Who is funnier? Li Na or Sloane Stephens - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: who is funnier?

Li Na 90 93.75%
Sloane Stephens 6 6.25%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #31
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who is funnier? Li Na or Sloane Stephens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
Not really "mean spirited" per se. I didn't use that word. Just sarcastic and shady
Ok, cool.
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #32
country flag zigga

zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future

Li by far
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #33
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolás89 View Post
You think Sloane is mean spirited?!

Mean spirited nowadays doesn't mean tennis players go around and be serial killers, dude, otherwise we wouldn't have this discussion because who is going to compare killers to normal people? It generally means someone unnecessarily taking shots at other people, embarassing them for no reason, talking highly of oneself at others' expenses.

Stephens out of nowhere brought up " Vika sucks toes" " everyone told me they hate her" prompt people to have nasty images that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

" Well, we don't see Melanie any more." cheap shot at Melanie, who doesn't want to be mentioned of her lows this way and didn't ask for it.

" Big dogs are in the second week, Little kids went home." Sloane is a big dog. Venus, Serena, Kvitova must be " little kids", lol. Of course we don't take all her comments all that seriously, but somehow they raised some eyebrows,.

" We are like Nadal- Fed rivalry". regarding to Sloane as Nadal and Robson as Fed. . No comment.

" I love to see myself and I'm sure people want to see me too" ---->. Even a big star said this, she might be criticized being full of herself. And for someone who has barely achieved anything? A. Stevenson anyone?

Look, I don't hate Sloane, but it's amazing that some people can't see these behind her comments.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #34
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but even with the definition you just came up with, I fail to see how any of those comments are mean spirited, when we read them in context.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #35
country flag Scola

Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of

If Li Na is considered funny, than Nadal must be a member of Monty Python's...
Scola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #36
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolás89 View Post
I'm sorry but even with the definition you just came up with, I fail to see how any of those comments are mean spirited, when we read them in context.

Everyone has a different degree in observation what can be mean, very mean and what's not. For example, if a guy slap his wife in front of a crowd, some would think " Omg, how could he do that? It's so mean. " Some others would think" She deserves it. She didn't obey what he told her. And most importantly, she is not dead yet. "

If you think embarassing people, including your friends, for no reason is okay. Then more power to you.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #37
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

I find both of them funny but in different ways. Li is older, more mature but also quite playful. Stephens is an unfiltered teen who hasn't been tainted by IMG's personality robbing program and I find her candor refreshing. Some posters here are overly sensitive and are misinterpreting or reading too much into what she says.
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #38
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKANADAL01 View Post
li na; Sloane appears quite arrogant.
THIS!!!! At 1st I used think she was charming & personable but oh boy was I wrong, reading through her interviews from last year & through AO13, she comes across as cocky, brash & arrogant. She needs to calm her titties down.

Even with her limited English Li Na is funny, likes throwing shade at her husband, she's one of my fav players in post-match interviews, the other of course Serena
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #39
country flag jimmy_the_greek
*TENNIS NSW PLAYER*

jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future

Li Na, her humor is more natural, Sloane sometimes tries too much.
jimmy_the_greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #40
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute
Sloane's quotes and most of them were just within two weeks
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #41
country flag Jeffery

Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
"Yeah, but, you know, my husband is my hitting partner. He can hit slice, also."
Jeffery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #42
country flag aloeball

aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future

How is Sloane funny? I love comedy, love having a laugh. I laugh at so many things.

I dont find Sloane remotely funny.

Li Na is funny
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #43
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Na is perfect for one-liners. It's like she doesn't even try; the prize money one is GOAT.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 02:43 AM   #44
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Na, next.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 03:09 AM   #45
country flag dagamezbest

dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold

Wow I feel like this poll is one-sided due to peoples blatant racism towards Sloane. She can be a bit over the top at times but she really isnt that bad!
dagamezbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote