjoyable. The match itself was poor and Murray-Djokovic play boring matches. Li and Murray were injured in their matches which meant the final set of both matches were more or less NID.
Considering that Na fell down twice AND hit her head, Murray looked much more injured out there than she does, so the women's final wins.
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #17
country flag Jeffery

Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold

TBkeeper @ MTF tells the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post
Negative.
This year's AO was like a massage ............. being given to another person. You see it ..... still no pleasure.
Jeffery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 02:45 AM   #18
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold

The womens final wasn't great quality but had plenty of drama and story to it. The mens final was nothing compared to their US Open match. Overall I'd say most of the best matches were on the mens side, with Djokovic vs Wawrinka certainly being #1.
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 03:12 AM   #19
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Both players had very tame reactions (except fot Azarenka's tears).
Ferrer and Vesnina were more excited to win Auckland and Hobart.

The Djokovic-Murray rivalry is just so boring. They play the exact same style.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #20
country flag starin

starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute

since men's tennis primarily consists of big serve + long rallies where each guy tries to run around his bh to hit a fh I'd say yes.
starin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #21
country flag MG1

MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all

Absolutely, I find the Djokovic-Murray matchup a bit boring. While the quality of the women's final wasn't great, it had tons of drama and the outcome was uncertain for most of the match. I enjoyed the women's final a lot more.
MG1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 03:34 AM   #22
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

I actually preferred the women's final. The men's final was just so NID that even as a huge Murray fan I really couldn't get psyched for it. The women's final was a crapshoot, I literally had no idea what would happen, and that makes it more interesting IMO. It was pretty awful tennis but it held my attention. I turned off the men's final when Djokovic broke serve in the fourth.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 03:36 AM   #23
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

The men's final was just blah. Nothing spectacular like last year imo. The womens side was still better to say the least.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:01 AM   #24
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

For drama, it was better. For quality, it was a hot mess.

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13,14)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:35 AM   #25
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
so a match with 16 breaks in 3 sets - real tennis? I seriously doubt
I'd rather 16 breaks than nearly three hours without a break of serve

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:35 AM   #26
country flag 雨傘

雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future

I boycotted the men's final. Not watched any mens slam final since dozing off midway thru Djokovic Nadal 2012 AO. Who wants to watch two guys bunt the ball back and forth for 5 hours? I only follow Tsonga on the mens side now.
雨傘 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:41 AM   #27
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

The men's final had a lot more to live up to since it was so hyped, but sadly didn't deliver ....

The women's was more of a gradual build of excitement and although it was filled w.some scratchy play it had all the ingredients for a great match and for the most part delivered.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #28
country flag freefallball

freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all

Yes for drama, no for quality.

In the women's final, the first two and a half sets were all about Li Na breaking Azarenka and Li Na breaking herself.
The men's final were more exciting. Just because it isn't a 5-hour match or Nadal/Federer isn't in it, it doesn't mean the finals weren't good. There were nice exchanges in the first three sets.
freefallball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #29
Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, the men's final was more enjoyable for me. I was cowering with Na's injuries, I was probably being way too negative and so I can't really say I enjoyed the experience.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #30
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quality is a term that really has no substantive meaning, just a term way overused by commentators in tennis matches..
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote