Womens Tennis in General, vol. 2 - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 14th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #706
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General, vol. 2

In case you are wondering what is going on below Caro here is #17 to #24 (edited into previous post as well):

17 Suarez Navarro 1910
18 Halep 1679
19 Ivanovic 1668
20 Kuznetsova 1657
21 Vesnina 1520
22 Kanepi 1511
23 Stosur 1368
24 Cornet 1354

Only Serena and Halep play next week (both Bastad) so I probably won't post an update next week as not a lot will happen. Just add 280 points to Serena's total and 200 points to Halep's total .
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #707
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Why the heck is Sofia the week after the YEC? Shouldn't the bigger tournament go last and end the season?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #708
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Why the heck is Sofia the week after the YEC? Shouldn't the bigger tournament go last and end the season?
There are two subtitute players taking part in the Istanbul event and they shall have a chance to take part in the Sofia event. We see every year that at least one of the substitutes are playing YEC. If they haven't won an international tournament they usually get a wildcard to the Sofia event - or tournament of champions. - and one last thing - we want the players as fresh as possible, and that goes for the substitute players too
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #709
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
They should scrap this event, and replace it with something more productive. I mean really this event is so flawed in it's inception you wonder how on earth they ever come with it. It's "Tournament of Champions" but can't have any players that qualified directly for the Year End Championship, can't have any players that are in the Fed Cup.

This is this years Race to Sofia :

1. Serena Williams 7520
2. Agnieszka Radwanska 3837
3. Sara Errani 3780
4. Na Li 3300
5. Roberta Vinci 2310
6. Jelena Jankovic 2296
7. Maria Kirilenko 2171
8. Simona Halep 1706
9. Elena Vesnina 1520
10. Alize Cornet 1353
11. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 1198
12. Francesca Schiavone 880

So of the top 12 qualifiers, 6 will be on Fed Cup duty instead (Errani, Vinci, Kirilenko, Vesnina, Pavlyuchenkova, Schiavone). 4 will almost certainly be Istanbul (Williams, Radwanska, Errani, Li) and be ineligible. Jankovic is also chasing Istanbul. And this is just now, more of the top players who will be ineligible will probably enter this phony race before the end of the year.

That's just removing all the top players, so what is really the point, it's a closed entry event, which also completely contradicts its title name. What has the winner actually won? What do you brand it as exactly. Another generic event would be better than this tbh. The U21 Championship that was suggested months ago would also be a better idea than this.
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #710
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

I was just browsing GM to see if there was any (interesting) news around.

There was. Apparently Martina Hingis is planning a singles-comeback this fall.

Inside the GM thread, quite a few people are very psyched. There are both predictions of 'going deep in slams' and 'top 10 for sure' ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #711
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

How does Vika pulling out of Toronto affect US Open seeding? Can Sharapova be 2 seed? Can Caroline be top 8 seed if she does well this week?
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #712
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
How does Vika pulling out of Toronto affect US Open seeding? Can Sharapova be 2 seed? Can Caroline be top 8 seed if she does well this week?
Vika 8805, Sharapova 8765 going into next week. But it's advantage Sharapova. Vika now has 16 results including zero pointers, and will have to improve upon her "16th best" result of 200 points next week in Cincinnati. Sharapova defend nothing going into next week. So in effect Azarenka will have to go further in the draw in Cincinnati than Sharapova to keep the #2 ranking and thus #2 seed for the US Open.

Wozniacki is 450 points off #8 with the Montreal points from last year stripped off. Impossible to tell what she will need to do to be top 8 seed for US Open right now (it will become clearer after this week), other than she will need a lot of points the next 2 weeks. She will need a SF minimum somewhere in the next 2 weeks imo. Kerber who is currently in the #8 spot has a final to defend next week in Cincinnati.
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #713
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Vika 8805, Sharapova 8765 going into next week. But it's advantage Sharapova. Vika now has 16 results including zero pointers, and will have to improve upon her "16th best" result of 200 points next week in Cincinnati. Sharapova defend nothing going into next week. So in effect Azarenka will have to go further in the draw in Cincinnati than Sharapova to keep the #2 ranking and thus #2 seed for the US Open.

Wozniacki is 450 points off #8 with the Montreal points from last year stripped off. Impossible to tell what she will need to do to be top 8 seed for US Open right now (it will become clearer after this week), other than she will need a lot of points the next 2 weeks. She will need a SF minimum somewhere in the next 2 weeks imo. Kerber who is currently in the #8 spot has a final to defend next week in Cincinnati.
Thanks. Back on hardcourt, with her old racket & Vika's draw, here's a chance to really get a good start to this hardcourt run, which is 8 months thru Miami 2014.
I thought she should have trained in California and played those 2 premiers, but this works out okay, if she is ready to play like Dubai/IW this spring

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #714
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Cibulkova just beat Kerber, Domi is really coming along way if she can keep this level up I think she can be Top 10, as for as Angie her year not been good She might fall out top 10 if she keep this level up

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #715
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Wow Cibulkova just beat Kerber, Domi is really coming along way if she can keep this level up I think she can be Top 10, as for as Angie her year not been good She might fall out top 10 if she keep this level up
A couple of weeks doesn't make a year. She is lower in the race than her actual ranking position, which says so far her year has been worse than last year. She has top 10 potential but you could say this for so many. In part because the bottom half of the top 10 is so weak, and full of out of form, struggling players. In the race for example there is less than 800 points between 8th and 19th, less than 600 points between 10th and 19th. Well that isn't very much. A semi final at the US Open and all of a sudden any of those players are on the verge of entering the top 10 (or staying top 10).
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #716
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ I didn't mean too put year, I meant Weeks but yeah I agree what you say ozza If Domi can continue too play like that she could be top 10, IDK wat wrong with Angie her year has not been so good

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #717
country flag goldenlox

Cirstea makes her first final since 2008 Tashkent. Vika withdraws, and that section of a premier 5 becomes a weak Intl field

Old Aug 10th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #718
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Cirstea makes her first final since 2008 Tashkent. Vika withdraws, and that section of a premier 5 becomes a weak Intl field
I can't agree to this. She beat Caro, JJ, Petra, and Li Na. That's not a weak Intl field. In situations like this - I totally applaud Cirstea without detracting from her victories. I gotta respect and not take anything away from them.

But I've seen player after player having great runs at a single tounament. It's being able to deliver these results consistently that counts.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #719
country flag goldenlox

The names are good, Wozniacki, Jankovic, Kvitova, and Li.
But lets see where Cirstea goes from here.
I think when Vika withdrew, and they moved Caro there, it made that section much weaker.
I've seen Petra and Na have terrible North America tournaments.
This was a great situation for someone who was supposed to play Vika. Turned out to be Cirstea

Old Aug 10th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #720
country flag goldenlox

When they moved Caro into Vika's spot, I thought this could be a huge gift.
But with Caro, especially the last 4 months, no match is easy, no draw is easy