Li Na in tears during heartfelt interview with Chinese TV after losing AO13 final - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #31
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Li Na in tears during heartfelt interview with Chinese TV after losing AO13 final

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
AO Final - one more provement that there is no justice in the world... A player who played the best tennis of the tournament, who is appriciated by the public had to twist her ankle twice to lose to mediocre bully who cheated in SF
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #32
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Li Na in tears during heartfelt interview with Chinese TV after losing AO13 final

Na is such a class act. Funny, thoughtful, a good sport, just all-around good gal.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #33
country flag taloki

taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of

heartbreaking to watch.
taloki is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #34
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawcio765 View Post
I remember the interview after the match with Clijsters also. The Chinese journalist was just awful, asking some stupid questions. After the AO final I was like, well at least there is no interview when she cries. But unfortunately it did happen.
I think it's very hard to be sportsman in Asia. They are so in to it. Just look at the Olympics, Asians seem to be scared about their lives, when they lose it's like the end of the world for them.
By Asians you mean Chinese? Because not all Asian nations are like that

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #35
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

What does she mean coming from the bottom to the top? Did she ever fall out of the top 10 recently?

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #36
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
What does she mean coming from the bottom to the top? Did she ever fall out of the top 10 recently?
Yes, she was seeded #11 at Wimbledon last year and #9 at US Open. That was recent

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #37
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After her RG win, she bombed out of WImbledon in R2 that year and lost R1 of US Open too. The rest of the year she could barely win matches, and obviously many people wondered whether AO and RG were just flukes.

So she was referring to the "bottom" she hit after those 2 fantastic Slam runs of AO and RG 2011.

Last edited by Ellery : Jan 28th, 2013 at 12:20 AM.
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #38
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARA-GOAT View Post
After her RG win, she bombed out of WImbledon in R2 that year and lost R1 of US Open that year. The rest of the year she could barely win matches, and obviously many people wondered whether AO and RG were just flukes.

So she was referring to the "bottom" she hit after those 2 fantastic Slam runs of AO and RG 2012.
Mmm hmm .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #39
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Na, she's sweet, funny, and so lovable. I just need her to develop some killer instinct. She reminds me of Kim in her first career, very capable of beating the top girls and winning slams but never having that edge. Remember when Kim always played second fiddle to the sisters, Justine, Capriati, etc.

Kim could never really beat them at the slams then because she didn't have that extra belief. It took her an extended break, motherhood, and a husband to finally get a little bit of that killer instinct even though most of her former rivals level had delined or they retired altogether. It's good to see Na working with Carlos, she will only get better.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #40
country flag aloeball

aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future

Amazing, so endearing. Compare that to Vika and her crying haha far out. The latter is a joke.
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #41
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

I won't say it was bad luck, just ... dramatic

The interviewer was really nice and supportive
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #42
country flag Mustafina

Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future

Quote:
She may have been referring to the period where she struggled with injuries and had conflicts with the Chinese federation.
Mustafina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #43
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Na Na

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:20 AM   #44
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawcio765 View Post
I remember the interview after the match with Clijsters also. The Chinese journalist was just awful, asking some stupid questions. After the AO final I was like, well at least there is no interview when she cries. But unfortunately it did happen.
I think it's very hard to be sportsman in Asia. They are so in to it. Just look at the Olympics, Asians seem to be scared about their lives, when they lose it's like the end of the world for them.
This wasn't why Na was crying though. They were as much tears of joy as they were tears of disappointment. And I think like most top sportsmen, the expectations she puts on herself are greater than any other form of expectation.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #45
country flag WeiWei

WeiWei is a name known to all WeiWei is a name known to all WeiWei is a name known to all WeiWei is a name known to all WeiWei is a name known to all WeiWei is a name known to all WeiWei is a name known to all WeiWei is a name known to all WeiWei is a name known to all WeiWei is a name known to all WeiWei is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
AO Final - one more provement that there is no justice in the world... A player who played the best tennis of the tournament, who is appreciated by the public had to twist her ankle twice to lose to mediocre bully who cheated in SF
Na also hit her head and barely see anything in several seconds after hitting, while someone who claimed to be hard to breath was playing better than every previous match. That someone also got "sicked" and escaped to face Serena after 6-1 6-0 a scrub.
WeiWei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote