Womens Tennis in General, vol. 2 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #46
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General, vol. 2

Okay, it does appear that Maria is in very deep trouble but I still believe that she can turn this around.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #47
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Yes I do!
She lost 6-3 6-2 in 1 hour 14 minutes.

Good thing it's Sharapova's day otherwise who knows how bad the loss would have been.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #48
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Okay, it does appear that Maria is in very deep trouble but I still believe that she can turn this around.
What have you been smoking today?

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #49
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Another match for Serena Williams ... cool that. She'll be nicely well done and tender for a potential 3R match with Caroline in Dubai

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #50
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

If Azarenka wins the Doha final, is she then 'the real #1' and Serena Williams just an imposter?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #51
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
If Azarenka wins the Doha final, is she then 'the real #1' and Serena Williams just an imposter?
Nah, it would definitely be a great win for Vika, probably her best win in a long time. I know she just won the AO but that was far from impressive. However, it's dificult to argue that Serena doesn't deserve number 1 even if she loses tomorrow, her record against Vika and Maria speaks for itself.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #52
country flag TennisFan66

Noticed in GM, there was a thread about if there is a 'Big 3/4' or only a 'Big 2'.

I must admit, I've had similar thoughts. I can only see a Big 2. Serena Williams and Azarenka.

I suppose those who argue for a 'Big 3' and incl Sharapova is because, she holds FO. However #4 schooled #3 in Miami and I seriously doubt #3 will retain FO. Then she too will be slamless in regards to ranking points.

Big # 3 and # 4 are also consistently losing to Big # 1 and # 2,

In conclusion : There's only a 'Big 2' ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #53
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. Vika wins the 1st set tiebreak 8-6 after leading 5-2 in the tiebreak and then double faulting to 5-5. She saved a set point on a 2nd serve at 5-6 in the 1st set tiebreak. The match is 1 hour 1 minute long.

Vika led 3-1 1st (she won 12 points in a row to get there) and 4-2 1st set plus led 30-0 and 40-30 on Serena's serve at 5-5 1st set.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Feb 17th, 2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: 1st set tiebreak score corection
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #54
country flag TennisFan66

It's interesting how Azarenka is getting to Serena Williams mentally by 'raising her hand' when Williams is ready to serve.

Imagine if Caro did such a thing. Oh dear God. It will be a 120 page condemning thread.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #55
country flag Protoss

Ugh. Serena holds for 6-2 2nd set at 40-15. The match is 1 hour 48 minutes long.

Vika got only 39% of her 1st serves in during the 2nd set.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #56
country flag TennisFan66

Since 2012, Azarenka is 68-0, when winning 1st set ...

Williams on the other hand is 7-0 in finals since USO 2011

One of those '0' will become a 1 ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #57
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Since 2012, Azarenka is 68-0, when winning 1st set ...

Williams on the other hand is 7-0 in finals since USO 2011

One of those '0' will become a 1 ..
Both of those records would still be really good though. I wish Caro had stats like those.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #58
country flag TennisFan66

Well well. How ironic that now Serena Williams will become #1 ranked again, she is beaten by the new 'real #1' ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #59
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Serena was awful in the 3rd set

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #60
country flag Protoss

Yay!! Vika holds for 6-3 3rd set at 40-15 from 40-0 (2nd serve there). The match was 2 hours 29 minutes long.

Vika had 30-15 2nd serve and 40-30 on Serena's serve at 5-2 3rd set.

Vika was down 0-30 in her 1st service game of the 3rd set and faced a break point at 30-40 in her 2nd service game but held both times.