The Tadeja Majeric making her way to the top thread! - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 17th, 2014, 10:20 AM   #331
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Tadeja Majeric making her way to the top thread!

what a utter shitfest mentally completely not there

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2014, 10:31 AM   #332

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

she keeps on losing those matches on a mental level, which is where she should be winning them.

how many times has she lost a match after breaking back?

Old Apr 17th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #333
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 17th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #334
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Her stuffing up at 4*-5 in the 2nd was just terrible. When she had that easy shot at 30-15 which she missed I just couldn't believe it. She has just lost her mental intelligence and tactics. I have never seen her push so much and so stupidly for that matter. She will be out of the Top 200 soon if she doesn't improve. She has the shots she needs to be more aggressive and she only loses them when it is too late. I think she needs both a new coach to improve her game + teach her tactics and also a Mental coach not to stop choking because I wouldn't call her losing leads choking (at least not all the time) but she constantly loses her concentration and focus, often within games, making horrible tactical and shot choices when she is winning and has opportunities. This was a very winnable match even into the last game and I think that she knew that very well which also adds to her poor play. I mean she actually played not only into her own weaknesses but Cagla's strengths... She was giving her put-away practice on those moonballs landing inside the service line She better win that Chinese 25K else a slump will come

What I posted in GM:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
This

As one of her most loyal fans, I watch her whenever I can and have seen many of her matches over the last year or two. Something which has always bugged me about her is that she only plays good tennis against good players/players where she feels she has to play better than her pushing self. For example, against Pavs, in the 1st and 3rd sets she was really aggressive and kept up, even hitting some really great winners and was up on the baseline After she had won the 1st though, she started to push and lot that set comfortably.

The same happened today against Cagla: she was playing good baseline tennis keeping the ball deep and using her backhand and got the break to go up 4*-3. Then all she did was put what can't even be called moonballs, rather put-away practice balls inside the service line which Cagla just hit winner after winner off and she lost 3 games. Even in those games, she would play better tennis to get a GP, then she would push and lose that opportunity.

Then at the start of the 2nd, she was smashing return winners and hitting angles, making Cagla run everywhere. Then when she gets up 2-0, she hits her first error and gets scared or something, so pushes until she ends up being down 5-3 Then she again plays more positive tennis, not like at the beginning of the 2nd by any means, but keeping her depth and moving the ball. Cagla then chokes and it's 5-4. Then she plays some good points to go up 30-15, has a very very very easy smash which she turns into a complicated drive volley and misses and then gets scared again so moonballs two points missing out on some horrifically short balls by the nervous Cagla before Cagla just goes stuff it and smashes a backhand up the line which may have been out.

Basically, if Tadeja does not get a new coach who knows about tactics + can teach her how to do more shots + get a psychiatrist she will never make Top 100 and never be a WTA, and this is coming from one of her biggest fans. She has great natural co-ordination, anticipation and ball-control but that won't get her where she wants to be and I think she has to make a change.

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 04:35 PM   #335
country flag Keaka

Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute

Well I think she just needs to work a lot on offense and getting her groundstrokes past the service line! The short, low balls might be very peculiar on a grasscourt and some hardcourts, not so much on clay and slow HC, and hardcourts are getting slower and slower as we speak.

More importantly, I think she's gone past the phase of realising her potential when she saw how good she can cope with the majority of world top players, but now that she's gone past that, she must make one additional step. Players got to know her style and can read her now... a tennis player must improve every day... she needs more aggression and a better forehand technique (she plays the forehand without really stretching her arm and hence she gets no energy on it)... and she needs to get rid of her fear of being near the net...

The technique improvement seems a bit far-fetched. I don't believe she's able to transform her technique. On the other hand, I think her mentality, tactics and physical condition are of great potential. Top 100 potential for sure.
Keaka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 04:40 PM   #336
country flag Keaka

Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, she's thinking of changing her nationality to Bosnian.

Source: http://www.siol.net/sportal/tenis/20...dresu_bih.aspx

Basically it says that she's tired of quarreling with the slovene tennis association...
Keaka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 04:44 PM   #337

well considering what she told me, it is hard to be surprised

Old Apr 17th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #338

she will also start working with another tennis academy from next week...

she'll work with Swedish ACE PRO tennis academy...Perrin, Kolar and Tinjic already there

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 12:55 AM   #339
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaka View Post
By the way, she's thinking of changing her nationality to Bosnian.

Source: http://www.siol.net/sportal/tenis/20...dresu_bih.aspx

Basically it says that she's tired of quarreling with the slovene tennis association...
What exactly is so irritating about them? Also, last year she wanted to change to Switzerland, now Bosnia Soon it will be Kazakhstan Does she have relations there? I thought she might change to Serbia or Montenegro to be with Danka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
she will also start working with another tennis academy from next week...

she'll work with Swedish ACE PRO tennis academy...Perrin, Kolar and Tinjic already there
She heard my prayer

But that's good BTW, was she still in Switzerland up until now or was she in UK?

Quote:
well considering what she told me, it is hard to be surprised
What exactly did she tell you? Didn't they just not give her funding as a Junior?

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 08:22 AM   #340

her relationship with them is very tense, she gets no money nor support or whatsoever

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 08:26 AM   #341
country flag chingching

Quote:
her relationship with them is very tense, she gets no money nor support or whatsoever
But surely she does now... I mean she is almost Top 100...

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 08:30 AM   #342

as far as i know, no, she is not getting any money, not even now

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 08:39 AM   #343
country flag chingching

Quote:
Are they trying to throw her away

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 09:01 AM   #344
country flag SloKid
The long and winding road.

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think anyone gets much money from the federation, don't know what she's expecting.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 09:43 AM   #345
country flag chingching

Tadeja has entered a lot of tournaments (the maximum, 6) for the week of May 5th, after 25K Nanning and 50K Anning (only just realised the name similarity ).

P1: 50K Fukuoka (Synthetic Grass).
P2: 100K Cagnes-Sur-Mer (Red Clay)
P3: 75K Trnava (Red Clay)
P4: 25K Tunis (Red Clay)
P5: 25K Raleigh (Green Clay)
P6: 25K Incheon (Hard)

I hope she plays Fukuoka where if the Priorities pan out she will be 2nd Seeded but they are all good options. I just hope she keeps playing It will be good to go to her Swedish Academy sometime though