Womens Tennis in General, vol. 2 - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 14th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #181
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General, vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
^^ Yes, I remember that .. Kirilenko lost the point as Umpire called 'hindrance'. That's why Kirilenko is a 'cheater'? Seriously. GM. *rolls eyes*
There's also the timing of some of her medical timeouts and her trips to the bathroom after sets.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 14th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #182
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
There's also the timing of some of her medical timeouts and her trips to the bathroom after sets.
Don't forget the as yet unanswered Dr. Luis Garcia del Moral connection.
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #183
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

The BB-loving, anti-pushing brigade is plenty mad about this Caro - Kerber SF. TF probably would've blown up if the other SF had been Aga - Errani on top of that!
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #184
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
The paradox with these withdrawals are that now we again will see that Vika hasn't lost a mach in 2013 - come on. If you say that a loss through a walkover is not a loss - hey if you win a match which give you the right to play next round you loose that match if you can't play - quite simple. Else you have to say that a win through a wo is not a win - come on ridiculous. In badminton you win by a walkover - you win the right to play the next game as well as you loose the right. So now Vika has lost twice in 2013 - period.
Eh, I don't think that it matters if walkovers are part of such a streak. I do think that they should be mentioned when discussing the streak. As long as you are presenting people with an accurate representation and not trying to hide the fact that there were walkovers I am okay with it.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #185

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Masha saves 6 Makiri BPs with good serves and takes first set 6-4.
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #186

Sharapova making the final means she takes Vika's no. 2 spot in the rankings. How many times in tennis history have you seen a no. 1 go 'undefeated' for the season yet drop to no. 3, I wonder?
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #187
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Sharapova making the final means she takes Vika's no. 2 spot in the rankings. How many times in tennis history have you seen a no. 1 go 'undefeated' for the season yet drop to no. 3, I wonder?
I don't think I've ever heard of that happening before.

Vika is still clearly #1 in the YEC race though.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #188
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I don't think I've ever heard of that happening before.

Vika is still clearly #1 in the YEC race though.
And despite retiring from Dubai and I/W. No matter how you cut or slice it, I cannot argue, Vika is not the best player of 2013 so far.

Doesn't matter if she's ranked, 1 2 or 3 or lower.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #189
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know if it's true that Vika has pulled out of Miami?
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #190
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Yeah. Apparently so ...

So a few hours ago, Vika was fine and dandy. But now, after they did the draw, she is too injured to play ... I am sorry, but she should be penalized BIG TIME for pulling such a stunt.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #191
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
No it isn't.

Quote:
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Received confirmation from Azarenka's team that despite reports, Victoria has NOT withdrawn from Miami, is still in the tournament as of now
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #192

The qualifier to play Hradecka is Karolina Pliskova (Hradecka is 1-0 H2H). They'll play first match on court 6 today and the winner will play Caro in 2R.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Mar 20th, 2013 at 08:12 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #193

Youngest Miami MD match: Vekic + Putintseva = 35 years
Oldest Miami MD match: Venus + KDK = 75 years

Don't say women's tennis doesn't cover a broad spectrum!
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #194
country flag Protoss

Quote:
The qualifier to play Hradecka is Karolina Pliskova (Hradecka is 1-0 H2H). They'll play first match on court 6 today and the winner will play Caro in 2R.
It's the 2nd match on court 6.
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #195
country flag Yksi

Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Don't say women's tennis doesn't cover a broad spectrum!
Of course it does!
Yksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote